Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Jul. 29, 2020  2:30 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2020  2:19 AM)snoc Wrote: It doesn't equal blading ability. He just used his smarts to create a very powerful bey and used his smarts to use it to its full potential, making him be very strong. He can create various strategies and launch angles to make his bey go at different trajectories. We've seen it happen before.

Yeah, its a great opening

But we didn't see him do those things. We saw him create his bey using math and trying to predict the outcome of a battle, but that was it. If your saying his smarts made him strong than that basically the same as saying his prowess in math gave him blading ability. It's still unreasonable for him to be so strong based solely on his knowledge of math. We've seen other really smart bladers but that intelligence didn't make them ridiculously strong. Naoki for example.

We do see him calculate all that stuff as i said. We don't need to see him doing it step by step for proof, its already implied he's doing those things as his void space is just him thinking in his head. And as I said his smarts don't give him all his blading ability, it just helps him draw out his beys potential. The other half of the blading coin is the actual bey itself, which we do see genesis as a large part of Gwyn's strength as well. Gwyn literally called out to Genesis to help him barely win a battle when his equations were wrong. You're misunderstanding what I'm saying.

edit: Also has JoMario pointed out he has a unique resonance with his bey but still has one, shown by superior turbo
(Jul. 29, 2020  2:30 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2020  2:19 AM)snoc Wrote: It doesn't equal blading ability. He just used his smarts to create a very powerful bey and used his smarts to use it to its full potential, making him be very strong. He can create various strategies and launch angles to make his bey go at different trajectories. We've seen it happen before.

Yeah, its a great opening

But we didn't see him do those things. We saw him create his bey using math and trying to predict the outcome of a battle, but that was it. If your saying his smarts made him strong than that basically the same as saying his prowess in math gave him blading ability. It's still unreasonable for him to be so strong based solely on his knowledge of math. We've seen other really smart bladers but that intelligence didn't make them ridiculously strong. Naoki for example.

I see Gwyn as a strong blader not just because of his math skills but also because he resonates with Genesis. He is shown multiple times talking with Genesis, and talking to the beys avatar is usually a sign of great resonance which might also explain his Superior Turbo. He has a unique resonance with his bey, and along with being very good at math makes him a strong blader. Not the strongest, but still pretty strong
(Jul. 29, 2020  2:33 AM)snoc Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2020  2:30 AM)Admiral W Wrote: But we didn't see him do those things. We saw him create his bey using math and trying to predict the outcome of a battle, but that was it. If your saying his smarts made him strong than that basically the same as saying his prowess in math gave him blading ability. It's still unreasonable for him to be so strong based solely on his knowledge of math. We've seen other really smart bladers but that intelligence didn't make them ridiculously strong. Naoki for example.

We do see him calculate all that stuff as i said. We don't need to see him doing it step by step for proof, its already implied he's doing those things as his void space is just him thinking in his head. And as I said his smarts don't give him all his blading ability, it just helps him draw out his beys potential. The other half of the blading coin is the actual bey itself, which we do see genesis as a large part of Gwyn's strength as well. Gwyn literally called out to Genesis to help him barely win a battle when his equations were wrong. You're misunderstanding what I'm saying.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding. When he's in the void, we've seen him talking to Genesis or making predictions. I don't remember him saying that he was calculating a trajectory or distance. We can assume he's doing that, but then that would be a theory not fact. With someone like Ren-Wu see him estimating the distance, we don't have to speculate because we see him doing it.
(Jul. 29, 2020  2:38 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2020  2:33 AM)snoc Wrote: We do see him calculate all that stuff as i said. We don't need to see him doing it step by step for proof, its already implied he's doing those things as his void space is just him thinking in his head. And as I said his smarts don't give him all his blading ability, it just helps him draw out his beys potential. The other half of the blading coin is the actual bey itself, which we do see genesis as a large part of Gwyn's strength as well. Gwyn literally called out to Genesis to help him barely win a battle when his equations were wrong. You're misunderstanding what I'm saying.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding. When he's in the void, we've seen him talking to Genesis or making predictions. I don't remember him saying that he was calculating a trajectory or distance. We can assume he's doing that, but then that would be a theory not fact. With someone like Ren-Wu see him estimating the distance, we don't have to speculate because we see him doing it.

Its not just a theory, its implied and shown. He's talking to Genesis yes, but you can can also see all the equations gwyn has made in the space with him and hes looking at them, hes calculating various stuff to see who will win as well as just trusting genesis to come out on top.
(Jul. 29, 2020  2:40 AM)snoc Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2020  2:38 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Perhaps I am misunderstanding. When he's in the void, we've seen him talking to Genesis or making predictions. I don't remember him saying that he was calculating a trajectory or distance. We can assume he's doing that, but then that would be a theory not fact. With someone like Ren-Wu see him estimating the distance, we don't have to speculate because we see him doing it.

Its not just a theory, its implied and shown. He's talking to Genesis yes, but you can can also see all the equations gwyn has made in the space with him and hes looking at them, hes calculating various stuff to see who will win as well as just trusting genesis to come out on top.

I remember him making predictions in the void, but I'm talking about his estimating distances, or trajectories for his launch. Is there any indication he's doing that? Because those numbers could be for all kinds of things.
(Jul. 29, 2020  2:44 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2020  2:40 AM)snoc Wrote: Its not just a theory, its implied and shown. He's talking to Genesis yes, but you can can also see all the equations gwyn has made in the space with him and hes looking at them, hes calculating various stuff to see who will win as well as just trusting genesis to come out on top.

I remember him making predictions in the void, but I'm talking about his estimating distances, or trajectories for his launch. Is there any indication he's doing that? Because those numbers could be for all kinds of things.

Yeah, hes calculating it among various other things, its implied. It doesn't specifically show he is calculating these things and how he's calculating these things but its implied he's calculating everyone necessary to make a true predictions, which are right 99% of the time (in the manga they're actually always right). And obviously if you really want you proof about everything he's calculating you could always just translate every single calculation,attempt to understand it, and relay it to what he's trying to discover with the calculation but no ones insane enough to that......I think anyways. 

Here's a short version: Its shown that he's calculating everything with Genesis to make a predictions. It obviously doesn't have to tell us what he's doing and go through and explain each thing he's doing, but its just implied he's calculating everything.
From what I remember, when he's in that void he's either talking with Genesis or making a prediction. Is there an instance when he's particularly estimating a distance or trajectory for his launch?

In season 2 of burst we see clearly what Ren-Wu is doing. We don't have to guess. With this, were having to assume that's what he's doing.

(Jul. 29, 2020  2:49 AM)Admiral W Wrote: From what I remember, when he's in that void he's either talking with Genesis or making a prediction. Is there an instance when he's particularly estimating a distance or trajectory for his launch?

In season 2 of burst we see clearly what Ren-Wu is doing. We don't have to guess. With this, were having to assume that's what he's doing.

Yeah we see him calculating trajectories, cause thats all Ren Wu is doing. Gwyn is calculating everything however he's multi tasking by talking to genesis at the same time, but its still shown he's calculating visualized by the various equations in the space. Gwyn talks with Genesis while calculating which he does in seconds, finishes off the conversation than makes a prediction. It just focuses more on Gwyn floating and talking cause would you rather see Gwyn looking at, studying, and developing a super long college level equation you cant even read or see him floating in a cool space and talking too his bey, obviously you wanna see the later. That's why they focus more on that rather than show every single calculation he's doing. Ren Wu visualizes the beys, Gwyn visualizes the equations.
(Jul. 29, 2020  2:49 AM)Admiral W Wrote: From what I remember, when he's in that void he's either talking with Genesis or making a prediction. Is there an instance when he's particularly estimating a distance or trajectory for his launch?

In season 2 of burst we see clearly what Ren-Wu is doing. We don't have to guess. With this, were having to assume that's what he's 
renwu did it in the manga tho
(Jul. 29, 2020  3:05 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:

In season 2 of burst we see clearly what Ren-Wu is doing. We don't have to guess. With this, were having to assume that's what he's 
renwu did it in the manga tho

Yeah cause as I said Ren Wu is visualizing beys. Gwyn is visualizing equations and doing them, while talking to Genesis. They're gonna focus more on him talking with Genesis cause its more interesting than see a kid doing random insane equations in a matter of like 2 seconds.
(Jul. 29, 2020  3:03 AM)snoc Wrote:

Yeah we see him calculating trajectories, cause thats all Ren Wu is doing. Gwyn is calculating everything however he's multi tasking by talking to genesis at the same time, but its still shown he's calculating visualized by the various equations in the space. Gwyn talks with Genesis while calculating which he does in seconds, finishes off the conversation than makes a prediction. It just focuses more on Gwyn floating and talking cause would you rather see Gwyn looking at, studying, and developing a super long college level equation you cant even read or see him floating in a cool space and talking too his bey, obviously you wanna see the later. That's why they focus more on that rather than show every single calculation he's doing. Ren Wu visualizes the beys, Gwyn visualizes the equations.

But that's partly my point; the trajectory part is not clear. We're assuming that part of what's he's doing. Assumption=theory. The only thing that's clear is that he talks to Genesis and makes predictions. Without clarify than it's an assumption. Either way, I don't think the math justifies his strength. Taking out both Delta and Drum, both very powerful bladers after only a few days of blading experience under his belt. Doesn't seem reasonable to me.
(Jul. 29, 2020  3:08 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2020  3:03 AM)snoc Wrote: Yeah we see him calculating trajectories, cause thats all Ren Wu is doing. Gwyn is calculating everything however he's multi tasking by talking to genesis at the same time, but its still shown he's calculating visualized by the various equations in the space. Gwyn talks with Genesis while calculating which he does in seconds, finishes off the conversation than makes a prediction. It just focuses more on Gwyn floating and talking cause would you rather see Gwyn looking at, studying, and developing a super long college level equation you cant even read or see him floating in a cool space and talking too his bey, obviously you wanna see the later. That's why they focus more on that rather than show every single calculation he's doing. Ren Wu visualizes the beys, Gwyn visualizes the equations.

But that's partly my point; the trajectory part is not clear. We're assuming that part of what's he's doing. Assumption=theory. Either way, I don't think the math justifies his strength. Taking out both Delta and Drum, both very powerful bladers after only a few days of blading experience under his belt. Doesn't seem reasonable to me.

Yes its not clear, but its already shown he's doing all those things. Its not specifically zoning in on each one, but hes calculating the stuff. And as I said previously math doesn't make him strong, it just helps him bring out his bey to his full potential. Genesis is also a big part of Gwyn's strength and they have a very strong bond, shown by Superior Turbo.
(Jul. 29, 2020  3:09 AM)snoc Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2020  3:08 AM)Admiral W Wrote: But that's partly my point; the trajectory part is not clear. We're assuming that part of what's he's doing. Assumption=theory. Either way, I don't think the math justifies his strength. Taking out both Delta and Drum, both very powerful bladers after only a few days of blading experience under his belt. Doesn't seem reasonable to me.

Yes its not clear, but its already shown he's doing all those things. Its not specifically zoning in on each one, but hes calculating the stuff. And as I said previously math doesn't make him strong, it just helps him bring out his bey to his full potential. Genesis is also a big part of Gwyn's strength and they have a very strong bond, shown by Superior Turbo.

Since it wasn't shown and no clarity was given to it, I don't put stock in him doing it. Specifically for his own launching techniques. If we'd seen him doing it for his own launching technique, then we would have seen the math actually doing something for his blading.
(Jul. 29, 2020  3:14 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2020  3:09 AM)snoc Wrote: Yes its not clear, but its already shown he's doing all those things. Its not specifically zoning in on each one, but hes calculating the stuff. And as I said previously math doesn't make him strong, it just helps him bring out his bey to his full potential. Genesis is also a big part of Gwyn's strength and they have a very strong bond, shown by Superior Turbo.

Since it wasn't shown and no clarity was given to it, I don't put stock in him doing it. Specifically for his own launching techniques. If we'd seen him doing it for his own launching technique, then we would have seen the math actually doing something for his blading.

It was kinda weird for him to become so skilled so fast. Math doesn't equal skill at all. Just a hecka load of talent to pull off a good launch once and do it consistently. For a newbie to pull out Superior Turbo right off the bat kinda seems like some plot armor to me. Granted they probably sped his growth up due to shortened time, but man, that was too fast.
How does Kenta get flash sagitarrio in the manga
(Jul. 29, 2020  4:26 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2020  3:14 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Since it wasn't shown and no clarity was given to it, I don't put stock in him doing it. Specifically for his own launching techniques. If we'd seen him doing it for his own launching technique, then we would have seen the math actually doing something for his blading.

It was kinda weird for him to become so skilled so fast. Math doesn't equal skill at all. Just a hecka load of talent to pull off a good launch once and do it consistently. For a newbie to pull out Superior Turbo right off the bat kinda seems like some plot armor to me. Granted they probably sped his growth up due to shortened time, but man, that was too fast.

I absolutely agree. I think your the only person who gets it lol.
(Jul. 29, 2020  4:34 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2020  4:26 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: It was kinda weird for him to become so skilled so fast. Math doesn't equal skill at all. Just a hecka load of talent to pull off a good launch once and do it consistently. For a newbie to pull out Superior Turbo right off the bat kinda seems like some plot armor to me. Granted they probably sped his growth up due to shortened time, but man, that was too fast.

I absolutely agree. I think your the only person who gets it lol.
I mean, surely math had to be one of the causes of his sudden power boost, why else would he gain strength so fast? Yes, plot armour is one reason but I wouldn’t say math doesn’t equal skill in the fictional beyblade universe? The writers/Morita obviously involved the concept of math for a reason. Gwynn’s whole goal was to effectively prove his calculations were perfect and superior to friendship, emotion and real bonding and while his use of math definitely made him strong, it was proven that his calculations didn’t truly make his blading perfect as he predicted and at the end of the day friendship prevailed. As for superior turbo, surely it has some meaning/cause since gold turbo and dark turbo do.

Gold turbo: occurs when the blader and bey have a super strong bond and want to battle as one.

Dark Turbo: The same as gold turbo but it instead is fuelled by an evil bond made up of negative emotions/desires.

Superior turbo (my interpretation) an artificial bond 
created by (seemingly) math and a bey/blader who work towards a common goal but are not particularly friends/close partners (implied from Gwynns interactions with genesis).

Apart from math we also have to consider the fact that Gwynn based his beys design on both Prime apocalypse and Imperial Dragon, two beys that were extremely powerful at that time.
I still find the gold/dark/superior/rainbow turbo thing dumb because they explain it only once with no specification which leads to many debates
(Jul. 29, 2020  5:23 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: I still find the gold/dark/superior/rainbow turbo thing dumb because they explain it only once with no specification which leads to many debates

To me Gold/dark/superior And rainbow turbo are Just some fancy or cooler way to say resonance to be honest. I dont really see the difference the fuction is basically the same. Just like that flare thing lane have might end up being the same
(Jul. 29, 2020  4:26 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2020  3:14 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Since it wasn't shown and no clarity was given to it, I don't put stock in him doing it. Specifically for his own launching techniques. If we'd seen him doing it for his own launching technique, then we would have seen the math actually doing something for his blading.

I think they had Gwyn so naturally talented and skilled to create a theme that hard work (Drum) can beat natural talent (Gwyn)
(Jul. 29, 2020  6:36 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2020  4:26 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: It was kinda weird for him to become so skilled so fast. Math doesn't equal skill at all. Just a hecka load of talent to pull off a good launch once and do it consistently. For a newbie to pull out Superior Turbo right off the bat kinda seems like some plot armor to me. Granted they probably sped his growth up due to shortened time, but man, that was too fast.

I think they had Gwyn so naturally talented and skilled to create a theme that hard work (Drum) can beat natural talent (Gwyn)
That is basically the antagonist and protagonists dynamic
(Jul. 29, 2020  6:44 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2020  6:36 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I think they had Gwyn so naturally talented and skilled to create a theme that hard work (Drum) can beat natural talent (Gwyn)
That is basically the antagonist and protagonists dynamic
I think 6Jupiter5 actually has a good point. I wouldn’t say they always have natural talent.
(Jul. 29, 2020  5:05 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2020  4:34 AM)Admiral W Wrote: I absolutely agree. I think your the only person who gets it lol.
I mean, surely math had to be one of the causes of his sudden power boost, why else would he gain strength so fast? Yes, plot armour is one reason but I wouldn’t say math doesn’t equal skill in the fictional beyblade universe? The writers/Morita obviously involved the concept of math for a reason. Gwynn’s whole goal was to effectively prove his calculations were perfect and superior to friendship, emotion and real bonding and while his use of math definitely made him strong, it was proven that his calculations didn’t truly make his blading perfect as he predicted and at the end of the day friendship prevailed. As for superior turbo, surely it has some meaning/cause since gold turbo and dark turbo do.

Gold turbo: occurs when the blader and bey have a super strong bond and want to battle as one.

Dark Turbo: The same as gold turbo but it instead is fuelled by an evil bond made up of negative emotions/desires.

created by (seemingly) math and a bey/blader who work towards a common goal but are not particularly friends/close partners (implied from Gwynns interactions with genesis).

Apart from math we also have to consider the fact that Gwynn based his beys design on both Prime apocalypse and Imperial Dragon, two beys that were extremely powerful at that time.

My gripe is that his level of power is unreasonable to me. After only a couple of days he's destroying bladers left and right all due to math?  I can't subscribe to that. It's too ridiculous.
(Jul. 29, 2020  12:36 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2020  5:05 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I mean, surely math had to be one of the causes of his sudden power boost, why else would he gain strength so fast? Yes, plot armour is one reason but I wouldn’t say math doesn’t equal skill in the fictional beyblade universe? The writers/Morita obviously involved the concept of math for a reason. Gwynn’s whole goal was to effectively prove his calculations were perfect and superior to friendship, emotion and real bonding and while his use of math definitely made him strong, it was proven that his calculations didn’t truly make his blading perfect as he predicted and at the end of the day friendship prevailed. As for superior turbo, surely it has some meaning/cause since gold turbo and dark turbo do.

My gripe is that his level of power is unreasonable to me. After only a couple of days he's destroying bladers left and right all due to math?  I can't subscribe to that. It's too ridiculous.

Well physics at least in real life can be used to improve a beys performance; so it is entirely possible that gwyn designed a bey that was strong from the physics perspective
(Jul. 29, 2020  12:39 PM)Vtryuga Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2020  12:36 PM)Admiral W Wrote: My gripe is that his level of power is unreasonable to me. After only a couple of days he's destroying bladers left and right all due to math?  I can't subscribe to that. It's too ridiculous.

Well physics at least in real life can be used to improve a beys performance; so it is entirely possible that gwyn designed a bey that was strong from the physics perspective

I don't particularly mind that. He still shouldn't have been as strong as he was.