Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Apr. 25, 2021  2:40 AM)Instarez Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:38 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I did watch the battle and I thought it was amazing, the story had to go somewhere. It also gave us a basa** evolution so there are no complaints for me. The dark power Aiga used was sort of like a beyblade burst equivalent to the dark side of the force a quicker path to a higher power (although it was a little quick).

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's not how a good story works. Plot progression should feel simple and natural, not forced. Second, the dark side of the force and Dar Resonance are like saying Bakugan is a rip off of Beyblade. Those 2 things are so vaguely related that they might as well not be at all. All he did was scream and gained more power. The dark side of the force is simply getting your power from a different source.

I didn't say I liked the story, I said I liked the battle and that the story had to go somewhere. They could have had him break Valkyrie in a different way. Besides, we all have our own standard of what good plot progression is. Aiga's dark resonance was based off of his selfish desires and anger just like the dark side. Also, the dark side of the force is not getting your power from a different source, both sides of the force are drawn from the true living force which is neither light nor dark, it's a different way of using the same power (and I would be happy to discuss the force in the appropriate thread if you want don't agree with this part).
Flare wasn't even explained in the anime, just epic edgy energy. Maybe don't shoehorn random long tournament arcs into your anime adaption, forcing you to remove vital pieces of information and extremely important character backstories and arcs?
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:42 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:38 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I did watch the battle and I thought it was amazing, the story had to go somewhere. It also gave us a basa** evolution so there are no complaints for me. The dark power Aiga used was sort of like a beyblade burst equivalent to the dark side of the force, a quicker path to a higher level of power (although it was a little bit of a quick journey).

There are ways of progressing the story forward without relying on Deus ex machina to achieve that forward motion. That's a prime example of lazy, bad writing. Flare 1.0. I could have lived with Valt winning the match but Valtryek being damaged in the process which would require an upgrade to Turbo Valtryek.

Alright then that sounds good, so does Aiga beat Valt in the final battle then?
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:45 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:42 AM)Admiral W Wrote: There are ways of progressing the story forward without relying on Deus ex machina to achieve that forward motion. That's a prime example of lazy, bad writing. Flare 1.0. I could have lived with Valt winning the match but Valtryek being damaged in the process which would require an upgrade to Turbo Valtryek.

Alright then that sounds good, so does Aiga beat Valt in the final battle then?

Not as the season stands. The foundation wasn't laid for that to be reasonable.
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:44 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:40 AM)Instarez Wrote: Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's not how a good story works. Plot progression should feel simple and natural, not forced. Second, the dark side of the force and Dar Resonance are like saying Bakugan is a rip off of Beyblade. Those 2 things are so vaguely related that they might as well not be at all. All he did was scream and gained more power. The dark side of the force is simply getting your power from a different source.

I didn't say I liked the story, I said I liked that battle and that the story had to go somewhere. They could have had him break Valkyrie in a different way. Besides, we all have our own standard of what good plot progression is. Aiga's dark resonance was based off of his selfish desires and anger just like the dark side. Also, the dark side of the force is not getting your power from a different source, both sides of the force are drawn from the true living force which is neither light nor dark, its a different way of using the same power (and I would be happy to discuss the force in the appropriate thread if you want don't agree with this part).

You didn't like the battle, you liked the concept of Aiga breaking Valkyrie. Either way, you don't understand basic plot progression. Moving the plot along should be natural, not forced.
From what I remember an the manga between S1 and god months had pass . Cho z is 2 year later after god, While GT is 2 to 3 year after cho z. Lastly Sparking is a year after GT.
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:47 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:45 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Alright then that sounds good, so does Aiga beat Valt in the final battle then?

I mean, I think he should beat Valt at least once. Maybe three battle where he wins the second one?
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:47 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:45 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Alright then that sounds good, so does Aiga beat Valt in the final battle then?

Achilles bursting Valkyrie implies it's stronger than it, when even at his best Aiga should reasonably be just barely at Valt's level by the finale. Maaaaaybe having him win by stamina finish would've been better? Nah that's in the manga, and it's not like they're supposed to be adapting the manga or anything............
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:47 AM)Instarez Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:44 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I didn't say I liked the story, I said I liked that battle and that the story had to go somewhere. They could have had him break Valkyrie in a different way. Besides, we all have our own standard of what good plot progression is. Aiga's dark resonance was based off of his selfish desires and anger just like the dark side. Also, the dark side of the force is not getting your power from a different source, both sides of the force are drawn from the true living force which is neither light nor dark, its a different way of using the same power (and I would be happy to discuss the force in the appropriate thread if you want don't agree with this part).

You didn't like the battle, you liked the concept of Aiga breaking Valkyrie. Either way, you don't understand basic plot progression. Moving the plot along should be natural, not forced.

Well I am glad you feel the way you feel and I am happy the way I feel so if I don't understand plot progression as you say, I will continue to not understand 😀 Also, I liked the animation and aura effects too, thought they were cool.

[url=https://emojipedia.org/smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes/#:~:text=A%20yellow%20face%20with%20smiling,form%20of%20the%20%5E%5E%20emoticon.&text=Smiling%20Face%20with%20Smiling%20Eyes%20was%20approved%20as%20part%20of,to%20Emoji%201.0%20in%202015.][/url]
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:49 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:47 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Not as the season stands. The foundation wasn't laid for that to be reasonable.

I mean, I think he should beat Valt at least once. Maybe three battle where he wins the second one?

Aiger didn't even necessarily have to win. Part of what led Aiger down the wrong path was his warped idea of what blading is really about. For him it was about winning at all costs. What better way to encapsulate the theme of him finally understanding that it's about enjoying yourself, then to have him lose the final battle and instead of running away like he always did, instead of all the anger he used to feel, he would instead be ok with that because he truly enjoyed the battle. That outside goal wasn't reached but the more important internal goal was. That's a thematic tool that's sometimes used to really drive the theme of the story home, That would have really showcased his personal growth.
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:52 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:49 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I mean, I think he should beat Valt at least once. Maybe three battle where he wins the second one?

Aiger didn't even necessarily have to win. Part of what led Aiger down the wrong path was his warped idea of what blading is really about. For him it was about winning at all costs. What better way to encapsulate the theme of him finally understanding that it's about enjoying yourself, then to have him lose the final battle and instead of running away like always did, instead of all the anger he used to feel, he would instead be ok with that because he truly enjoyed the battle. That's a thematic tool that's sometimes used to really drive the theme of the story home. That would have really showcased his personal growth.

I gotta say, I appreciate your replies because they aren't hostile like that other guy who was getting a little crazy on me. Anyways, I agree with this. Do you think Drum should have beat Valt? Personally I do, would have been a fun master vs student battle to see how Drum had grown.
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:49 AM)Instarez Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:47 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Not as the season stands. The foundation wasn't laid for that to be reasonable.

Achilles bursting Valkyrie implies it's stronger than it, when even at his best Aiga should reasonably be just barely at Valt's level by the finale. Maaaaaybe having him win by stamina finish would've been better? Nah that's in the manga, and it's not like they're supposed to be adapting the manga or anything............

He was only able to burst it while he using the dark power. Those were the only times all battle that he was able to overcome Valt. When the dark power wasn't in place, Valt owned him. During the match, a single wonder whip had Achilles wobbling and reeling. Valt also bursted him with ease using wonder winged launch.
I'm not getting hostile, you genuinely just don't understand how a plot works???? They shouldn't have to forcibly activate a random plot device to get the story moving, it should happen naturally. Also, obviously saying it looked cool is not a valid defense for defending plot armor.
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:54 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:52 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Aiger didn't even necessarily have to win. Part of what led Aiger down the wrong path was his warped idea of what blading is really about. For him it was about winning at all costs. What better way to encapsulate the theme of him finally understanding that it's about enjoying yourself, then to have him lose the final battle and instead of running away like always did, instead of all the anger he used to feel, he would instead be ok with that because he truly enjoyed the battle. That's a thematic tool that's sometimes used to really drive the theme of the story home. That would have really showcased his personal growth.

I gotta say, I appreciate your replies because they aren't hostile like that other guy who was getting a little crazy on me. Anyways, I agree with this. Do you think Drum should have beat Valt? Personally I do, would have been a fun master vs student battle to see how Drum had grown.
Valt didn't really have must significance in the story so I don't think it would have really had much weight behind it aside from just having beaten Valt. I think him taking down Arthur where so many had failed is much more impactful. That really showed how far he'd come.
If you have to force your characters to level up through plot armor, the fans shouldn't just accept it and say "Welp, better than nothing." You are doing something wrong.
(Apr. 25, 2021  3:01 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  2:54 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I gotta say, I appreciate your replies because they aren't hostile like that other guy who was getting a little crazy on me. Anyways, I agree with this. Do you think Drum should have beat Valt? Personally I do, would have been a fun master vs student battle to see how Drum had grown.
Valt didn't really have must significance in the story so I don't think it would have really had much weight behind aside from just having beaten Valt. I think him taking down Arthur where so many had failed is much more impactful.

I still feel like Valt should lose to somebody in some sort of monumental moment. Him being invincible just doesn't sit well.
(Apr. 25, 2021  3:02 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  3:01 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Valt didn't really have must significance in the story so I don't think it would have really had much weight behind aside from just having beaten Valt. I think him taking down Arthur where so many had failed is much more impactful.

I still feel like Valt should lose to somebody in some sort of monumental moment. Him being invincible just doesn't sit well.

He wasn't invincible, or weak technically. he didn't have much relevance in the battle side of things at all. lack of battles makes it hard to properly rank him.
(Apr. 25, 2021  3:01 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Valt didn't really have must significance in the story so I don't think it would have really had much weight behind aside from just having beaten Valt. I think him taking down Arthur where so many had failed is much more impactful.

To me. I think Valt should lose to Shu, Aiga, Free or Lui. Maybe not Free and Lui but defiently Shu and Aiga.
(Apr. 25, 2021  3:03 AM)Instarez Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  3:02 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I still feel like Valt should lose to somebody in some sort of monumental moment. Him being invincible just doesn't sit well.

He wasn't inviable, or weak technically. he didn't have much relevance in the battle side of things at all. lack of battles makes it hard to properly rank him.

He doesn't need to be ranked, just to lose a battle.
(Apr. 25, 2021  3:04 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  3:03 AM)Instarez Wrote: He wasn't inviable, or weak technically. he didn't have much relevance in the battle side of things at all. lack of battles makes it hard to properly rank him.

He doesn't need to be ranked, just to lose a battle.

Why? He doesn't have an impact on the plot whether he does or doesn't.

It's never good for things to just happen in a story. Valt was barely in Rise so it wouldn't have really done anything for the overall story for Dante to beat him. On the other hand so many people tried to take down Arthur and got demolished, seeing Dante finally being able to succeed where so many had failed was far more consequential, it showcased Dante's growth and at the same time was meanigful for the story.
(Apr. 25, 2021  3:04 AM)Instarez Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  3:04 AM)Zeutron Wrote: He doesn't need to be ranked, just to lose a battle.

Why? He doesn't have an impact on the plot whether he does or doesn't.

For realism, Valt isn't meant to be portrayed as some invincible god just like any character in any beyblade series (except for Rago-heck, even he lost under the right conditions). It would be nice for someone with ambition to surpass him.
That victory against Arthur hit two birds with one stone.
(Apr. 25, 2021  3:07 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 25, 2021  3:04 AM)Instarez Wrote: Why? He doesn't have an impact on the plot whether he does or doesn't.

For realism, Valt isn't meant to be some invincible god just like any character in any beyblade series (except for Rago-heck, even he lost under the right conditions).

He never was portrayed to be in GT. He was just a mentor. Drum just thought he was cool and wanted to be like him.
In the end it wouldn't have done anything for the story really.