Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

I honestly wish MFB could get similar treatment as CardFight Vanguard gets. Where someone, such as Crunchyroll or the Funimation channel on Hulu, could release each episode by the week with English subs. Nelvana, who has the rights to the series until it dies, should do something like that. Too bad they're too behind on the times to really try to treat the series better. That and they probably don't think it's worth the money.
Watched whole series of G-Revolution this week. This was the only series of beyblade which I had missed completely...and I liked it a lot....
After watching the last episode... I feel that it should start all over again. The last episode..and the last few moments of Bakuten Shoot Beyblade were really super awesome.
Didn't feel like this warrants a thread just yet, but seeing as how we're coming to the end of the third year of the renewed franchise, I'm a little skeptical now. It's being claimed that the new TV version of Arashi no Yoru ni is going to take Beyblade 8:45 time in April. There's nothing official that I can find, but I've been wondering if anyone else has read about this? It seems like Takara doesn't like letting shows move beyond three years.
Another season was confirmed wasn't it? What is there to be skeptical about?
Then perhaps MFB is getting the half hour slot it deserves. I can't think of any other explanation.
Beyblade plays at 8:30 AM anyway, so perhaps it is B-Daman that is getting moved ...
Er, my fault, I meant 8:30 AM.

The series is going to be a full CGI one and is supposedly taking that spot, so I'm kind of worried that this will be the end of Beyblade yet again. I've got no idea if there's been a fourth year announced. (though I imagine if it was, there would have been posts about it and I can't seem to find any) I didn't figure they would end it so soon after going to 15 minutes per episode.

Here's the quote I found that has me wondering what the deal is:

Quote:2012年4月から現在の枠で『あらしのよるに』の放送が決定したため、本シリーズは放送枠移動または終了する見通し。

Arashi no Yoru ni has been confirmed to start airing in April 2012 during Metal Fight's current time frame. The show (Beyblade) is expected to find a new time frame to air in or will simply end.

Annnd given Takara's history with never keeping a franchise on the air after three consecutive years, I fear we'll be seeing the end of Metal Fight in just a handful of episodes. I can totally see them starting a new trilogy of Beyblade if they do continue the franchise into a fourth consecutive year, shows aimed at younger kids don't seem to stick around with the same cast for longer than a few years.
(Feb. 06, 2012  4:11 AM)Zonder Wrote: The series is going to be a full CGI one and is supposedly taking that spot, so I'm kind of worried that this will be the end of Beyblade yet again. I've got no idea if there's been a fourth year announced. (though I imagine if it was, there would have been posts about it and I can't seem to find any) I didn't figure they would end it so soon after going to 15 minutes per episode.

You should probably read the Bey News forum, because that is where the very important news gets posted about Beyblade ...

Zonder Wrote:Here's the quote I found that has me wondering what the deal is:

Quote:2012年4月から現在の枠で『あらしのよるに』の放送が決定したため、本シリーズは放送枠移動または終了する見通し。

Arashi no Yoru ni has been confirmed to start airing in April 2012 during Metal Fight's current time frame. The show (Beyblade) is expected to find a new time frame to air in or will simply end.

Annnd given Takara's history with never keeping a franchise on the air after three consecutive years, I fear we'll be seeing the end of Metal Fight in just a handful of episodes.

Absolutely no "Beyblade" is mentioned in that quote, by the way. Was the italic text meant to be a translation of the Japanese ? Because it is not.

Bakuten Shoot Beyblade ended because the sales of the toys were really bad. However, Metal Fight Beyblade is still apparently selling very well, while it is the anime this time that has so-so ratings. Still, TAKARA-TOMY is aware that an anime is a huge and great advertisement, so they could not just launch a new series with a new anime, I am quite certain.
Oh wow, sorry, I had no idea there was a subforum in the news area for Beyblade news, I've never gone in there because the description makes it seem like it's strictly site news. (I've just read through that entire thread and it still seems to be really obscure as to what Zero-G is, which is weird with so little time until April, typically the new season in Japan)

I don't think ratings matter too much for a toyetic show, unless it's pulling in well under 1% on a near average basis.

And, no, it's not a translation, I really can't read Kanji too well, it's just something I picked up elsewhere. The initial text comes from JA Wiki, which I tend to trust quite a lot more than the English Wiki simply because it isn't prone to vandalism or false info too often, but I haven't found too mention definite mentions either way, so I wasn't sure what the case was.
There are actually some things that I think I might not trust on any wiki except Beywiki. I cannot remember exactly what, but I do believe that some things were added that were not confirmed.
Just watched the newest episode of MFB. Very poor plot design. Hioma appears, says one line, and is not seen agian. Whats more, it is never explained how Ryuga obtained MLD. An evolution of some kind? And how exactly did Tsubasa get all the way to the EU from Japan? Same with Ryuga...
(Feb. 06, 2012  11:57 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Just watched the newest episode of MFB. Very poor plot design. Hioma appears, says one line, and is not seen agian. Whats more, it is never explained how Ryuga obtained MLD. An evolution of some kind? And how exactly did Tsubasa get all the way to the EU from Japan? Same with Ryuga...

What ? Meteo L Drago is definitely explained, perhaps it just appears in the very next episode. However, I definitely saw it.
Ryuga stated in MLDs 1st battle that he overcame the dark power and trained with LLD in that magma cave, but the episode did not reveal how MLD was formed itself, unless it is explained in a later episode like you said.
Yes, you definitely "see" it later.
Oooooooh, quotation marks! Interesting, thanks Kai-V
I was watching beyblade metal masters episode 17 on youtube by the MasterBeyProduction and i noticed at 4:20 Tsubasa's Earth Eagles spin track looks like TH170 on 220 height dyed black
What's wrong with Beyblade Wiki stating Blader DJ is the same in both Classic Beyblade and Metal Saga? WTF >_> ?
I think they are the same, just a little more enhanced drawings in the metal saga.
Bakuten Shoot Beyblade and Beyblade Metal Saga exist in 2 seperate but parallel universe continuities. Crossovers like Blader DJ exist, but the Blader DJ from the 1st series is actualy unrelated to the one from the 2nd series
(Feb. 08, 2012  12:15 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Bakuten Shoot Beyblade and Beyblade Metal Saga exist in 2 seperate but parallel universe continuities. Crossovers like Blader DJ exist, but the Blader DJ from the 1st series is actualy unrelated to the one from the 2nd series

Although, i remember Ginga being in the same place that appeared in 1st Beyblade Series. Im talking about this one under the bridge, near the water.
That's something that's pretty common in anime. You see those kinds of places pretty often.
Surely there is a place exactly like that in Japan, and anime indeed replicate Japanese scenery a lot.
(Feb. 07, 2012  10:37 PM)Jrx Wrote: What's wrong with Beyblade Wiki stating Blader DJ is the same in both Classic Beyblade and Metal Saga? WTF >_> ?

Basically, it refers to the Blader DJs in general. We've been debating splitting them into two different pages for a while though.
But Jrx wrote that it really stated that they were the same. There is a difference between having one page for both Blader DJ, and actually saying that they are the same.
(Feb. 08, 2012  7:30 PM)Kai-V Wrote: But Jrx wrote that it really stated that they were the same. There is a difference between having one page for both Blader DJ, and actually saying that they are the same.

Agreed. The page "Blader DJ" on the wiki states that "It seems he is still the referee in Metal Saga . Making him the only character to appear in both series."

Well, of course we need to have an announcer for Beyblade that's a sport, but it's not the same one from first Beyblade Saga, lol.