Random Thoughts 2: ok, more like misc. thoughts

sometimes the thing that really gets to me is the hypocrisy. in the younger years, it's drilled into our heards that manners are important, which i agree with. Last time i remember though, i held a door open for a teacher, and he gave me the dirtiest look ever, as if thinking "eurgh some student is within my grand presence". Practice watch you preach y'know?
(Oct. 09, 2008  6:57 PM)Evan Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2008  6:47 PM)Gravity Fox Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2008  6:19 PM)Gekiryu Wrote: It's as though they're punishing you for something that is beyond your control.

Some teachers are incredibly bitter. It's as if they have an innate loathing of all teenagers. During my last year of school, i had a teacher whose son was a complete burnout. She now despises all male students. Schools are a sucky place to be most of the time, unless you're at the top of the social ladder.

It makes me mad how most adults even loathe teenagers. They believe we are all pot smoking vandals. Pinching_eyes It makes me so mad, they treat us with little respect when we HAVE to treat them with a lot of respect. Especially vice-principles, or most people at school. The only adult I like to talk to at school is my student relations counselor.

Don't get me started on Old people.
One woman really irked me on the bus to college last week.
Absolutely pouring with rain and all she had to do was move to another seat to let a pushchair on, Wouldnt do it.
Next stop, she gets off.
I was thinking "You complete tosser" Because then that poor woman had to wait another 20 minutes with a child in the rain for another bus.
That and when you give up your seat they never say thanks and regard you with evils.
Quote:Don't get me started on Old people.
One woman really irked me on the bus to college last week.
Absolutely pouring with rain and all she had to do was move to another seat to let a pushchair on, Wouldnt do it.
Next stop, she gets off.
I was thinking "You complete tosser" Because then that poor woman had to wait another 20 minutes with a child in the rain for another bus.
That and when you give up your seat they never say thanks and regard you with evils.

An old person once looked at me, got scared, and crossed the road.

I was INCREDIBLY tempted to shout "HEY, I'M NOT REALLY SCARY!" to her. xD
(Oct. 09, 2008  7:05 PM)Gravity Fox Wrote: sometimes the thing that really gets to me is the hypocrisy. in the younger years, it's drilled into our heards that manners are important, which i agree with. Last time i remember though, i held a door open for a teacher, and he gave me the dirtiest look ever, as if thinking "eurgh some student is within my grand presence". Practice watch you preach y'know?

Exactly! I have always thought about this. It irks me so much, beyond comprehension. They have no right to treat another human being that way.

On the other hand, there are good teachers. Usually young ones, they understand youths better. My chemistry teacher is 28 years old, and one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.
Can anyone recommend me a video editing software that will let me edit lots of DivX encoded AVIs?

Windows Movie Maker is being stupid. =S
(Oct. 09, 2008  7:46 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote: Can anyone recommend me a video editing software that will let me edit lots of DivX encoded AVIs?

I'd like to know as well Pinching_eyes I've been trying to use Blaze Media Pro...but it doesn't like most AVI codecs.
(Oct. 09, 2008  7:46 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote: Can anyone recommend me a video editing software that will let me edit lots of DivX encoded AVIs?

I've not tried these, so it's not really a expert recommendation lol, but they might hopefully help:
http://www.wareprise.com/2006/07/29/free...downloads/
(Oct. 09, 2008  7:53 PM)Gravity Fox Wrote:

I've not tried these, so it's not really a expert recommendation lol, but they might hopefully help:
http://www.wareprise.com/2006/07/29/free...downloads/

I tried AVS, didn't care for it Pinching_eyes And Jahshacka
Trying Jahshaka now, hope it'll take the DivX encoded AVIs. Nothing seems to work so far except playing it in windows media player. Pinching_eyes_2
(Oct. 09, 2008  8:37 PM)Raikun Wrote: just unencode them using virtualdub? Smile

About to try that.
(Oct. 09, 2008  6:19 PM)Gekiryu Wrote: Being ill isn't his fault.
Schools carp and moan at people for not turning up even if they're ill then carp and moan that you're disrupting class when you do make the effort to turn up.
It's as though they're punishing you for something that is beyond your control.

He was sent out of class to the nurse because his coughing was disrupting the class. How is this punishment? If he was sick, he shouldn't have attended class in the first place, and should have excused himself if he was constantly coughing.

Sorry, but sometimes you have to take responsibility for your own condition.
(Oct. 10, 2008  3:01 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2008  6:19 PM)Gekiryu Wrote: Being ill isn't his fault.
Schools carp and moan at people for not turning up even if they're ill then carp and moan that you're disrupting class when you do make the effort to turn up.
It's as though they're punishing you for something that is beyond your control.

He was sent out of class to the nurse because his coughing was disrupting the class. How is this punishment? If he was sick, he shouldn't have attended class in the first place, and should have excused himself if he was constantly coughing.

Sorry, but sometimes you have to take responsibility for your own condition.

I'd prefer if you didn't speak for me. I was taken out of class as a punishment. Yes I am horribly ill, but I tried going to school to get caught up. The teacher did have a threatening tone in his voice, as if he was handing out punishment.
(Oct. 10, 2008  3:47 AM)Evan Wrote: I'd prefer if you didn't speak for me. I was taken out of class as a punishment. Yes I am horribly ill, but I tried going to school to get caught up. The teacher did have a threatening tone in his voice, as if he was handing out punishment.

"As if he was handing out punishment." Were you punished? Was any disciplinary action taken? Because it sounds like you're whining about someone doing something that they were perfectly within their rights to do. I know if I went to work coughing up a storm, I'm sure my boss would be pissed.
(Oct. 09, 2008  6:57 PM)Evan Wrote: It makes me mad how most adults even loathe teenagers. They believe we are all pot smoking vandals. >_< It makes me so mad, they treat us with little respect when we HAVE to treat them with a lot of respect. Especially vice-principles, or most people at school. The only adult I like to talk to at school is my student relations counselor.

You'll get over this once you realize that this is how authority and hierarchy in a professional setting works. Plus, nobody's forcing you to put up with that BS from them. Stand up for yourself (and live with the consequences that will always come with doing what you believe in).
Your whole situation sounds a bit odd, Evan. Were you really kicked out and spoken to by your teacher in a threatening manner? I see no reason for him or her to do so, they could have just asked you politely to see the nurse if you were continuing to cough.
oh wooahh!! i only now found out about Rise Against's new album. must purchase asap
(Oct. 10, 2008  4:17 AM)Kei Wrote: Your whole situation sounds a bit odd, Evan. Were you really kicked out and spoken to by your teacher in a threatening manner? I see no reason for him or her to do so, they could have just asked you politely to see the nurse if you were continuing to cough.

I really don't care, honestly...it just made me mad Brad was talking for me. I needed to go home, end of story.

Gravity Fox, listen to Hero of War on that album, it's great!

Never, ever, ever make any deals with Leo Aggressive/Blader Kenny. He will change his mind all the time, carp and moan about everything, and never be satisfied.
(Oct. 10, 2008  3:08 PM)Evan Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2008  4:17 AM)Kei Wrote: Your whole situation sounds a bit odd, Evan. Were you really kicked out and spoken to by your teacher in a threatening manner? I see no reason for him or her to do so, they could have just asked you politely to see the nurse if you were continuing to cough.

I really don't care, honestly...it just made me mad Brad was talking for me. I needed to go home, end of story.

that's some furious backpedaling but ok
(Oct. 10, 2008  5:34 AM)Gravity Fox Wrote: oh wooahh!! i only now found out about Rise Against's new album. must purchase asap

get out hold the phone! rise against has a new album? whats the title?

also it seems to me evan was just irratable due to him being sick. maby the teacher did have a bit of tone but we tend to be more irratable and over react when we are sick. most deny it but its true lol:-/

i can also see brads point of view, if your sick you shouldnt be in school. and if you do interupt the class, intentonaly or not, the teachers job is to fix it. i mean thats what they get paid for. lol

anyway considering we werent there we cant be shure if the teacher used a bad tone.
(Oct. 10, 2008  3:08 PM)Evan Wrote:

Gravity Fox, listen to Hero of War on that album, it's great!

Never, ever, ever make any deals with Leo Aggressive/Blader Kenny. He will change his mind all the time, carp and moan about everything, and never be satisfied.

The teacher could've been just frustrated that you were inadvertently disrupting his class. A lot of people say things in ways that they don't mean. I shout stuff all of the time without wanting to, it just happens.

(Oct. 10, 2008  10:36 PM)beymasterkai Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2008  5:34 AM)Gravity Fox Wrote: oh wooahh!! i only now found out about Rise Against's new album. must purchase asap

get out hold the phone! rise against has a new album? whats the title?

:pwn: "get out"?

Did you click the wrong smilie, or something?
(Oct. 10, 2008  11:10 PM)Grey Wrote: :pwn: "get out"?

rofl i was thinking the same thing at first, but then maybe it was just something like "get outta town! are you serious?!"

bad example...maybe it really was just a mis-click 0_o
(Oct. 10, 2008  11:13 PM)Gravity Fox Wrote:

rofl i was thinking the same thing at first, but then maybe it was just something like "get outta town! are you seirous?!"

Oh, this would make sense. It's been a while since I've heard someone say "Get out!" for something unbelievable, though. XD
(Oct. 10, 2008  11:16 PM)Grey Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2008  11:13 PM)Gravity Fox Wrote:

rofl i was thinking the same thing at first, but then maybe it was just something like "get outta town! are you seirous?!"

Oh, this would make sense. It's been a while since I've heard someone say "Get out!" for something unbelievable, though. XD

no it was ment for get outta town saying and i saw it so i used it. hey i know its not used much but since the smile was there y not lol XD
lol, i bet he's just going to admit it was a mis-click anytime now.