Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Dec. 31, 2020  6:48 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:46 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: He doesn't have dark resonance per say. he and his bey both want to do one thing, destroy the others, making it a fairly healthy relationship. His beys aura is just a dark colors. doesn't make it any better though.

Pretty sure it’s implied that they have dark resonance several times.

Not exactly. He even alludes to this when talking about how Hyde was dominating his bey. He and Phoenix were both interested in causing destruction.
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:50 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:48 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Pretty sure it’s implied that they have dark resonance several times.

Not exactly. He even alludes to this when talking about how Hyde was dominating his bey. He and Phoenix were both interested in causing destruction.

Then where did the term dark resonance come from?
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:50 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:48 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Pretty sure it’s implied that they have dark resonance several times.

I thought of it more as resonance that was corrupt like shu said to aiger.
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:48 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: Phi wasn't dominating his bey right, they both had the same intentions?

both phi and Phoenix had a well you could say a healthy partnership they both wanted the same thing .  it's like how spriggan and shu was in god or genesis and gwyn they all had mutual goals.  if phi didn't go his way to break beys just for fun everyone would've ignore him . look hearts they don't care his using dark resonances that's cause he doesn't break bey for fun.
I think that Gwynn was a very interesting and complex character although I thought that he could have been utilized better. Gwynn didn’t initially care for friendship and emotion nor did he care for domination or influence, he just wanted to enforce the superiority of math over all else, a blader who’s resonance isn’t necessarily good or evil but rather artificial and calculated (as implied by the existence of superior turbo) is pretty dang awesome and creative on Morita’s part. His feud with Dante was essentially a battle between friendship and emotion against genius, superiority and ego which was a great deeper meaning to the seasons conflict.
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:49 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:47 PM)Admiral W Wrote: He was breaking others beys, severing their bonds with their partners for his own amusement. Not acceptable.

Part of the contract for joining the sport.

He caused harm to numerous bladers, severed the bonds between bladers and their beys, and caused terror and misery throughout the blading world. Gee I wonder why someone like that would be ostracized? Haven't a clue.
Did gwynn want Dante to acknowledge him? Haven't finished watching rise.
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:51 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:50 PM)Admiral W Wrote: Not exactly. He even alludes to this when talking about how Hyde was dominating his bey. He and Phoenix were both interested in causing destruction.

Then where did the term dark resonance come from?
His resonance wasn't healthy but it wasn't of the exact nature of Hyde's and Aiger's.
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:55 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:49 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Part of the contract for joining the sport.

He caused harm to numerous bladers, severed the bonds between bladers and their beys, and caused terror throughout and misery the blading world. Gee I wonder why someone like that would be ostracized? Haven't a clue.

Did he really severe bonds, free and fafnir were fine. Its mostly despair he wanted them to see.
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:54 PM)Zeutron Wrote: I think that Gwynn was a very interesting and complex character although I thought that he could have been utilized better. Gwynn didn’t initially care for friendship and emotion nor did he care for domination or influence, he just wanted to enforce the superiority of math over all else, a blader who’s resonance isn’t necessarily good or evil but rather artificial and calculated (as implied by the existence of superior turbo) is pretty dang awesome and creative on Morita’s part. His feud with Dante was essentially a battle between friendship and emotion against genius, superiority and ego which was a great deeper meaning to the seasons conflict.

I truly feel that Gwyn would have made for an interesting main character. His parents couldn’t understand him nor could his “friends” all because he was really smart. He had a really interesting back story, but it’s a shame they didn’t do much with that.
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:56 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: Did gwynn want Dante to acknowledge him? Haven't finished watching rise.

No I think he was trying to prove a point while asserting his superiority complex.
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:57 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:55 PM)Admiral W Wrote: He caused harm to numerous bladers, severed the bonds between bladers and their beys, and caused terror throughout and misery the blading world. Gee I wonder why someone like that would be ostracized? Haven't a clue.

Did he really severe bonds, free and fafnir were fine. Its mostly despair he wanted them to see.

When the bey is destroyed you have to reconnect with the avatar. The only way to do that is create a new bey or repair the one that was destroyed.
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:58 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:57 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: Did he really severe bonds, free and fafnir were fine. Its mostly despair he wanted them to see.

When the bey is destroyed you have to reconnect with the avatar. The only way to do that is create a new bey.

That’s not true, Shu just remade Turbo and free just remade Geist.
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:58 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:57 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: Did he really severe bonds, free and fafnir were fine. Its mostly despair he wanted them to see.

When the bey is destroyed you have to reconnect with the avatar. The only way to do that is create a new bey.

Ohhhhh, well would that be difficult, like losing the entire bond you had by starting from scratch.
Gwyn is a bit complex. I'd his main goal was finding out how friendship makes your power level higher.
I'll say this though a bey breaking is not an issue . it's how it's broken sure it's a sport that this will happen but theirs s differences between breaking a bey an a intenses battle and breaking it just for the fun of it cause you feel like it.
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:59 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:58 PM)Admiral W Wrote: When the bey is destroyed you have to reconnect with the avatar. The only way to do that is create a new bey.

Ohhhhh, well would that be difficult, like losing the entire bond you had by starting from scratch.

Not exactly but it's still traumatic.
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:59 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:58 PM)Admiral W Wrote: When the bey is destroyed you have to reconnect with the avatar. The only way to do that is create a new bey.

In turn, reconnecting with the avatar.
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:59 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:

If you take a look at my edited comment before you replied you'll notice I said repair as well.
(Dec. 31, 2020  7:00 PM)God Dragruler Wrote: I'll say this though a hey breaking is not an issue . it's how it's broken sure it's a sport that this will happen but theirs s differences between breaking a bey an a intenses battle and breaking it just for the fun of it cause you feel like it.

Just breaking it in a intense battle is fine, happened with Valt and Xander in the manga. Doing it on purpose cause you want to see kids cry is not fine.
Basically it's like breaking someones property.
(Dec. 31, 2020  7:02 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: Basically it's like breaking someones property.

I mean kinda. Its let with pets almost, technically you own it but you still have a mutual bond. How would you like it if I put your dog in a coma because I wanted to see you cry?
Well we all agree breaking Beys is unforgivable, which valt had already stated.
(Dec. 31, 2020  6:59 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Gwyn is a bit complex. I'd his main goal was finding out how friendship makes your power level higher.

I think it was a bit different. To me he seemed to have a clear superiority complex. I think that he wanted to prove that math  (and by extension himself) was clearly superior to the emotional invested people around him. Beyblade comes into this because of resonance, beyblade is best mastered when one obtains complete synchronization of their bey. Gwynn used beyblade as an outing for his ego as well as a showcase for the point he was trying to prove. By continuously thrashing and defeating the beys of people who were emotionally involved, Gwynn gained reassurance and asserted his dominance. This is also why he wants to destroy Dragon because destroying a bey can be considered a perfect way of enforcing superiority over someone else.
(Dec. 31, 2020  7:05 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: Well we all agree breaking Beys is unforgivable, which valt had already stated.

I was actually about to quote Valt saying that lol.