Rekindling an old hobby

Hi guys, judging by the ages from the "Introduce Yourself!" forum I think I might be one of the oldest (if not the oldest) person here. I'm 22. I had a collection of plastic Beyblades way back when Hasbro first released them in the States. I've lost the collection during Hurricane Katrina...Confused

Anyways, on a whim I bought a random Beyblade while I was grocery shopping at Walmart about 2 weeks ago. I was immediately hit by the nostalgia train and was sucked back into the world of Beyblades.

A little bit about myself. I have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. I'm currently pursuing a Master's while working part time as a computer technician. I also develop software on the side at vWorker for some extra cash income.

Besides my newly rekindled interest in Beyblades I also have a collection of Rubik's cubes and twisty puzzles and pens of all sorts (mainly vintage fountain pens). I'm also a tabletop gamer and I have Warhammer, Warhammer 40k, Warmachine, and Hordes armies that I regularly do battle with every other weekend or so.

Oh, I'm huge into paintball and of last year, my friends and I created a local paintball team called "For the Nguyen." We've won a couple of local tournaments, but nothing big. We hope to be able to join and possibly win a national tournament within the year.

In terms of Beyblading, I don't see much of a local following in New Orleans, LA. To that end, my current hobby will most likely end up as a collection that won't see any use. I will see you guys around the forums!
Welcome. Smile
Welcome to the WBO hope you enjoy!, nope your not the oldest
Welcome. I've never heard of anyone who collects Pens. A strange hobby, but some might say that about BeyBlade. You're definitely not the oldest. Most of the moderators are about the same age as you. Hope you enjoy your time here in the WBO.
Were you on Beyblade forums years ago ?
You're a massive nerd. You'll fit in here perfectly haha.
Welcome to the WBO!
Oldest... loool
Welcome to the WBO! Another old member? I hope you make this community an even better place!

If you have any questions or troubles with the forums, PM me!
Welcome to the WBO
(Sep. 16, 2011  9:15 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Were you on Beyblade forums years ago ?

No I was not. Never knew it existed or else I would have!

Aura Wrote:Welcome. I've never heard of anyone who collects Pens. A strange hobby, but some might say that about BeyBlade. You're definitely not the oldest. Most of the moderators are about the same age as you. Hope you enjoy your time here in the WBO.

Oh, you'll be surprised how many pen collectors are out there. Some of us have hermetically sealed cases so as not to induce even more aging on vintage fountain pens.

Wow, when I said I might have been the oldest, I was only going by the "Introduce yourself!" posts. I can see that I'm wrong. Very wrong
(Sep. 15, 2011  7:59 AM)siphuyoda Wrote: A little bit about myself. I have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. I'm currently pursuing a Master's while working part time as a computer technician. I also develop software on the side at vWorker for some extra cash income.

Computer Science?! Grin I have found my match.
(Sep. 15, 2011  7:59 AM)siphuyoda Wrote: I'm also a tabletop gamer and I have Warhammer, Warhammer 40k, Warmachine, and Hordes armies that I regularly do battle with every other weekend or so.

Welcome! I also play warhammer and warhammer 40k, what armies do you play?