Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

Both Sora and Akatsuki are names in Naruto.
(Dec. 24, 2010  4:54 AM)|Joe| Wrote: Why do so many people like Sora? He has no point in the story and he sucks :X

Because different characters appeal to different people and the fact he said "epic fail" may have helped...
Sora's just a like-able character. There's nothing more to it. :3
no he has smexy hair that's why and hes a nub so hes relatable
(Dec. 24, 2010  6:08 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote: Sora's just a like-able character. There's nothing more to it. :3

Likeable is a word <Off Topic.
Sora is kind of cute, but the only flaw is that he could have been tall as Ginga.
didnt kenny say that tyson and the bladebreakers were unfocused or something?
I know that dragoon didnt come out on purpose because of ozumas blade had an invisible bit beast and dragoon knew because he felt him
(Dec. 24, 2010  4:24 PM)Night Wrote: People like Sora because his name is Sora.

Yerp. Absolute truth. Actually, I was about to name myself Sora, but it was taken... Epic name, epic hair, epic special move.
Hmm, there are a few MFB characters with familiar names.

Kyouya, Ouran Host Club
Tsubasa, from the series of the same name
Sora, Kingdom Hearts (obvious cat is obvious)
Kenta... I was poking around Bey Spirit, and one of old Bey's characters is named this, one of Tyson's fans in the early manga I think.

Watching the MFB dub, it's very strange to me to hear everybody keeping their Japanese names. Are all kids dubs like this nowadays?
(Dec. 25, 2010  12:47 PM)Zii Wrote: Hmm, there are a few MFB characters with familiar names.

And Ryuuga is also one of the many aliases L goes by, in Death Note. Hideki Ryuuga.

Well, some names are bound to be re-used here and there, in the huge world of media XD
when are they going to have a movie in north amrerica
(Dec. 25, 2010  4:07 PM)beycrushers Wrote: when are they going to have a movie in north amrerica

it is unconfirmed, but if there are no advertisements around episode 70 then they should release it before the 3rd season or after... the movie should not be showing in the cinema like japan that's for sure.
Zii Wrote: Watching the MFB dub, it's very strange to me to hear everybody keeping their Japanese names. Are all kids dubs like this nowadays?

Actually it was strange before when they use to ruin good names , nowadays in The Naruto's , the Bleache's it's the same thing , i would also prefer the pokemon real names wouldn't kasumi be gr8 instead of misty

anyway back to planet Bey , i really would have preferred , Takao instead of tyson , but tyson , max , ray ,kai really worked out gr8
Thanks for the reply guys did this happen in the Manga as well?
This belongs in the Random Beyblade Anime & Manga thoughts thread.

* Thread merged.
(Dec. 25, 2010  5:09 PM)NitroNeo89 Wrote: Actually it was strange before when they use to ruin good names , nowadays in The Naruto's , the Bleache's it's the same thing , i would also prefer the pokemon real names wouldn't kasumi be gr8 instead of misty

Well, I grew up in the era when names were pretty much always changed. When Pokemon was new, episodes were always cut & censored to pieces, etc. I'm used to hearing Ash, Brock, Misty etc and those names sit better with me than something like Kasumi would. Same with Tyson/Takao - on the Internet I use the different versions of the name interchangeably, but if I were to talk about Beyblade I would always say Tyson. Because I could probably never get the Japanese pronunciation right Dx

*hobbles on a walking cane*

On that note, how is Ginga pronounced? The dub has it like 'ginger' (hard G) but my mind reads it with a soft G ('game').
In the raw it's Ginga light g
I try to always have an audio clip of the pronunciation of a character's name :
http://www.cybertigeranime.com/bbspirit/....php?Ginga

And really, in English the 'g' in "game" would be 'soft' ? For me it would be exactly the opposite.
(Dec. 26, 2010  3:22 AM)Kai-V Wrote: And really, in English the 'g' in "game" would be 'soft' ? For me it would be exactly the opposite.

http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0903396.html

G in game should be hard... i really got confused onto why them lot were saying the opposite.

EDIT: i dont ever recall learning about it when i was younger but its just common sense.
(Dec. 25, 2010  4:07 PM)beycrushers Wrote: when are they going to have a movie in north amrerica

I think the movie will be released around 2012-13, which is disappointing.
(Dec. 26, 2010  3:50 AM)JÆMS Wrote: http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0903396.html

G in game should be hard... i really got confused onto why them lot were saying the opposite.

EDIT: i dont ever recall learning about it when i was younger but its just common sense.
Ah, now that makes a lot more sense.