Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Jun. 29, 2021  11:38 PM)Dark red Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2021  11:16 PM)Zeutron Wrote:  ¨Also, what's wrong with characters having similar personalities?¨
It takes away from originality of the work. If I wanted to see Valt again, I would watch older seasons. A lack of originality is a sign of poor writing especially when the entire point of getting a new protagonist is to give the audience something new.

¨But Drum was smarter and more strategic than Valt during his season.¨ 
Yeah and that really isn't a factor that is big enough to change my opinion, I see far more similarities than I do differences and the differences that do exist are miniscule and are effectively non-factors.

¨Even IRL, different individuals have similar personalities but I won't call them off-brand of each other.¨
Burst is animated media designed to appeal to viewers while real life is real life so that comparison doesn't really work. A new burst protagonist is meant to appeal to the audience in a different way than the others and Drum really doesn't make that cut.
I know Burst is an animated show but simply disliking Drum because his unoriginality is kinda eh imo. I trying to say that maybe Burst was trying to realistic by showing that there will be characters/people will similar personalities regardless you like it or not. The same can apply for irl for Youtubers in the Youtube community saying that there will be Youtubers with similar personas to their famous counterparts, which makes people calling them off-brand or a rip-off. This aspect is what makes me like Drum despite being a "copy". And besides, tbh 11-year-old Valt felt pretty "cliche" (a word I hate) compared to Drum IMO: spiky hair, and acting dumb (no insult).
¨I know Burst is an animated show but simply disliking Drum because his unoriginality is kinda eh imo.¨
I suppose that's fair to say, but we all have different standards and expectations. If I see a new protagonist, then gosh darn do I expect some originality.

¨I trying to say that maybe Burst was trying to realistic by showing that there will be characters/people will similar personalities regardless you like it or not.¨
I mean, I am 95% sure that was not of their intention whatsoever. Not to say that it isn't true that similar personalities occur in nature but they definitely didn't plan for that. Either way, it seems clear that it was a bad move based on reception.

¨The same can apply for irl for Youtubers in the Youtube community saying that there will be Youtubers with similar personas to their famous counterparts, which makes people calling them off-brand or a rip-off.¨
But the idea of calling a youtuber a poor copy of another based on content similarities is a ridiculous claim while doing the same for two animated protagonists is not. The personality of a protagonist is something within control of the writers so it is their job to make the characters appeal to the audience. This means creating new tropes and characteristics-furthermore, it is not an ethically incorrect claim like it would be in the case of the youtuber analogy.

¨Valt felt pretty "cliche" (a word I hate) compared to Drum IMO: spiky hair, and acting dumb (no insult).¨
To be fair, they are both pretty cliche in terms of personality. The whole overly enthusiastic and aspiring attitude is generally one of the most overused characteristics we see in anime protagonists (or any protagonist really).
(Jun. 30, 2021  1:00 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2021  11:38 PM)Dark red Wrote: I know Burst is an animated show but simply disliking Drum because his unoriginality is kinda eh imo. I trying to say that maybe Burst was trying to realistic by showing that there will be characters/people will similar personalities regardless you like it or not. The same can apply for irl for Youtubers in the Youtube community saying that there will be Youtubers with similar personas to their famous counterparts, which makes people calling them off-brand or a rip-off. This aspect is what makes me like Drum despite being a "copy". And besides, tbh 11-year-old Valt felt pretty "cliche" (a word I hate) compared to Drum IMO: spiky hair, and acting dumb (no insult).
¨I know Burst is an animated show but simply disliking Drum because his unoriginality is kinda eh imo.¨
I suppose that's fair to say, but we all have different standards and expectations. If I see a new protagonist, then gosh darn do I expect some originality.

¨I trying to say that maybe Burst was trying to realistic by showing that there will be characters/people will similar personalities regardless you like it or not.¨
I mean, I am 95% sure that was not of their intention whatsoever. Not to say that it isn't true that similar personalities occur in nature but they definitely didn't plan for that. Either way, it seems clear that it was a bad move based on reception.

¨The same can apply for irl for Youtubers in the Youtube community saying that there will be Youtubers with similar personas to their famous counterparts, which makes people calling them off-brand or a rip-off.¨
But the idea of calling a youtuber a poor copy of another based on content similarities is a ridiculous claim while doing the same for two animated protagonists is not. The personality of a protagonist is something within control of the writers so it is their job to make the characters appeal to the audience. This means creating new tropes and characteristics-furthermore, it is not an ethically incorrect claim like it would be in the case of the youtuber analogy.

¨Valt felt pretty "cliche" (a word I hate) compared to Drum IMO: spiky hair, and acting dumb (no insult).¨
To be fair, they are both pretty cliche in terms of personality. The whole overly enthusiastic and aspiring attitude is generally one of the most overused characteristics we see in anime protagonists (or any protagonist really).
Thanks for addressing my points in a well-mannered tone during this clean argument for me to understand your perspective.
Btw Valt and Drum might be cliche but they're still amazing IMO. Cliche doesn't always mean bad not that you said that or anyway. I'm just making a statement to anyone who thinks cliche is bad.
In the end were coming at it from our different perspectives. Our enjoyment or lack thereof is entirely subjective and is matter of preference and taste. Thankfully there is a plethora of characters in Burst people can choose from and enjoy.
Just gonna say this imo aiga is the best protagonist in burst and his probably the only protagonist in Burst to get a cinematic moment (beyblade burst choZ ep 50). Now looking bad at Chouzetsu it's not as bad as i used to view it As i definitely had much more enjoyment coming out of it now
(Jun. 30, 2021  3:10 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: Just gonna say this imo aiga is the best protagonist in burst and his probably the only protagonist in Burst to get a cinematic moment (beyblade burst choZ ep 50). Now looking bad at Chouzetsu it's not as bad as i used to view it As i definitely had much more enjoyment coming out of it now

Same when I first saw it I didn't like it but when I saw it again it wasn't bad.I think Valt is IMO the best but he is cliche sometimes which isn't bad but Aiga was a good protagonist
In the last episode of Metal Fury it's implied that Kyoya defeated all the legendary bladers (excluding Ryuga of course) and then went to challenge Gingka. That's a pretty impressive accomplishment to defeat all those powerful bladers.
Hi guys, it appears Beyblade Burst has left Disney XD for unknown reasons, well at least I got to watch much of the reruns and new episodes.
(Jun. 30, 2021  3:58 AM)TeamRocketDJJ Wrote: Hi guys, it appears Beyblade Burst has left Disney XD for unknown reasons, well at least I got to watch much of the reruns and new episodes.

That's Werid it shouldn't be doing that
(Jun. 30, 2021  4:05 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2021  3:58 AM)TeamRocketDJJ Wrote: Hi guys, it appears Beyblade Burst has left Disney XD for unknown reasons, well at least I got to watch much of the reruns and new episodes.

That's Werid it shouldn't be doing that

Ik I don’t see any upcoming episodes airing in reruns…idk when it’s coming back to Disney XD or else Beyblade Burst have to find a new home since the contract between TV Tokyo and Disney expired.
(Jun. 30, 2021  4:28 AM)TeamRocketDJJ Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2021  4:05 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: That's Werid it shouldn't be doing that

Ik I don’t see any upcoming episodes airing in reruns…idk when it’s coming back to Disney XD or else Beyblade Burst have to find a new home since the contract between TV Tokyo and Disney expired.

So, usually, Disney Now let's u watch beyblade episodes without disney but it switches to one episode once a week Example: Say if Episode 13 was free that week on Disney now next week should make Episode 14 free I hope I made sense
(Jun. 30, 2021  5:08 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2021  4:28 AM)TeamRocketDJJ Wrote: Ik I don’t see any upcoming episodes airing in reruns…idk when it’s coming back to Disney XD or else Beyblade Burst have to find a new home since the contract between TV Tokyo and Disney expired.

So, usually, Disney Now let's u watch beyblade episodes without disney but it switches to one episode once a week Example: Say if  Episode 13 was free that week on Disney now next week should make Episode 14 free I hope I made sense

Ohh like to watch now through DisneyNOW? Where you have to login with a TV provider to watch it…..
(Jun. 30, 2021  5:18 AM)TeamRocketDJJ Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2021  5:08 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: So, usually, Disney Now let's u watch beyblade episodes without disney but it switches to one episode once a week Example: Say if  Episode 13 was free that week on Disney now next week should make Episode 14 free I hope I made sense

Ohh like to watch now through DisneyNOW? Where you have to login with a TV provider to watch it…..

You don't even have to login
(Jun. 30, 2021  5:57 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2021  5:18 AM)TeamRocketDJJ Wrote: Ohh like to watch now through DisneyNOW? Where you have to login with a TV provider to watch it…..

You don't even have to login

Oh ok I guess it’s free…
(Jun. 30, 2021  3:10 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: Just gonna say this imo aiga is the best protagonist in burst and his probably the only protagonist in Burst to get a cinematic moment (beyblade burst choZ ep 50). Now looking bad at Chouzetsu it's not as bad as i used to view it As i definitely had much more enjoyment coming out of it now

Personally, I don't think Aiga was the best but I truly believe that he could have been the best main character if they had just paced his story out, that's just me though.
I've spoken at length about Aiger before and my feelings on him and Turbo are well documented so I won't speak long on it. But in short, I don't think he's the best protag, there was potential there to be a great main character, but such potential never came to fruition imo.
Lemme rank my fave main characters

1. Valt Aoi

2. Bell Daikokuten

3. Dante Koryu

4. Hikaru Hizashi

5. Hyuga Hizashi

6. Aiger Akabane (Sorry not sorry Aiger fans Tongue_out) jk
(Jun. 30, 2021  5:47 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: Lemme rank my fave main characters

1. Valt Aoi

2. Bell Daikokuten

3. Dante Koryu

4. Hikaru Hizashi

5. Hyuga Hizashi

Those aiger fans want blood

Sorry aiger fans
(Jun. 30, 2021  6:13 PM)LegendJustice Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2021  5:47 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: Lemme rank my fave main characters

1. Valt Aoi

2. Bell Daikokuten

3. Dante Koryu

4. Hikaru Hizashi

5. Hyuga Hizashi

Those aiger fans want blood

Sorry aiger fans

lol
sooooooo, what's everyone's opinions on db?
(Jun. 30, 2021  6:35 PM)Pixi Wrote: sooooooo, what's everyone's opinions on db?

In my opinion the best burst season so far I really like the DB beys and the main character Bell (Btw Bell's birthday is tomorrow) so so far I like it
Hot take:  Fubuki should have been at the same level as Delta or Xhaka.

When I first saw Fubuki Sumie, I thought that this dude was supposed to be Shu 2.0 but with swag. Like he was Shu but cooler imo. I also thought that he would be the third strongest blader behind Aiga and Phi but boi I was WRONG. Cho-z did him dirty making him look like a side character than one of the main characters of the show. And I thought he would be important since he appeared in the very last episode of God to train with Shu. Like, Fubuki had A LOT of potential to be one of Cho-z's iconic and strongest bladers but no. And the thing that annoys me the most is that Burst fans call Fubuki a "discount Shu" or "Shu rip-off" whereas we have Delta who's exactly that. I still like Delta but come on he's literally Shu: red eyes, cool demeanor, dual-spin balance type Bey, and hard-working. Tbh, Fubuki should be a legendary blader (I DON"T CARE IF ANYBODY SAYS OTHERWISE) and got a Sparking evolution in the manga. One more thing: HE GOT TRAINED BY SHU, ONE OF THE STRONG BLADERS IN THE WORLD.
(Jun. 30, 2021  6:56 PM)Dark red Wrote: Hot take:  Fubuki should have been at the same level as Delta or Xhaka.

When I first saw Fubuki Sumie, I thought that this dude was supposed to be Shu 2.0 but with swag. Like he was Shu but cooler imo. I also thought that he would be the third strongest blader behind Aiga and Phi but boi I was WRONG. Cho-z did him dirty making him look like a side character than one of the main characters of the show. And I thought he would be important since he appeared in the very last episode of God to train with Shu. Like, Fubuki had A LOT of potential to be one of Cho-z's iconic and strongest bladers but no. And the thing that annoys me the most is that Burst fans call Fubuki a "discount Shu" or "Shu rip-off" whereas we have Delta who's exactly that. I still like Delta but come on he's literally Shu: red eyes, cool demeanor, dual-spin balance type Bey, and hard-working. Tbh, Fubuki should be a legendary blader (I DON"T CARE IF ANYBODY SAYS OTHERWISE) and got a Sparking evolution in the manga. One more thing: HE GOT TRAINED BY SHU, ONE OF THE STRONG BLADERS IN THE WORLD.

I completely agree with everything you said. Fubuki was done dirty. However, I would like to point out that I've seen many people calling Delta a ripoff Shu as well. Also, any ripoff Shu is better than the original imo simply because they have less fans.
(Jun. 30, 2021  7:08 PM)i\m batman Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2021  6:56 PM)Dark red Wrote: Hot take:  Fubuki should have been at the same level as Delta or Xhaka.

I completely agree with everything you said. Fubuki was done dirty. However, I would like to point out that I've seen many people calling Delta a ripoff Shu as well. Also, any ripoff Shu is better than the original imo simply because they have less fans.
Thank you!!!!! And ngl, I like Fubuki more than Shu and Delta since he had a different vibe to him (Defense-type Bey and cool attire). I was also interested in his Forneus bey and wanted to see an evolution of it. Btw I don't why but I only saw people called Delta, Shu but not a rip-off for some reason lol.
(Jun. 30, 2021  7:08 PM)i\m batman Wrote:

Also, any ripoff Shu is better than the original imo simply because they have less fans.

hope the shu fans wont rip to shreds for saying this lol  DJ 2002
For me Fubuki didn't seem that Important Ngl I would forget that he was a character to me he's more like Aiger's babysitter