Recent carp on runescape.

Long post, but please at least attempt to read or scan through this and give feedback.

I have absolutely no idea how many of you play/have played runescape on these forums and I did a search and couldn't find this posted before. You all know runescape, either as "that n00bish MMO from hell" or as "A half-decent game that will actually run on your PC".

Even if you don't play runescape please consider checking out http://www.runescape.com/ and check some of the more recent updates. The "carp" I am referring to are these updates. In short they stop us from:

1. PKing, or playerkilling for other's items, in the wilderness (the one unique thing runescape offered in many peoples opinion). This was pretty much the first annoying update.

2. Free trading, merchanting, skilling (law running quickly or powerfletching), a ruined economy thanks to the grand exchange, and staking. Many of these are the fastest ways to gain money in runescape.

There have been many protests, notably world 66 falador on 10/12/07. If you search "RIP Runescape" or "No PK no play" on youtube you should find videos (look for Pikachao, I was there helping!).

Although many of you may dislike or not play runescape I very much discourage you from writing "Y0U 5UCK N00b!" or similar, if you don't have anything to say, don't say anything.

We all feel that these updates have affected, if not killed, runescape. We think that Jagex do not have the right to destroy a game they charge us for and over 1/8 of the player base have destroyed their accounts totally as protest, and over 1/3 have stopped playing as a result.

I would very much like to hear your feelings about this game and what Jagex have done to it. I realise this is a long post so thanks for reading.

People against Jagex that quit

People annoyed about the updates that still play

Pikachao - level 75

People who like the updates ( O.O )

Thanks for your time,

~S. Pikachao~
I just didn't post it until now. I knew at the time. Anyways the trading thing only counts after 12 tonight. Bye powerfletching! =(

Really constructive post by the way.
I stopped reading after I read the bold.

Maplestory plz
lol just woodcut yourself? i mean it's not that big of a deal. at the time i played my main had enough woodcutting to be self-sustainable for fletching.

lmfao when i first heard the updates members were quitting left and right
Surfingpikachao Wrote:Really constructive post by the way.

You're hardly one to talk about constructive posts, Mr. Dead Topic Reviver.

Serious
Roan Wrote:

:\

do you want some reindeer with that slay???
bugturtles Wrote:
Roan Wrote:

what the carp is that even supposed to mean?

are you trying to be a /b/tard or something?
anyway, yeah i heard about this.

so... whats left to do in Runescape?
bugturtles Wrote:
Roan Wrote:

hahahahaha what the carp man
Artie Wrote:anyway, yeah i heard about this.

when i played this game in grade 5 i remember pking as being the bomb.
so there's really not much left in the game.
Artie Wrote:
bugturtles Wrote:
Roan Wrote:

what the carp is that even supposed to mean?

are you trying to be a /b/tard or something?

I in all honestly do not like or lurk on /b/. =/

Artie Wrote:anyway, yeah i heard about this.

Playerkilling has been replaced by something called "Bounty Hunter", where you go in a designated area in the Wilderness. You have a target, someone you need to kill in this area. If you kill the target, you get a reward. However, you CAN kill people who aren't your target.

It's hard to find your target when the area is large and other people will come up to you at any moment- there is not a tiered system as the Wilderness, where a given range of levels can fight each other (ex. my combat level 22 has been attacked by a combat level 55, which is not possible in low level Wilderness).

Duel Arena is free to everyone now and allows someone to bet or stake gold to the match. If they win, they win their opponent's bet and vice versa.
Runescape got carp when the did the Wilderness Ditch, thats when I was finished with the game, Jagex didn't know when to stop with the Updates, they've made the game so 5 year Old kids can play it, they dumbed it down too much.
I can't believe people are still playing that
Ah yes, Runescape...as a former level 31, take it from me. Jagex has NEVER given a carp about what the consumer wants. Don't take this personally, but this is a strike that just won't work. (Unlike the writer's strike...Pinching_eyes)
People still play runescape? D:

Has it improved at all from what it was 6ish years ago?
Who EVER played Runescape? A ton of people at my school used to play it a long time ago and it looked really crude.
Kei Wrote:Who EVER played Runescape? A ton of people at my school used to play it a long time ago and it looked really crude.

lol irony
Kei Wrote:Who EVER played Runescape? A ton of people at my school used to play it a long time ago and it looked really crude.

Millions do.Chocked