Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Feb. 27, 2021  7:50 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2021  7:43 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: This is done for one reason and that is that the manga and anime are two different things. In order to distinguish itself the anime has skipped through this.

The manga is the source material for the anime. Without the manga there is no anime. My hero academia is an excellent example of how to do it right. Burst going forward should take a lesson from that good example.

Take a look at Yugioh gx. The anime is great whereas the manga really isn’t. Manga doesn’t always have to be source material nor should that be a rule for success.
(Feb. 27, 2021  7:52 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2021  7:50 PM)Admiral W Wrote: The manga is the source material for the anime. Without the manga there is no anime. My hero academia is an excellent example of how to do it right. Burst going forward should take a lesson from that good example.

Take a look at Yugioh gx. The anime is great whereas the manga really isn’t. Manga doesn’t always have to be source material nor should that be a rule for success.
Do you know what the word adaption means
(Feb. 27, 2021  7:52 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2021  7:52 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Take a look at Yugioh gx. The anime is great whereas the manga really isn’t. Manga doesn’t always have to be source material nor should that be a rule for success.
Do you know what the word adaption means

It’s never stated speaking anime is an adaptation.
(Feb. 27, 2021  7:52 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2021  7:50 PM)Admiral W Wrote: The manga is the source material for the anime. Without the manga there is no anime. My hero academia is an excellent example of how to do it right. Burst going forward should take a lesson from that good example.

It is the source material though. The anime literally wouldn't exist without the manga. It's an adaptation. In addition, I'm not a Yu-gi-oh fan so I can't speak to that, but what I do know is that Burst S3 and beyond have suffered from a severe difference in quality to the manga, to the point it's not even funny how much better the manga is.
(Feb. 27, 2021  7:54 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2021  7:52 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Do you know what the word adaption means

So you’re dodging the question? Please answer.
(Feb. 27, 2021  7:56 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2021  7:54 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: It’s never stated speaking anime is an adaptation.

So you’re dodging the question? Please answer.

Adaptation: an adaptation is a remake or rework of a piece of art in a different format
(Feb. 27, 2021  7:54 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2021  7:52 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Do you know what the word adaption means

An adaptation is any media that is derived from a written or preexisting work. Anime is exactly that.
(Feb. 27, 2021  7:58 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2021  7:54 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: It’s never stated speaking anime is an adaptation.

An adaptation is any media that is derived from a written or preexisting work. Anime is exactly that.

It is very rare for any anime to deviate form it's source material (filler arcs don't apply) and be as good or greater than the manga. That is why any time it happens it's looked at as a bad thing. Take The Promised Neverland Season 2 for example. It is currently airing and just started being completely unique. This new unique story is very low quality, even for people that haven't read the manga.
Actually no some anime do not have an adaptation from the manga, ik some where the manga was made after the anime.
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:04 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: Actually no some anime do not have an adaptation from the manga, ik some where the manga was made after the anime.

That's called a manga adaption. It is very rare for an anime to be not based off of anything, so it's probably based off a Light Novel, like Konosuba for example.
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:04 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: Actually no some anime do not have an adaptation from the manga, ik some where the manga was made after the anime.

Its either manga or light novels. If any or wholely original that is extremely rare. I don't know of any personally. All the anime are I've seen or heard about was adapted from something.
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:08 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: I have heard of original anime.

There's always something it's based on usually. Mobile Suit Gundam is based on the toys.
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:10 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:08 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: I have heard of original anime.

There's always something it's based on usually. Mobile Suit Gundam is based on the toys.

From what I know there are anime with no source material.
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:11 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:10 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: There's always something it's based on usually. Mobile Suit Gundam is based on the toys.

From what I know there anime with no source materialml.
If that's true, it's extremely rare.
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:12 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:11 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: From what I know there anime with no source materialml.
If that's true, it's extremely rare.

Yes that is very rare to not have a manga, light novel, or product it is based on.
If you search up anime without source material, you'll find some.
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:13 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: If you search up anime without source material, you'll find some.

like what
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:13 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: If you search up anime without source material, you'll find some.

like what
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:15 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:

like what
Search it, one I know is free.
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:16 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:15 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: like what
Search it, one I know is free.

well that doesn't need a source material cause it's just generic pretty boy sports anime, not hard to make.
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:18 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:16 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: Search it, one I know is free.

well that doesn't need a source material cause it's just generic pretty boy sports anime, not hard to make.

Yeh ok but that's not the only one.
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:18 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:16 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: Search it, one I know is free.

Literally all of Yugioh after dm in fact the manga used the anime as character material.
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:23 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:18 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: well that doesn't need a source material cause it's just generic pretty boy sports anime, not hard to make.

Literally all of Yugioh after dm in fact the manga used the anime as character material.

It's called a manga adaption dummy  Angry
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:54 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:47 PM)Achilles25 Wrote: season 1 is the worst season honestly

Season 1&2 are the best seasons. Main and side characters grew and changed through character arcs. Each of the arcs in both seasons were integral and flowed naturally one into the next. We had a main character who acutally had to work at achieving his goals, instead of winning vis Deus Ex Machina foolishness. And the setbacks he suffered made his wins all the more enjoyable. Season 1 was fantastic. Both that and Evolution are the best burst seasons by far.

Just wanted to move this here since we were all getting borderline off topic.