Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Apr. 10, 2021  5:39 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2021  5:38 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Me saying something positive about Valt (god I hate this fictional character with all my soul)

Valt - this one’s hard. He’s strong

Aha you hate valt that much? I get it since you watched Turbo first. I'd be the same.

I just don’t like it since he’s just another shounen protagonist duplicate and his story is rather dull for him and doesn’t have as much character development as other characters.
(Apr. 10, 2021  5:42 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2021  5:39 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: Aha you hate valt that much? I get it since you watched Turbo first. I'd be the same.

I just don’t like it since he’s just another shounen protagonist duplicate and his story is rather dull for him and doesn’t have as much character development as other characters.
Hmm maybe that feeling makes sense at some parts, but for me I think he had a great development.
(Apr. 10, 2021  5:42 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2021  5:39 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: Aha you hate valt that much? I get it since you watched Turbo first. I'd be the same.

You may not like him which is certainly your prerogative, but it's neither accurate nor fair to say he didn't grow substantially over the course of those seasons. I think you missed some things. There were so many lessons he had to learn to move forward not only as a blader but as a person.
(Apr. 10, 2021  5:37 PM)Admiral W Wrote: If y'all enjoyed that post on Silas I could do some more for other characters.

Definitely, that post was quite insightful. They did a great job with the characters in the 1st two seasons.
(Apr. 10, 2021  5:52 PM)i\m batman Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2021  5:37 PM)Admiral W Wrote: If y'all enjoyed that post on Silas I could do some more for other characters.

Definitely, that post was quite insightful. They did a great job with the characters in the 1st two seasons.

They really did. It's one of the reasons those first two seasons were the best as far as I'm concerned.
I like the first 3 seasons, but not s1 as much as I find it quite boring at times.
(Apr. 10, 2021  5:59 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: I like the first 3 seasons, but not s1 as much as I find it quite boring at times.

Everything resonates differently with different people but I love that season. I've actually been doing a rewatch and I've been loving it. That and season two are the best imo.
(Apr. 10, 2021  5:55 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2021  5:52 PM)i\m batman Wrote: Definitely, that post was quite insightful. They did a great job with the characters in the 1st two seasons.

They really did. It's one of the reasons those first two seasons were the best as far as I'm concerned.

I personally am not the biggest fan of the 1st season, but that's actually a bias. Thing is, Evolution was when I got into Beyblade, so when I watched the 1st season after that, while it filled up some of the things I didn't understand in Evolution, like who Ken was, what Shu and Valt's history was, etc it was just not that epic. Oh, and this isn't really exclusive to the anime, but I was kinda disappointed with the dual layers as they didn't have gimmicks and had less detail. I'm sure I would have liked it better had I watched it first. I cannot complain about the characters, though.
(Apr. 10, 2021  6:06 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2021  5:59 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: I like the first 3 seasons, but not s1 as much as I find it quite boring at times.

Everything resonates differently with different people but I love that season. I've actually been doing a rewatch and I've been loving it. That and season two are the best imo.

True, not to say that I don't like it, I just find some of the episodes better than some in season 1.
(Apr. 10, 2021  5:48 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2021  5:42 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I just don’t like it since he’s just another shounen protagonist duplicate and his story is rather dull for him and doesn’t have as much character development as other characters.
You may not like him which is certainly your prerogative, but it's neither accurate nor fair to say he didn't grow substantially over the course of those seasons. I think you missed some things. There were so many lessons he had to learn to move forward not only as a blader but as a person.

In Sparking and Turbo he’s literally almost the same person since season 1. Sure he may have had to learn some things to become stronger, but he sure doesn’t show it past evolution.
(Apr. 10, 2021  6:06 PM)i\m batman Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2021  5:55 PM)Admiral W Wrote: They really did. It's one of the reasons those first two seasons were the best as far as I'm concerned.

I personally am not the biggest fan of the 1st season, but that's actually a bias. Thing is, Evolution was when I got into Beyblade, so when I watched the 1st season after that, while it filled up some of the things I didn't understand in Evolution, like who Ken was, what Shu and Valt's history was, etc it was just not that epic. Oh, and this isn't really exclusive to the anime, but I was kinda disappointed with the dual layers as they didn't have gimmicks and had less detail. I'm sure I would have liked it better had I watched it first. I cannot complain about the characters, though.

You really shot yourself in the foot by not seeing season 1 first lol. When you really examine and think about it, season 1 & 2 are one story.
(Apr. 10, 2021  5:41 PM)Admiral W Wrote: Not so much taking character requests but more so if you'd like to see another one of those. I think I'll do Ken next.

Coolio, looking forward to it.
(Apr. 10, 2021  6:09 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2021  5:48 PM)Admiral W Wrote: You may not like him which is certainly your prerogative, but it's neither accurate nor fair to say he didn't grow substantially over the course of those seasons. I think you missed some things. There were so many lessons he had to learn to move forward not only as a blader but as a person.

In Sparking and Turbo he’s literally almost the same person since season 1. Sure he may have had to learn some things to become stronger, but he sure doesn’t show it past evolution.

The growth Valt experienced in those first two seasons made him the person we see in Turbo and beyond. The conclusion of his main story was the conclusion of his main arcs. By the end of season 2 he's fully formed so to speak. Turbo and beyond if you really pay attention you can see how the things he learned affects others. In addition he's performing a role we didn't see him in before; mentoring new bladers. He went from the one learning to the one teaching. I'm not demanding that you like Valt, I don't think you ever will, for whatever your reasons for hating him are, but what I'm saying is give the character work the due it deserves.
How do you post pictures/gifs in your post?
(Apr. 10, 2021  6:09 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2021  5:48 PM)Admiral W Wrote: You may not like him which is certainly your prerogative, but it's neither accurate nor fair to say he didn't grow substantially over the course of those seasons. I think you missed some things. There were so many lessons he had to learn to move forward not only as a blader but as a person.

I think it was shown in Turbo, when wonder valtryek broke, he trained with free to master his new bey and then won against Hyde who won to aiger. Sure he lost to aiger, but he was the protagonist and valt can't win every battle.
(Apr. 10, 2021  6:10 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2021  6:06 PM)i\m batman Wrote: I personally am not the biggest fan of the 1st season, but that's actually a bias. Thing is, Evolution was when I got into Beyblade, so when I watched the 1st season after that, while it filled up some of the things I didn't understand in Evolution, like who Ken was, what Shu and Valt's history was, etc it was just not that epic. Oh, and this isn't really exclusive to the anime, but I was kinda disappointed with the dual layers as they didn't have gimmicks and had less detail. I'm sure I would have liked it better had I watched it first. I cannot complain about the characters, though.

You really shot yourself in the foot by not seeing season 1 first lol. When you really examine and think about it, season 1 & 2 are one story.

Yes, I didn't even know Evolution was not the 1st season in the beginning lol. I was bored, randomly scrolling through TV channels, and stumbled upon this. Actually, when I first saw it, I was mistaking Valt for Tyson (I watched some part of OG a few years back) due to the blue hair before the characters called him by name and I figured out this was a different continuity.
(Apr. 10, 2021  6:16 PM)MasterChef Wrote: How do you post pictures/gifs in your post?

If you hit full edit on your post or preview post, some icons will pop up, hit the picture icon and paste the link. Then hit insert and bam, the picture is part of your post. Then hit post.
Tsubasa is honestly a underrated character in masters. His journey is honestly the coolest from a psychological standpoint and it really stands out from any other character. During masters Tsubasa gains a dark half which is something that can happen due to traumatic experience (here it’s having his soul taken by Lightning L-drago), and it’s only amplified when he loses to Kyoya (while a split personality isn’t likely to happen from losing it can certainly make someone seriously depressed especially after a traumatic experience like dying). Later on in the series we see Tsubasa getting really aggravated during battles always chanting “I will win, I will win” with a dark aura around him. What this is telling us is that he distrusts his own ability to win and he feels like somethings wrong, but tries to suppress it. The next act is when he leaves gan gan Galaxy to face off against Julian before his match against team Excalibur. It’s here that he gets consumed by his dark half and acts recklessly until Ryuga tells him to embrace the dark power because he himself was once like Tsubasa. Now in the Excalibur battle he’s once more taken over by the dark power, but instead of running away from it he tries to break through it and wins using his own power thus increasing his confidence and getting out of his denial phase. The final phase is embracing the past and moving on. During the battle against the Garcias he is the last one left in the special team battle and has to face off against Argo and Ray gill. He starts to become cornered and loses his confidence, but remembers what Ryuga said and becomes one with the darkness winning the game for the team and thus putting his past behind him. I did find some potential symbolism in the character, but he was certainly one of the best executed characters and no one can deny that.
Alright well I’m finished the template with all the current burst characters (who actually do something or have significant screen time). Here is the link Admiral W

https://tiermaker.com/create/beyblade-bu...ted-915813
I look forward to seeing all the tier lists people posts assuming y’all post the tier lists that you create (I'm interested). If I missed an important character or made a mistake, lemme know.
(Apr. 10, 2021  6:44 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Alright well I’m finished the template with all the current burst characters (who actually do something or have significant screen time). Here is the link Admiral W

I look forward to seeing all the tier lists people posts assuming y’all post the tier lists that you create (I'm interested). If I missed an important character or made a mistake, lemme know.

Did you make your tier yet?
(Apr. 10, 2021  6:51 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2021  6:44 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Alright well I’m finished the template with all the current burst characters (who actually do something or have significant screen time). Here is the link Admiral W

Did you make your tier yet?

My personal one? Not yet. Will probably make it in a while since I was going to take a small break. In the meantime maybe work on yours?
(Apr. 10, 2021  6:06 PM)Admiral W Wrote:

Same,I love the first 2 season the most.I managed to rewatch burst season 1&2 ,three times(I only rewatch anime that much if I think its good).season 3 one time.season 4&5 no rewatch
(Apr. 10, 2021  7:00 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2021  6:51 PM)Admiral W Wrote: Did you make your tier yet?

My personal one? Not yet. Will probably make it in a while since I was going to take a small break. In the meantime maybe work on yours?

Doing it as we speak.

Here’s mine https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HVZOe26...p=drivesdk here’s my ranking

Also Phi is in all time favorite and Kyle is in decent

All time favorite: these were characters I found to be really fascinating (mostly turbo characters)
Amazing: just not as good as all time favorite characters in my eyes
Pretty good: missing something that would make them perfect in my eyes (this has more weight than amazing of course)
Decent: DB characters (haven’t seen enough of them to place them) and characters that were memorable, but not as memorable as others above
Lame/boring: these characters fit in here for me
Bad/disappointing: these characters were hyped for me, but they didn’t meet expectations
Absolute trash: these are characters who I just hate.