Random Thoughts 2: ok, more like misc. thoughts

I'm not saying that a light magically turns on when some one turns 18, but in addition to better driving programs, raising the legal age could definitely help get these numbers down.

I know it would piss off a lot of teens, but if it helps them live longer lives, I really don't see having them wait a couple years longer to drive as a bad move.
Well I disagree with both of your assertions, and I do feel that the current system is adequate (and I emphasize adequate) because I have been through it. I do not believe that waiting two years will affect any driver with reckless ambitions in their driving habits.

I find it hilarious that the United States has this fetish for just increasing the age limit when there are issues with the current system. The fact that someone can go off to war and can die but still cannot drink alcohol is ludicrous.
(Dec. 29, 2008  6:56 PM)Artie Wrote: The fact that someone can go off to war and can die but still cannot drink alcohol is ludicrous.

I agree with this.
(Dec. 29, 2008  6:56 PM)Artie Wrote: Well I disagree with both of your assertions because I have been through it. I do not believe that waiting two years will affect any driver with reckless ambitions in their driving habits.

Not everyone is as mature as you Artie. Smile
(Dec. 29, 2008  6:59 PM)Synesthesia Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2008  6:56 PM)Artie Wrote: The fact that someone can go off to war and can die but still cannot drink alcohol is ludicrous.

I agree with this.

Ditto. But I think the probem with that is more to do with the first part than the second......
I got my license as soon as I possibly could. It was also through this process that I found out I needed glasses (at least, to a serious degree). At first, I could easily say that I wasn't overly responsible. If I had other people in the car with me, I would drive carefully, but until I got pulled over a couple of times, on my own I drove ludicrously fast (thankfully I have good reaction speed).

I started out with driving an SUV (a Highlander) - so I got hard mode. After eight years though, I could say I'm a whiz behind the wheel. This is a good thing as I live downtown and I have to commute out of there each day - and despite how conservative you drive, you need to have some degree of aggression in order to successfully drive in a downtown area.

What Artie's saying is definitely true for some avenues of life, but not necessarily true for driving. There are definitely factors that are external to a person that can affect how you perform behind the wheel. When you're younger, you don't feel like you have a lot to lose and be responsible for like when you do when you're older - relatively speaking. I'll guarantee you that - in general - a woman who has an infant and is a first time driver will not try to be reckless on the road when compared to a young girl who just wants to meet up with her friends on time for some social event. There are still those oddballs now and then, though.

With regard to being able to go off to war, it's kind of a situation that solved itself for the betterment of the government. As I mentioned before, when you age, you feel like you have more to live for, so you're less likely to join the military. Moreover, when you're older you tend to become more educated - and more educated people want higher, better positions. There are very limited positions like that in the military ("too many people want to be heroes, and not soldiers"). Therefore, being able to enlist at that age and with that amount of education allows those people to have the means to make a living, and keeps the forces of the nation stocked.

In the end, regulations are the way they are because too many bad eggs spoil the omelet that is society. As such, you try to find that sweet spot that minimizes the detriment to society, while not being too restrictive at the same time. It's not perfect, but it's the best we've got so far.
Crashes and high insurance are the best way to weed out bad drivers.

I was on hard mode too (old minivan), and haven't been pulled over yet.
(Dec. 29, 2008  7:48 PM)FFX Wrote: Crashes and high insurance are the best way to weed out bad drivers.

what the carp?
Is something wrong Synesthesia? I'm confused as to why that would illicit a WTF from you.
I just don't think crashes are the best way to weed out bad drivers :\
http://jisuk.livejournal.com/409015.html

Holy carp you all need to read this, I have never laughed this hard at anything on the internet, Jesus.

Twilight lovers need not apply. Actually, carp you, go read it so you can see the trash you're polluting your brain with for what it really is.
ROAN YOU HAVE carp MADE MY DAY AND I HAVEN'T EVEN FINISHED IT YET. XD
*runs off to read the rest*
(Dec. 29, 2008  9:33 PM)Synesthesia Wrote: I just don't think crashes are the best way to weed out bad drivers :\

Oh I see. Sorry about that then. I can see how that could be a bit insensitive.
[Image: 56002823e1977f6cj3.jpg]

You'll never be scared of the dark if you've got Edward to light up the room with his incandescence.
(Dec. 29, 2008  9:38 PM)Roan Wrote: http://jisuk.livejournal.com/409015.html

Holy carp you all need to read this, I have never laughed this hard at anything on the internet, Jesus.

Twilight lovers need not apply. Actually, carp you, go read it so you can see the trash you're polluting your brain with for what it really is.
I literally laughed out loud.

I'm more tempted to read this carp then ever now.
(Dec. 29, 2008  9:44 PM)FFX Wrote: Oh I see. Sorry about that then. I can see how that could be a bit insensitive.

no problem Smile
(Dec. 29, 2008  9:47 PM)Ominous Wrote: [Image: 56002823e1977f6cj3.jpg]

You'll never be scared of the dark if you've got Edward to light up the room with his incandescence.

carp please, his face is so flat that it looks like someone hit him with a shovel.
"When you read the book," says Pattinson, looking appropriately pallid and interesting even without makeup, "it's like, 'Edward Cullen was so beautiful I creamed myself.' I mean, every line is like that. He's the most ridiculous person who's so amazing at everything. I think a lot of actors tried to play that aspect. I just couldn't do that. And the more I read the script, the more I hated this guy, so that's how I played him, as a manic-depressive who hates himself. Plus, he's a 108-year-old virgin so he's obviously got some issues there."

I like Pattinson for fact he isn't stupid enough to believe he's playing more then a two-dimensional piece of eye-candy for love lacking 15 year old girls.
(Dec. 29, 2008  6:08 PM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: just like to say that on the way here I almost died because air canada blows.

so if i stop posting after tomorrow its because I died flying home.

air canada blows
dad said that i can get a job as soon as i make b's or higher in all of my classes (i have 77-80 in 3/4 of my classes, with ROTC at an 89 [mainly due to nitpicks on uniform inspections])

hopefully i'll be able to get enough money for both a car and competitive minibike racing Smile
$50 christmas bonus mothafuckaaaaaaaaaaaaa
(Dec. 30, 2008  2:06 AM)Artie Wrote: $50 christmas bonus mothafuckaaaaaaaaaaaaa

my christmas bonus was my job essentially laying me off

how am i supposed to buy spinning tops now!?
i just said "i carp hate old people" relatively loud after this old carp called and bitched about her meds (she's called like five times)

whoops
(Dec. 30, 2008  2:08 AM)Artie Wrote: i just said "i carp hate old people" relatively loud after this old carp called and bitched about her meds (she's called like five times)

whoops

i honestly, unironically dislike old people
i sell them bags that they poop in

i guarantee you i hate them more
(Dec. 29, 2008  9:38 PM)Roan Wrote: http://jisuk.livejournal.com/409015.html

i don't know whats more pathetic: twilight or the fact that this pretentious, probably otaku LJ user felt the need to incessantly cuss out an adolescent book

gg "jjusk"