Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

Suddenly, Beyblade burst doesn't feel exciting anymore after seeing all the preview images of the new gen.
(May. 17, 2023  9:40 AM)Cath Wrote: Suddenly, Beyblade burst doesn't feel exciting anymore after seeing all the preview images of the new gen.

Same, though it's literally called the new toy syndrome.
(May. 17, 2023  1:53 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(May. 17, 2023  9:40 AM)Cath Wrote: Suddenly, Beyblade burst doesn't feel exciting anymore after seeing all the preview images of the new gen.

Same, though it's literally called the new toy syndrome.

Hey! It's been a while. How you been?
(May. 17, 2023  1:57 PM)Cath Wrote:
(May. 17, 2023  1:53 PM)Limetka Wrote: Same, though it's literally called the new toy syndrome.

Hey! It's been a while. How you been?

Good, thank you. I've just found out that Quadstrike exists, so I'm going to watch that. Is it good?
(May. 17, 2023  2:29 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(May. 17, 2023  1:57 PM)Cath Wrote: Hey! It's been a while. How you been?

Good, thank you. I've just found out that Quadstrike exists, so I'm going to watch that. Is it good?

It had so far to me the best battles but you may wanna consider that yourself
(May. 17, 2023  2:29 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(May. 17, 2023  1:57 PM)Cath Wrote: Hey! It's been a while. How you been?

So far, it's been a solid season. You're gonna like it for sure.
But personally Id say leave it for yourself to decide

For me it's weird because I saw the previewed stuff for the new gen and got alittle more attached to burst. Like don't get me wrong I'm excited for the new series but I still remember watching the final episode of Shogun Steel and seeing the Metal series finish it's run, so seeing it happen again with Burst is bringing back that slight feeling of sadness you get when a series you've been following and enjoy is coming to an end. Gonna miss Burst and it's characters, but it'll still be nice to get a new series after living with burst for over half a decade.
(May. 17, 2023  3:31 PM)ScarletTurbo44 Wrote:

For me it's weird because I saw the previewed stuff for the new gen and got alittle more attached to burst. Like don't get me wrong I'm excited for the new series but I still remember watching the final episode of Shogun Steel and seeing the Metal series finish it's run, so seeing it happen again with Burst is bringing back that slight feeling of sadness you get when a series you've been following and enjoy is coming to an end. Gonna miss Burst and it's characters, but it'll still be nice to get a new series after living with burst for over half a decade.

At least Burst has an actual ending
(May. 18, 2023  12:03 PM)Fanstar123 Wrote:
(May. 17, 2023  3:31 PM)ScarletTurbo44 Wrote: For me it's weird because I saw the previewed stuff for the new gen and got alittle more attached to burst. Like don't get me wrong I'm excited for the new series but I still remember watching the final episode of Shogun Steel and seeing the Metal series finish it's run, so seeing it happen again with Burst is bringing back that slight feeling of sadness you get when a series you've been following and enjoy is coming to an end. Gonna miss Burst and it's characters, but it'll still be nice to get a new series after living with burst for over half a decade.

At least Burst has an actual ending

Actually burst ended with a clifhanger.
I dont wanna cliffhanger. Just good riddance to the burst series
(May. 18, 2023  2:17 PM)RalfBalf Wrote:
(May. 18, 2023  12:03 PM)Fanstar123 Wrote: At least Burst has an actual ending

Actually burst ended with a clifhanger.

Was that just for the anime? Coulda swore Bell won the last battle in the Manga.
At this point this whole burst thing to me has dragged on for to long.
(May. 18, 2023  6:09 PM)BondsofTime Wrote:
(May. 18, 2023  2:17 PM)RalfBalf Wrote: Actually burst ended with a clifhanger.

Was that just for the anime? Coulda swore Bell won the last battle in the Manga.

Yeah, that ruined the manga.
Sooo, apparently there's a new beyblade clone anime? There's a thread for it here on the wbo's off topic forums in the general discussion section. I Just found out about it.

(May. 18, 2023  6:25 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(May. 18, 2023  6:09 PM)BondsofTime Wrote: Was that just for the anime? Coulda swore Bell won the last battle in the Manga.

It really didn't, makes sense for Bell to win at the end of his journey. Plus the Manga was over anyways.
running for 7 years is way to much
(May. 18, 2023  6:25 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(May. 18, 2023  6:09 PM)BondsofTime Wrote: Was that just for the anime? Coulda swore Bell won the last battle in the Manga.

It actually would've ruined the Manga to have Valt win. DB wasn't Valt's time to shine anymore, it was Bell's. You can't end a series with your current MC losing at the end of his journey and this has been the formula with burst since Evolution. A win for Valt would've been for nothing other than fan service that he quite honestly doesn't need anymore of, that cheats Bell out of his deserved ending after all the ups and downs, character developement, ect. that he went through during his story. It would've been a terrible way to end the series seeing Bell lose for the umpteenth time. They did it right by having Bell beat Valt.

(May. 18, 2023  6:46 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: running for 7 years is way to much

Yeah it is, burst had more than enough time to shine. I'm not too crazy about Beyblade X but something new had to emerge.
I am excited for the new Beyblade X I wonder what the story will be I really like the Dransword bey
(May. 18, 2023  7:29 PM)BondsofTime Wrote:
(May. 18, 2023  6:25 PM)g2_ Wrote: Yeah, that ruined the manga.

It actually would've ruined the Manga to have Valt win. DB wasn't Valt's time to shine anymore, it was Bell's. You can't end a series with your current MC losing at the end of his journey and this has been the formula with burst since Evolution. A win for Valt would've been for nothing other than fan service that he quite honestly doesn't need anymore of, that cheats Bell out of his deserved ending after all the ups and downs, character developement, ect. that he went through during his story. It would've been a terrible way to end the series seeing Bell lose for the umpteenth time. They did it right by having Bell beat Valt.

The battle with Valt was unnecessary. Bell had no real rivalry with Valt. His real rivalry was with Rashad. That battle with Valt ultimately did nothing for Bell's character. There was nothing leading to that battle. It just happened. When Bell beat Rashad his story was effectively over. There were so many different ways to end the manga that didn't do either Bell or Valt dirty. I'm glad the anime didn't go in that direction.
(May. 18, 2023  8:53 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(May. 18, 2023  7:29 PM)BondsofTime Wrote: It actually would've ruined the Manga to have Valt win. DB wasn't Valt's time to shine anymore, it was Bell's. You can't end a series with your current MC losing at the end of his journey and this has been the formula with burst since Evolution. A win for Valt would've been for nothing other than fan service that he quite honestly doesn't need anymore of, that cheats Bell out of his deserved ending after all the ups and downs, character developement, ect. that he went through during his story. It would've been a terrible way to end the series seeing Bell lose for the umpteenth time. They did it right by having Bell beat Valt.

The battle with Valt was unnecessary. Bell had no real rivalry with Valt. His real rivalry was with Rashad. That battle with Valt ultimately did nothing for Bell's character. There was nothing leading to that battle. It just happened. When Bell beat Rashad his story was effectively over. There were so many different ways to end the manga that didn't do either Bell or Valt dirty. I'm glad the anime didn't go in that direction.

Look at you, spitting facts as always.
(May. 18, 2023  8:53 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(May. 18, 2023  7:29 PM)BondsofTime Wrote: It actually would've ruined the Manga to have Valt win. DB wasn't Valt's time to shine anymore, it was Bell's. You can't end a series with your current MC losing at the end of his journey and this has been the formula with burst since Evolution. A win for Valt would've been for nothing other than fan service that he quite honestly doesn't need anymore of, that cheats Bell out of his deserved ending after all the ups and downs, character developement, ect. that he went through during his story. It would've been a terrible way to end the series seeing Bell lose for the umpteenth time. They did it right by having Bell beat Valt.

I don't see how Valt losing a battle to Bell at the end of the manga did him dirty. It's not like that loss damaged his reputation, title of legend of legends, or anything like that. I think you guys are just mad that the manga had one last battle for Bell and Valt with Valt losing it, which is fine but doesn't mean Valt was done dirty. 

Yes Bell beating Rashad ended his rivalry with him, however that didn't mean Bell's story was over, it all would've ended there if it was. And whether you consider it necessary or not, The final battle with Valt serves as the end of Bell's story as well as the end of the Series, that battle was meant to symbolize the end of Burst, neither Bell nor Valt was disrespected.
(May. 19, 2023  12:11 AM)BondsofTime Wrote:
(May. 18, 2023  8:53 PM)Admiral W Wrote: The battle with Valt was unnecessary. Bell had no real rivalry with Valt. His real rivalry was with Rashad. That battle with Valt ultimately did nothing for Bell's character. There was nothing leading to that battle. It just happened. When Bell beat Rashad his story was effectively over. There were so many different ways to end the manga that didn't do either Bell or Valt dirty. I'm glad the anime didn't go in that direction.

I don't see how Valt losing a battle to Bell at the end of the manga did him dirty. It's not like that loss damaged his reputation, title of legend of legends, or anything like that. I think you guys are just mad that the manga had one last battle for Bell and Valt with Valt losing it, which is fine but doesn't mean Valt was done dirty. 

Yes Bell beating Rashad ended his rivalry with him, however that didn't mean Bell's story was over, it all would've ended there if it was. And whether you consider it necessary or not, The final battle with Valt serves as the end of Bell's story as well as the end of the Series, that battle was meant to symbolize the end of Burst, neither Bell nor Valt was disrespected.
This. This right here. All fax no printer.
(May. 19, 2023  12:11 AM)BondsofTime Wrote:
(May. 18, 2023  8:53 PM)Admiral W Wrote: The battle with Valt was unnecessary. Bell had no real rivalry with Valt. His real rivalry was with Rashad. That battle with Valt ultimately did nothing for Bell's character. There was nothing leading to that battle. It just happened. When Bell beat Rashad his story was effectively over. There were so many different ways to end the manga that didn't do either Bell or Valt dirty. I'm glad the anime didn't go in that direction.

Valt literally got stripped of his title as the World Champion in that battle. Further, as I mentioned in my previous comment, that battle ultimately did nothing for Bell's character. He was never striving to be the champ and he had a non existent rivalry with Valt. His story was effectively over when he defeated Rashad. That was consequential, that was set up, that had real narrative weight. The battle with Valt didn't. Hiro Morita simply decided to tack this battle with Valt on at the end. There was no set up, no lead up in Bell's story bringing us to this moment. It simply happened. It was, as I also said earlier, unnecessary.

There were several ways to bring Burst to it's conclusion in the manga without throwing Valt under the bus like that.
The thing I hated about the Burst Anime and Manga was that all the Protagonists had the same or different goals but ngl a few of the protagonist goals were unexplained and like there was no weight to story. Like okay we got Aiga becoming World Champion… Okay… But like that completely makes Valt’s Journey completely useless for the first two seasons which stripped the meaningfulness of Valt’s Story. Drum didn’t have a goal he just wanted to Blade and then he beat Gwyn that had no real consequences to the world of Beyblade. I know dang well I’m going to get a lot of hate for this but Sparking is the only season that actually kinda did it right. Hyuga and Hikaru became the World Tag Team Champions but the story that lead up to that was just really bad. Now if they formed the togetherness message a little more and not kinda make it feel forced at the end it would maybe would’ve been a better story. Bell on the other hand… had no goal whatsoever. He was just battling and upgrading Belilal and the final tournament literally meant nothing. If I recall correctly Bell didn’t get a title from it or anything which was straight up bland which is the same that happened to Drum. This is kinda what made the Burst Anime Mid, lack of leading up to something consequential happening. This probably was because of too many seasons so maybe they should’ve had less idk but that was kinda what made the Burst Anime kinda mid. Maybe QuadStrike does something different but for now this is my take honestly.
(May. 19, 2023  3:08 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(May. 19, 2023  12:11 AM)BondsofTime Wrote: I don't see how Valt losing a battle to Bell at the end of the manga did him dirty. It's not like that loss damaged his reputation, title of legend of legends, or anything like that. I think you guys are just mad that the manga had one last battle for Bell and Valt with Valt losing it, which is fine but doesn't mean Valt was done dirty. 

Valt literally got stripped of his title as the World Champion in that battle. Further, as I mentioned in my previous comment, that battle ultimately did nothing for Bell's character. He was never striving to be the champ and he had a non existent rivalry with Valt. His story was effectively over when he defeated Rashad. That was consequential, that was set up, that had real narrative weight. The battle with Valt didn't. Hiro Morita simply decided to tack this battle with Valt on at the end. There was no set up, no lead up in Bell's story bringing us to this moment. It simply happened. It was, as I also said earlier, unnecessary.

There were several ways to bring Burst to it's conclusion in the manga without throwing Valt under the bus like that.

So I was right, you are just mad Valt lost to Bell. Like I said before, neither Valt or Bell was done dirty with this ending. Bell finished his story winning his battles, Valt is still the legend of legends. The world championship was insignificant in DB's manga anyways. Again, it was Bell's rivalry that ended when he beat Rashad, not his story. Bell had one more battle left with Valt. This marks the end of his story. If Hiro Morita didn't want Bell to face Valt one more time he wouldn't have made it the manga ending so your argument that the battle was unnecessary is irrelevant. At the end of the day Valt wasn't thrown under the bus just because he lost to Bell and it didn't ruin the manga to have Bell end his story winning. You just didn't like the ending.