Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

I think God is slightly better than Burst 1 imo. I also like Cho-Z more than GT.
(Aug. 23, 2020  3:49 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: I think God is slightly better than Burst 1 imo. I also like Cho-Z more than GT.
Just out of curiosity why do you like god more i just want to know from your prospective for me S1 is superior because many actions has it's consequences
Personally I do also think S1 is better than God. At one point in God the results of battles  became a little bit predictable which isn’t a huge deal, but nonetheless is still an existent factor.
(Aug. 23, 2020  4:04 PM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  3:49 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: I think God is slightly better than Burst 1 imo. I also like Cho-Z more than GT.
Just out of curiosity why do you like god more i just want to know from your prospective for me S1 is superior because many actions has it's consequences

I guess it's because of Valt's evolution as a team leader. God built on Season 1 Valt, which is why I like it more, but ever so slightly like I said. A soft tie in my eyes.

Also, can I say how ironic this is? Didn't everyone used to complain that Valt lost too much? Now we arguably have worse with some characters being too op and almost everyone loves him.

I feel like some characters are more appreciated when you look at them in the future not the past. I the heat of the moment, I hated Aiga, but now I'm kinda glad he did something new for a burst protag. Doesn't make it completely amazing, but I parts of it were nice.
(Aug. 23, 2020  8:28 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  4:04 PM)Needforspeed Wrote: Just out of curiosity why do you like god more i just want to know from your prospective for me S1 is superior because many actions has it's consequences

I guess it's because of Valt's evolution as a team leader. God built on Season 1 Valt, which is why I like it more, but ever so slightly like I said. A soft tie in my eyes.

Also, can I say how ironic this is? Didn't everyone used to complain that Valt lost too much? Now we arguably have worse with some characters being too op and almost everyone loves him.

I feel like some characters are more appreciated when you look at them in the future not the past. I  the heat of the moment, I hated Aiga, but now I'm kinda glad he did something new for a burst protag. Doesn't make it completely amazing, but I parts of it were nice.

I find that to be the case with a number of people. For myself, I loved Valt and how they handled his journey from the beginning. In all honesty, I see S1 and S2 as one story. S2 is an excellent build on what was done in S1 and it continued the story so naturally.
(Aug. 23, 2020  8:28 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  4:04 PM)Needforspeed Wrote: Just out of curiosity why do you like god more i just want to know from your prospective for me S1 is superior because many actions has it's consequences

I feel like some characters are more appreciated when you look at them in the future not the past. I  the heat of the moment, I hated Aiga, but now I'm kinda glad he did something new for a burst protag. Doesn't make it completely amazing, but I parts of it were nice.
Good point there but Imo God was Lacking in story not because of Valt but because of Red Eye for me the red eye thing was a mix bag because In the Anime Shu goal is to become stronger in order to fulfill his promise like how he gave everything out to beat Wakiya/lui even making spriggan crack/destroy then in matter of months he does ditch that which feels kinda forced and unrealistic if the put a scene where shu is jealous to valt power growth it been much more realistic than jealous seeing free beat him cuz his not that type of guy
(Aug. 24, 2020  1:54 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  8:28 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: I guess it's because of Valt's evolution as a team leader. God built on Season 1 Valt, which is why I like it more, but ever so slightly like I said. A soft tie in my eyes.

Good point there but Imo God was Lacking in story not because of Valt but because of Red Eye for me the red eye thing was a mix bag because In the Anime Shu goal is to become stronger in order to fulfill his promise like how he gave everything out to beat Wakiya/lui even making spriggan crack/destroy then in matter of months he does ditch that which feels kinda forced and unrealistic if the put a scene where shu is jealous to valt power growth it been much more realistic than jealous seeing free beat him cuz his not that type of guy

Actually, when you examine it, what happened to Shu makes sense. He failed not once but two years in a row to take down Lui and failed to keep his promise to meet Valt in the finals and then got crushed by Free. Ashtem preyed on Shu's ambition with the promise of greater power. Ashtem got to him at his time of maximum vulnerability which lead to his becoming Red Eye. All in an effort to get stronger, little did he know that it would lead to disastrous consequences. All of that coupled with Valt's continued growth as a blader made Evolution a fantastic season and continuation of the story set by season 1. For me it's all one story really, S1 flowed so naturally into S2. They're on par for me. Both were excellent.
(Aug. 24, 2020  3:10 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Aug. 24, 2020  1:54 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: Good point there but Imo God was Lacking in story not because of Valt but because of Red Eye for me the red eye thing was a mix bag because In the Anime Shu goal is to become stronger in order to fulfill his promise like how he gave everything out to beat Wakiya/lui even making spriggan crack/destroy then in matter of months he does ditch that which feels kinda forced and unrealistic if the put a scene where shu is jealous to valt power growth it been much more realistic than jealous seeing free beat him cuz his not that type of guy

Actually, when you examine it, what happened to Shu makes sense. He failed not once but two years in a row to take down Lui and failed to keep his promise to meet Valt in the finals and then got crushed by Free. Ashtem preyed on Shu's ambition with the promise of greater power. Ashtem got to him at his time of maximum vulnerability which lead to his becoming Red Eye. All in an effort to get stronger, little did he know that it would lead to disastrous consequences. All of that coupled with Valt's continued growth as a blader made Evolution a fantastic season and continuation of the story set by season 1.

I think it makes perfect sense of what happened to him because all of his loses add more fuel to the fire that is his jealousy, furthermore it makes him the perfect candidate to become a villain.
It really does. Shu has always been obsessed with getting stronger, and those series of losses lead him to take it too far. Ashtem recognized his obsession and took advantage of it.
(Aug. 24, 2020  3:18 AM)Admiral W Wrote: It really does. Shu has always been obsessed with getting stronger, and those series of losses lead him to take it too far. Ashtem recognized his obsession and took advantage of it.
I've been rewatching Season 1 and 2 and doesn't really flow that well imo
(Aug. 24, 2020  4:20 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Aug. 24, 2020  3:18 AM)Admiral W Wrote: It really does. Shu has always been obsessed with getting stronger, and those series of losses lead him to take it too far. Ashtem recognized his obsession and took advantage of it.
I've been rewatching Season 1 and 2 and doesn't really flow that well imo

What exactly isn't flowing well to you?
(Aug. 24, 2020  4:36 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Aug. 24, 2020  4:20 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: I've been rewatching Season 1 and 2 and doesn't really flow that well imo

What exactly isn't flowing well to you?
The red eye event

But when is Ashram going to return. He hinted it at the end of God that he would. But why hasn't he? It would be a cool twist if Ashram was revealed to be the one that gave Lane Uranus.
(Aug. 24, 2020  5:12 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Aug. 24, 2020  4:36 AM)Admiral W Wrote: What exactly isn't flowing well to you?
The red eye event

But why isn't it flowing for you? He lost to Lui two years in a row then went overseas to get stronger and got crushed by Free. And at that moment of maximum vulnerability, Ashtem dangled an opportunity for greater power before him, knowing he would jump at it, which he did. Therefore becoming Red Eye. What about that doesn't flow well?
(Aug. 24, 2020  5:29 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Aug. 24, 2020  5:12 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: The red eye event

But why isn't it flowing for you? He lost to Lui two years in a row then went overseas to get stronger and got crushed by Free. And at that moment of maximum vulnerability, Ashtem dangled an opportunity for greater power before him, knowing he would jump at it, which he did. Therefore becoming Red Eye. What about that doesn't flow well?
Shu in S1 is not like that he knows what's good and what's not and that's him (near-perfect) and that's my problem with anime shu becoming evil in his reputation doesn't make sense i mean we didn't see him do anything selfish for power imo while the manga display his power hungry side better imo

Anyway I don't know about you guys but how do you think about joshua?

Imo he is a very fun character I mean making a not perfect Annoying character Is much more welcome than mindless OP character
I would think it would be cool if Burst pulled a Doji and have Ashtem come back in sparking to train lane in the dark arts of beyblade
(Aug. 24, 2020  1:26 PM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Aug. 24, 2020  5:29 AM)Admiral W Wrote: But why isn't it flowing for you? He lost to Lui two years in a row then went overseas to get stronger and got crushed by Free. And at that moment of maximum vulnerability, Ashtem dangled an opportunity for greater power before him, knowing he would jump at it, which he did. Therefore becoming Red Eye. What about that doesn't flow well?
Shu in S1 is not like that he knows what's good and what's not and that's him (near-perfect) and that's my problem with anime shu becoming evil in his reputation doesn't make sense i mean we didn't see him do anything selfish for power imo while the manga display his power hungry side better imo

Anyway I don't know about you guys but how do you think about joshua?

Imo he is a very fun character I mean making a not perfect Annoying character Is much more welcome than mindless OP character

The thing about that situation is, Shu didn't know where accepting Ashtem's offer would lead.  Ashtem's offer wasn't inherently bad, he offered Shu a way to get stronger, not knowing the consequences that would befall him, Shu accepted the offer and fell right into Ashtem's trap.
Random thought: Didn't Theodore Glass/ Ashtem tell Kristina he would return back in Evolution...
(Aug. 26, 2020  3:18 PM)Apollo17 Wrote: Random thought: Didn't Theodore Glass/ Ashtem tell Kristina he would return back in Evolution...

Yeah? So? People say nonsense all the time.
(Aug. 26, 2020  3:37 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2020  3:18 PM)Apollo17 Wrote: Random thought: Didn't Theodore Glass/ Ashtem tell Kristina he would return back in Evolution...

Yeah? So? People say nonsense all the time.
I guess you're right. But it would be cool if he actually did come back.
(Aug. 26, 2020  3:54 PM)Apollo17 Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2020  3:37 PM)g2_ Wrote: Yeah? So? People say nonsense all the time.
Indeed, but I dont think he will.
(Aug. 26, 2020  3:54 PM)Apollo17 Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2020  3:37 PM)g2_ Wrote: Yeah? So? People say nonsense all the time.

There might be a way. What if Shu gives up on teaching Lane and then Ashtem places him through requiem project.
(Aug. 26, 2020  5:40 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2020  3:54 PM)Apollo17 Wrote: I guess you're right. But it would be cool if he actually did come back.
Indeed, but I dont think he will.
Missed opportunity to bring back another real villain tbh.
(Aug. 26, 2020  5:54 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2020  5:40 PM)g2_ Wrote: Indeed, but I dont think he will.
Missed opportunity to bring back another real villain tbh.

Who knows he might pull a Doji
(Aug. 26, 2020  5:57 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2020  5:54 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Missed opportunity to bring back another real villain tbh.

Who knows he might pull a Doji
I wanna believe it but Shu himself said that Lane is naturally aggressive/rude because he is obsessed with becoming more powerful and winning and that it was the reason why he took him in which makes me believe there are no external factors influencing Lanes turning. Based on that I don’t see any other role for Alexander.