(Report) Berlin, CT Transform and Roller(Defenser) Out

We all had a great time today.

We originally planned on over 8 people, but unfortunately a few of my friends canceled at the last minute: Bullchamp's father picked him up early and unfortunately my other friend got the stomach bug yesterday/early in the morning.

At 9:20, a custodian at the center saw us and was telling us about his nephew's Beyblades- it was really funny- small world. Tongue_out

By 9:30, we had 6 players, so we had TheSupremeOne's and my mother to make 8.

For Zero-G, a lot of neat and unusual combinations were used, since it was more of a lax environment today. I used F230 3 times (1 against Death- which came very near to winning and 2 against Flash- one in regular play and once in the finals)- I wanted to use a variety of combinations today. We saw some Synchroms, a good amount of 4D, and an awesome Crystal Wheel match between me and TheSupremeOne. Regular play was finished a bit before 10:20, the finals took a little bit of time. In the end, it was me in first, TheSupremeOne in second, and ElementChris in third.

We took a bit of a "break" after that and then started Plastics. Since I was the only one with some, I lent them out with my launchers for everyone to use. It took a little bit for everyone to figure out Plastics (aside from me since I'm used to fooling around with them). One combination was used (Trygle AR, 10 Wide(?), and Gazzly's Base) and got TheSupremeOne's sister fourth, everyone else used stock Beyblades. In the end, I got first, ElementChris got second, and TheSupremeOne got third. Everyone loved the epic battles with the Plastics- the KO's, the big hits, and everything in between. I think it's safe to say it was my and others highlight of the day.

So, overall, this worked really nicely. Everyone had a great time and hopefully, with the positive reaction, we'll be having another Plastics event in the future.
Wow I just love the suspense of not having enough players and then at the end some people save the day (not really).

It sounds like it was very fun, and less competitive. Even though I love competition it's fun to just cut back and relax every once in a while. I know you guys will have a ton more tournaments like this!
(Jul. 19, 2014  1:50 AM)Lord Wrote: Wow I just love the suspense of not having enough players and then at the end some people save the day (not really).

It sounds like it was very fun, and less competitive. Even though I love competition it's fun to just cut back and relax every once in a while. I know you guys will have a ton more tournaments like this!

Again, I wouldn't say it wasn't competitive at all- a lot of those "weird" combinations did pretty well- Phantom 125 WF nearly defeated a Duo SA165 BWD and Death 130 D nearly defeated my Dragoon F230.

Yeah, it wasn't as competetive as something like the GBT2 Qualifier or something- it was a nice change of pace.