Random Thoughts 2: ok, more like misc. thoughts

(Jan. 11, 2009  7:07 PM)Rocky Wrote: Sounds better than in England. Unhappy As far as I know the only anime available in the UK is Naruto, Tokyo Mew Mew, Beyblade, Pokémon, Bakugan and Dinosaur King. And there all on the kids channels on Sky (which I don't have).
I think AnimeTV used to have Bleach, Cowboy Bebop and GITS but it's closed down now. They supposedly moved everything from there on to a new channel called Showcase TV but I haven't seen much out of that.

Well, with you guys it makes somewhat sense. Your fanbase is much smaller (I remember hearing about a DVD series in the UK that sold like two to three digit figures, not good), and your companies often wait until a company liscene stuff in North America. But in Canada, we're the US's neighbour, their companies sells their stuff in our country directly. So it stings when the US gets a lot more stuff then us.

But, hey you guys actually get DVDs for MAR, Blue Dragon (Ugh), and other Viz series.

(Jan. 11, 2009  7:21 PM)Rocky Wrote: We might have DBZ. I don't have Sky myself so I'm not completely up to date. The only anime I can get on freeview is Pokémon. And only every now and then. And sometimes Film 4 shows Ghibli films. That is all. ;_;

Two Ghilbi movies have aired in Canada, Spirited Away, and Princess Monoke. Spirited Away had over 30 Minutes edited out, despite Miyazaki's plea for no one to touch his work.
(Jan. 11, 2009  7:37 PM)Pichuscute Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2009  7:17 PM)bugturtles Wrote: i want cartoon network to bring back some dbz and looney tunes and space ghost coast to coast

these new-generation cartoons are horrible

Seriously, I'm really getting bored of TV.

I feel so bad for the kids now...the new cartoons are soo crappy. I can't even watch them. And sadly they removed a lot of the older, good ones.
(Jan. 11, 2009  7:43 PM)NoMoreHeroes Wrote: Well, with you guys it makes somewhat sense. Your fanbase is much smaller (I remember hearing about a DVD series in the UK that sold like two to three digit figures, not good), and your companies often wait until a company liscene stuff in North America. But in Canada, we're the US's neighbour, their companies sells their stuff in our country directly. So it stings when the US gets a lot more stuff then us.

But, hey you guys actually get DVDs for MAR, Blue Dragon (Ugh), and other Viz series.

Eh, I guess I can understand that. Still sucks though. I don't really see why you can't get US television though......I mean it's not like theres some big barrier at the border that stops radiowaves or whatnot getting through. Oh, but I guess that's kinda old fasioned thinking being as most people have cable now......Pinching_eyes_2

(Jan. 11, 2009  7:43 PM)NoMoreHeroes Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2009  7:21 PM)Rocky Wrote: We might have DBZ. I don't have Sky myself so I'm not completely up to date. The only anime I can get on freeview is Pokémon. And only every now and then. And sometimes Film 4 shows Ghibli films. That is all. ;_;

Two Ghilbi movies have aired in Canada, Spirited Away, and Princess Monoke. Spirited Away had over 30 Minutes edited out, despite Miyazaki's plea for no one to touch his work.

Thats insane! There is nothing that needs editing out in that film. That's just stupid. Angry Poor Miyazaki. Unhappy
There is a government body that is very protectionist and wants Canadian services to succeed so they often don't allow American compeitition. No one can stop over the air, but the stuff that is over the air in most regions are not great visualy, and since they are networks (Like the BBC, and ITV or something...) so most of their programming appears on Canadian channels. So kind of "Why do we need them for then?" things.

Also, Spirited Away was edited because it was placed in a very tight timeslot. It was done by the CBC (who co-funds stuff like Dr.Who, and used to co-fund Torchwood) who edited all over, so the film hardly made any logical sense. I'd seen the film before but even when I was watched it on the CBC I was like "Wah?" in regards to what was happening.
Not continuing from previous conversation but oh carp I'm an idiot. I just forgot I had boobs. I was rather confused for a minute. @_@
It would be so awesome to go to Japan...I really wish I could go. <3
(Jan. 11, 2009  8:27 PM)Rocky Wrote: Not continuing from previous conversation but oh carp I'm an idiot. I just forgot I had boobs. I was rather confused for a minute. @_@

Andrew
I just spent like an hour digging my car out of the ridiculous amount of snow we got last night.

Ugggh carp Michigan. carp Winter.
Couldn't you have like thrown hot water on it or something? D:
(Jan. 11, 2009  8:44 PM)Roan Wrote: carp Winter.

carp winter, carp snow, I hate it!
(Jan. 11, 2009  8:46 PM)Rocky Wrote: Couldn't you have like thrown hot water on it or something? D:

If he did that and the hot water went on any of the windows, it'll crack.
I hate the winter/snow/cold, too. I only like snow days =P.
(Jan. 11, 2009  10:57 PM)Revolution fire Wrote: i love the old

I suppose it is good that you respect the elderly.
anyone on OS X know of any itunes alternatives? for some reason itunes hates my of montreal songs and is making them act up
(Jan. 11, 2009  9:02 PM)Dreamborn Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2009  8:46 PM)Rocky Wrote: Couldn't you have like thrown hot water on it or something? D:

If he did that and the hot water went on any of the windows, it'll crack.

Well, I guess you'd have to be careful.
Still, theres so much negativity here. Unhappy I love the snow! Smile
I'm a very negative person =P.
(Jan. 12, 2009  12:03 AM)Aqua_24 Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fWzXNhfoQ8&feature=related

ROFL!! I almost died laughing. This guy's an idiot.

i was expecting the balloon to fly around his room and smash carp or for him to start flipping out or something

this was unfunny and mostly just awkward
It might've been okay if it weren't for the stupid voiceover that made it sound incredibly fake. And the guys hairstyle.
(Jan. 12, 2009  12:08 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: this was unfunny and mostly just awkward
Everyone has a different sense of humor but I agree it was awkward at some parts.
Brr... Extreme Cold Weather Alert...
McDaniels is the new Broncos coach..I hope he finds a good DC and makes Cutler into a superstar..
I'm so bored. Anyone wanna chat on msn messenger? My e-mail is icemaninfort@msn.com.