Recent Games Played [Commentary is mandatory]

(Jan. 07, 2009  11:40 PM)NoMoreHeroes Wrote: Blue Dragon
Lost Oddysey

Blue Dragon is just very horridly generic.
Lost Oddysey's story thus far has been very "WTF?" and hasn't done much new either.

Both of these games are fairly standard JRPGs -- neither of them were lauded for doing anything new so I don't really see why you're surprised.
(Jan. 07, 2009  11:41 PM)SexyMichael Wrote: Brawl

I'm getting carp sexy with Diddy

play meee play meeee
What happened to "HURRR I DON'T NEED TO PLAY ONLINE I HAVE FRIENDS IRL"? Serious
(Jan. 08, 2009  1:49 AM)Roan Wrote: What happened to "HURRR I DON'T NEED TO PLAY ONLINE I HAVE FRIENDS IRL"? Serious

but this is the wii so now that criticism is invalfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Fallout 3
[Image: FO3Achievements.png]
Give me my DLC Bethesda, I need new content to play with. Unhappy
(Jan. 08, 2009  3:15 AM)Crimson Wrote: Fallout 3
[Image: FO3Achievements.png]
Give me my DLC Bethesda, I need new content to play with. Unhappy

hahahaha niiiice

Also, good to see you back. Smile
Hmm? I certainly don't need to play M. It's a nice addition, but its not the reason I bought the Wii (great party game system, very pick up and play friendly, great atmosphere playing with it). Me and M have been talking about playing each other for a long time, but we've never got the chance. Just reminding him incase he's still up for it, we haven't talked for ages. =/. I certainly don't need to go on WiFi and play him, we've theorybrawled a bit and hey if it's there why not take advantage of it. It's free, and there's no hassle for me to play him for it. If I had to pay an extra 50 a year to play Brawl, MKWii, etc online, no thanks, I'm fine.

I don't need live because the 360 provides the same party atmosphere than with it. What caused me to pick it up was definitely that Rock Band deal, Lips, and analog control of Madden and the 2k sports series. With all my friends having the 360 guitars and drumsets, it's a no brainer for me to have those people as backups incase mine breaks. I don't see the need to pay 50 for things like online matchmaking, online co-op, chat, paid DLC, etc, that's unnecessary (and even less necessary considering the last game I played to completion on a "story mode"was Pokemon Pearl, and even then, it was Elite 4 completion, not Pokedex completetion).

If I wanted to play with friends online, I'd go for an MMO with some sort of chat system.

Recent game played: NBA 09 Dynasty Mode
(Jan. 08, 2009  3:47 AM)FFX Wrote: and even less necessary considering the last game I played to completion on a "story mode"was Pokemon Pearl

yeah you're not allowed to talk about video games anymore
Serious

Anyways,

- Motorstorm: Pacific Rift demo

Seems to be basically the same as what the original Motorstorm was, but I never owned it, so I wouldn't know if anything has been added. I'm considering buying it.
(Jan. 08, 2009  3:50 AM)Roan Wrote: Words
Effort?
(Jan. 08, 2009  3:52 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2009  3:47 AM)FFX Wrote: and even less necessary considering the last game I played to completion on a "story mode"was Pokemon Pearl

yeah you're not allowed to talk about video games anymore

Serious
hey hey hey

it is only one girl i can't talk to
(Jan. 08, 2009  5:03 AM)Kei Wrote: Serious

Anyways,

- Motorstorm: Pacific Rift demo

Seems to be basically the same as what the original Motorstorm was, but I never owned it, so I wouldn't know if anything has been added. I'm considering buying it.

Grin
btw Rain God Spires is actually one of the more simple tracks in PR, there are 15 others.Neogaf official thread has lost of information to help make you mind up.
more Assassin's Creed, its beginning to pick up. I wish the combat was more precise, seems like buttons work sometimes and not others. but actually its still minor issue. also i wish ther was a bow or longer range weapon than knives.

it reminds me of MGS at certain times
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for all.

Dammit I want the other two games, the DL-6 case in the first one is made of win, whereas the last case in JFA is like "ARRRRRRGGGH!" having to defend someone whos fkn grade A guilty.
Apollo Justice fails though.
(Jan. 08, 2009  6:02 AM)Sam Wrote: [Image: atxjr8.jpg]

Up for an "Annual" achievement run sometime? Well, when I get my 360 back that is... There'll be a lot of dying, but it should be fun Grin
I've been trying to get Ryan and Artie to do it with me and we need four so hellz yeah!
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe

I really enjoyed it gameplay wise, the Story was so-so and the lack of unlockables is dissapointing. Im spewing that they didn't add in Johnny Cage, Reptile, Mileena and Kung Lao, but they add Jax who is probably the lamest Good guy characters. The gameplay is great, the new system destroys the other 3D-MK Games, the Free-Fall combat is awesome and same goes for the Test your might feature, the Fighting is easy to learn but hard to master its free flowing and isn't resticted like you'd see in Deadly Alliance ect...
(Jan. 08, 2009  10:54 PM)KoD Wrote:

Up for an "Annual" achievement run sometime? Well, when I get my 360 back that is... There'll be a lot of dying, but it should be fun Grin

do you get anything for beating it?
Final Fantasy IV for DS.
(Jan. 09, 2009  9:49 PM)Guitar_Legend Wrote:

when you get all the "vidmaster achievements" (4 in halo 3; 3 in halo 3: odst) you get recon armor
(Jan. 10, 2009  12:52 AM)Sam Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2009  9:49 PM)Guitar_Legend Wrote:

when you get all the "vidmaster achievements" (4 in halo 3; 3 in halo 3: odst) you get recon armor

Yup, you can read about it here: http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/reconclarification.html

I guess Bungie got tired of all the people asking for Recon armor. Current Recon armor owners also get harassed all the time for it, some even get their accounts hacked because of it...

I'm hyped for an Annual run though, I've never played 4-player co-op in Halo 3's Campaign. Should be lots of fun.
I liked these Vidmaster Challenge achievements. They're simple and/or fun to do and there's no bad effect on matchmaking with people playing solely to get them like it happens with achievements such as Two-for-One or Overkill. I mean the "anybody wanna do achievements" guys and people who take a Mongoose in a BTB Avalanche Heavies match to try to get a Splatter Spree, etc...lol
Also, I'm curious as to how they're gonna make getting the skulls in the new maps a significant challenge without breaking the map. I wonder if the skull is always going to be there, even in matchmaking.