Reasons we should sing praises to Hasbro.

@ Extic: So complain > praise because of one thing out of multitudes?
It's not exactly blind praise.
Chances are I will not respond to anymore of your posts within this thread.
I mean this little squabble should probably end if nothing good is coming out of it.
I like Dir en grey a lot, but I think Kyo's recent hairstyle is not one of his best, and I do not appreciate the fact that they seem to avoid Montréal most of the time.

Seriously, I hope no debate will be started here too : for almost every matter on this planet and in the universe, both good and bad points can be brought forth, and I personally find it wrong to only focus on either side. For me, the glass is always both half full and half empty, not only either one.

So, I strongly believe that everybody who will stand only on one side is wrong, and while it is appreciable that this topic has made some people realise good points about Hasbro, it is also right to keep in mind the flaws.

EDIT : I propose a truce, and we mix both topics together.
without hasbro, none of us would ever have discovered bey and be enjoying it right now

true / false
(Aug. 20, 2010  3:08 AM)Kai-V Wrote: So, I strongly believe that everybody who will stand only on one side is wrong, and while it is appreciable that this topic has made some people realise good points about Hasbro, it is also right to keep in mind the flaws.

Which is exactly what I've been saying. Crying

Will you be insulted for saying it, though?
That's quite the post you have there..
Extic, if that was the point you were trying to convey, than I agree. I somehow doubt it though, and if you genuinely were trying to say that you were not very successful in communicating it.

I agree Hasbro has flaws, but it's safe to say they have done more good than bad.
They could have just not picked up beyblade all together, and that alone I think overwhelms any reasons an individual may bring forth as to why "Hasbro Sucks".

EDIT:
(Aug. 20, 2010  3:13 AM)♥ Wrote: without hasbro, none of us would ever have discovered bey and be enjoying it right now

true / false
Exactly. This is true for an extreme majority of the forum.
(Aug. 20, 2010  3:14 AM)Dan Wrote: That's quite the post you have there..

Yeah.... however, I don't know if it would make any sense if I weren't showing what I was referring to with each part...... Pinching_eyes

Sorry if that was disruptive? :\

Yeah, McFrown, I wasn't trying to say that anyone should be saying Hasbro sucks, just that you made complaining seem wrong.
(Aug. 20, 2010  3:13 AM)♥ Wrote: without hasbro, none of us would ever have discovered bey and be enjoying it right now

true / false

I'd say true for about 90% of us.

There's still a small number of us that would have watched the anime anyways though, I think.
(Aug. 20, 2010  3:18 AM)Corey Wrote:

true / false

I'd say true for about 90% of us.

There's still a small number of us that would have watched the anime anyways though, I think.

But the anime wouldn't have come here if Hasbro hadn't picked up the toyline?
(Aug. 20, 2010  3:18 AM)Marco Wrote: I'll post my edit here so people actually read it. Also Kai-V Hasbro does have their reasons. Here in North America people sue others for the dumbest reasons, my mom slipped in Wal-Mart and they spent half an hour saying sorry don't sue us... We are on this earth to love each other, and if you don't like something then don't just complain, do something about it. It's easy to talk but when it comes to backing it up no one does. Extic said it himself, he's to lazy to go send a complaint, then you have no right to be criticizing my friend, know your place. Extic, complaining without doing anything about it is exactly what spoiled brats do.
Hm, I think you know that we have really tried communicating with Hasbro in all possible ways throughout the years, and they simply do not listen, or they listen but reject anyway without telling us.

Furthermore, considering you could easily drown in a Hasbro Beystadium, yet that they clearly warn users that Beyblades could fly out at any moment, in my opinion there is something odd about the security mechanisms ... Also, I have never seen any Japanese get hurt or complain to have gotten hurt by a Beyblade that was sent away from the Stadium, and the fences work well too.

Hasbro's measures have also not stopped people from posting even on this board that they have gotten hit almost everywhere on their body with knocked out Beyblades even years ago.
People could sue them if a potential safety hazard even existed.
Hasbro not listening to us is also understandable, they are a large company.
(Aug. 20, 2010  3:26 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: People could sue them if a potential safety hazard even existed.

I get responses whenever I contact them through their customer support e-mail....It just doesn't make a difference.

Last time I tried to explain to them the stadium problem, mold differentials, tournament setups and the works...and they told me (paraphrasing) that they basically choose random work sites across the country to have them test out beyblades to make sure they work and everything -- so basically the people testing them and giving feedback to developers are people in their 30s and up who most likely have absolutely no interest in the hobby.
(Aug. 20, 2010  3:26 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: People could sue them if a potential safety hazard even existed.
If we look at MEGA Brands' toys, there are several safety hazards in things such as Hasbro's Beystadiums. I believe MEGA has been sued so much that they now take extra precautions that seem exaggerated, but that could potentially be useful.

That was not my point. I was telling Marco that we have been acting, trying to complain to them, which he wrote we did not.

I really think somebody needs to sue them now.
The Japanese stadiums with the fences are much safer then Hasbro's stadiums, for one. Pinching_eyes
I mean, I've never seen a blade fly high enough that it would be able to leap over one of those fences. :\
I once saw something about their playtesting somewhere...
I forgot though : <
There's flaws in the Attack Stadium.
We don't give TT grief over it, even though it costs anywhere from $30-$60 to get one.
Yo, why is everybody ignoring my proposal of truce. The ideal is to both 'praise', and 'complain'.
Although I do like that idea, I think the benefits of Hasbro far outweigh the cons, so I'm gonna lean more towards the praise side, but everyone is free to have their opinion I guess.
(Aug. 20, 2010  3:43 AM)Marco Wrote: Although I do like that idea, I think the benefits of Hasbro far outweigh the cons, so I'm gonna lean more towards the praise side, but everyone is free to have their opinion I guess.
As long as you acknowledge that Hasbro's participation in Beyblade is both good and bad, the distribution (percentage) of those categories is entirely up to you, and it will be a cool opinion in that sense.

We do not have to fight about it if we all agree on this, hah. We could simply have a topic where each person gives their aforementioned 'cool opinion', and there is no debate to be done. I have the impression that some people are completely on one side and will destroy anybody who is too much on the other side.
(Aug. 20, 2010  3:40 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Yo, why is everybody ignoring my proposal of truce. The ideal is to both 'praise', and 'complain'.

I already have stated they do some things wrong (Stadiums Wolborg 1 Metal Driger), but it's quite clear the pluses outweight the minuses.
(Aug. 20, 2010  3:49 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: I already have stated they do some things wrong (Stadiums Wolborg 1 Metal Driger), but it's quite clear the pluses outweight the minuses.
Cool. That is your 'cool opinion'.

At some points in this 'conversation', I got the serious impression that nobody had a real 'cool opinion'. For instance, Marco, you were trying to defend Hasbro's Beystadiums with safety reasons as if to say Hasbro had still made a good decision with Beystadiums, that it was not bad, but I think you can agree that they could have been much better, and in that sense also, my 'cool opinion', and that of many others, is that the bad side defeats the good one on the topic of Beystadiums, which if you also believe, got lost in the debate.
If the product is flawed don't buy it.
It's easy.

EDIT: Posts above now gone, this is now irrelevant.
I think this has topic lost its meaning.
Seriously, if you don't like the products don't buy it, you are not being forced. Anyways there are always alternatives, like online...
IMO, Hasbro has been doing a great job. Like Mc Frown posted, they have made it easier for us to purchase beys at a lower price compared to importing a bey. If you know the stadiums are bad, save you money and get a stadium online...