Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

The Bakuten series dub at least was entertaining and had more dialogue variety, MFB was bland and annoying and repeated many words, I cannot stand most of their voices.
Then you at least hate the Metal Fight Beyblade anime as a whole, because most of the script and all the music is exactly from the original version. In Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, what you mention liking was never even part of the actual story ever, you like a grotesque invention. The Bakuten Shoot original version and the dub are probably among the farthest of all dub-original relations in all anime.

The music from Bakuten Shoot's dub, especially some songs, were decent and can definitely be up to personal taste, but you have to see the dub as a whole compared to the original version to realise that Nelvana gave themselves way too many editorial rights, for just a dub.
(Oct. 20, 2015  2:21 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Then you at least hate the Metal Fight Beyblade anime as a whole, because most of the script and all the music is exactly from the original version. In Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, what you mention liking was never even part of the actual story ever, you like a grotesque invention. The Bakuten Shoot original version and the dub are probably among the farthest of all dub-original relations in all anime.

The music from Bakuten Shoot's dub, especially some songs, were decent and can definitely be up to personal taste, but you have to see the dub as a whole compared to the original version to realise that Nelvana gave themselves way too many editorial rights, for just a dub.

It's probably the voices that make the dialogue unbearable, the raw version or subbed version I can watch, though 4D is still not great either way. Its not to say I completely hate the script, more of just not liking it. I said the original series dub was more entertaining, it doesn't necessarily mean its better written but I found the dub just way more fun to watch than the Metal Saga, even though I liked Metal Fight and Explosion. Yeah the Bakuten dub was not faithful to the original, in this case, I do not care, though I think it can only be enjoyed if someone started with the dub or if they can remove the Bakuten Shoot Title and look at it as some weird new series. At the very least the dub, no matter how bad it can get will never be as bad as the spin offs and NO ONE can change my mind on that, it just happens to be my personal preference. The soundtracks from the dubbed version is to me, pretty catchy, and apparently, many people who use them as BG music on Youtube must think so as well.

That said, there are a few things I have to criticize about the dub, the background music isn't as action packed or well composed, the raw version was awesome, but the dub version's background music makes me either cheesed out or cringe. Even though the Metal Saga has a few repetitive dialogue, its more faithful to it but that's not the main problem, they tend to use the "You mess with the bull, you get the horns" SO... MANY... TIMES! Along with a few others.

I just happen to be the person who enjoys Cardcaptors even though I heard the dub changed the original so much. Thats not to say I'll like every changed things from dubs, and my opinion of the Beyblade dub probably came from the fact I saw the dubbed version first and liked it and perhaps it'll change when I see the original, but I'll wait till all of it gets subbed.
(Oct. 20, 2015  2:21 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Then you at least hate the Metal Fight Beyblade anime as a whole, because most of the script and all the music is exactly from the original version. In Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, what you mention liking was never even part of the actual story ever, you like a grotesque invention. The Bakuten Shoot original version and the dub are probably among the farthest of all dub-original relations in all anime.

I'd really like to see more subs come out.
The score in Japanese G-Revolution was great; and the characters didn't seem as cheesy.
A little more serious.
Although I think the dub works a little better with the 2000 series. The American-esque artstyle fits.

Then again, I think I'll always defend the Bakuten dub since it has a lot of nostalgia for me.
(Oct. 21, 2015  6:47 AM)Neo Wrote:

I'd really like to see more subs come out.
The score in Japanese G-Revolution was great; and the characters didn't seem as cheesy.
A little more serious.
Although I think the dub works a little better with the 2000 series. The American-esque artstyle fits.

Then again, I think I'll always defend the Bakuten dub since it has a lot of nostalgia for me.

I'd say take off your rose coloured glasses, but the Bakuten dub does actually work best on the first series.
Would have a hard time disagreeing with Kai-V that the season 1 dub is one of the worst I've ever seen. "Grotesque invention" is right.

And whatever you think of the dub's music (which has some catchy tunes), the fact is that S1 has a beautiful, fully-orchestrated soundtrack and to scrap it in favour of some stock music and cheesy rock-rap wannabe hits is a bit of a travesty.
(Oct. 21, 2015  3:30 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Would have a hard time disagreeing with Kai-V that the season 1 dub is one of the worst I've ever seen. "Grotesque invention" is right.

And whatever you think of the dub's music (which has some catchy tunes), the fact is that S1 has a beautiful, fully-orchestrated soundtrack and to scrap it in favour of some stock music and cheesy rock-rap wannabe hits is a bit of a travesty.

That all depends on people's taste in music, but I think pretty much all of us should love some orchestral music, I like both in their own right and I think the music for the dub does suit the art style of the first season rather than the orchestral ones, which is more suited for G-rev, except the segments with the Russian team from the first series which I see it working in more as they're the darker parts of the series. It however is the overall better composed music and didn't make me cringe like the dubs music.

However I don't like the botched up Ming Ming song from dub, I LOVED the original Kira Kira Revolution song but the other one, EWWWWW!
What little I've seen of the MFB dub, I could not stand. It's cool to see that the script is closer and they kept Japanese names alone, but the voices for Benkei and Ginga drove me nuts. Bakuten Shoot looks amazing in comparison... most of the time. David Reale(Kai) really botched the Brooklyn battle.

The music is a weird thing. Nelvana stuck their hands in the pot and now the guy who worked on the Bakuten Shoot replacement score was handling it. I didn't find it particularly intrusive, but I wouldn't give them points for not replacing something they already paid for.
I remember none of the Team BBA members being dubbed well, from their voices to the fact that Nelvana was using the passing band method back then to tell voice actors when to say something and for how long. Terrible. If anybody's voices were irritating, it was theirs.
What does "passing band" mean?
I personally liked Kai's English voice, since he looks more adult or a least more of an older teenager compared to the rest. I'm not sure how I feel about Takaos english voice but I wasn't irritated, nor was I for any of the BBA members, especially compared to the HORRENDOUS ones in MFB.
(Oct. 21, 2015  7:36 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I personally liked Kai's English voice, since he looks more adult or a least more of an older teenager compared to the rest.

He's 12. That said, I always though Rei had the best voice in the dub.
(Oct. 21, 2015  7:40 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2015  7:36 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I personally liked Kai's English voice, since he looks more adult or a least more of an older teenager compared to the rest.

I know, but in G-rev, I swear he looks 14-15. I know many anime character kids like Kyoya who was 13 in Metal Fight Beyblade looks 15, and it still confuses me.

Rei's voice was pretty cool though.
(Oct. 21, 2015  7:35 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: What does "passing band" mean?

Ah, a big sheet of paper rolling from right to left hah ?
I thought they were 14-15 in G-Rev? Ageing happened?
Unless Brad was referring to 2000.
Also, I love the og soundtrack. Just wishing for subs~
I was referring to 2000, sorry.

Kai-V, that's unbelievable. Wow.
(Oct. 21, 2015  7:45 PM)Neo Wrote: I thought they were 14-15 in G-Rev? Ageing happened?
Unless Brad was referring to 2000.
Also, I love the og soundtrack. Just wishing for subs~

I think he was, the original soundtrack is nice in it's own right, but using it for a Beyblade series? It sometimes works.
(Oct. 21, 2015  7:40 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Agreed, although maybe I thought Kai's voice was better when they started yelling? I'm not sure.
David Reale's yelling is horribly unfelt hah.
(Oct. 18, 2015  9:50 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: [Image: 2nlzkoo.jpg]

Well hey, seems like someone forgot that Rauls beyblade was blue, OOPS!

For a moment there I thought this was a fluke, after rewatching the match. It shows up for a brief moment but that shot exists, though that beyblade issue is similar to the Red Sharkrash, happens long enough to see it.
(Oct. 21, 2015  9:17 PM)Kai-V Wrote: David Reale's yelling is horribly unfelt hah.

His voice is admittingly more fitting for Tsubasa as it's closer to his Japanese version than to Kai's, the "yelling" does actually sound more like someone who is about to fall over.

@[Meta madness] a red Sharkrash? That's weird, perhaps they tried to make one of the cyber Beyblades and got mixed with Sharkrash... somehow.

I kinda wished Rick would have actually beaten Julia instead of Raul like the picture would show as the battle.
(Oct. 22, 2015  12:55 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2015  9:17 PM)Kai-V Wrote: David Reale's yelling is horribly unfelt hah.
@[Meta madness] a red Sharkrash? That's weird, perhaps they tried to make one of the cyber Beyblades and got mixed with Sharkrash... somehow.

I kinda wished Rick would have actually beaten Julia instead of Raul like the picture would show as the battle.

if only they were cybers...

rick was pretty OP as he was anyway, after Tala all of his matches were just defeats (Minus his last one), liked the dude was a
(Oct. 22, 2015  1:10 AM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2015  12:55 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:

rick was pretty OP as he was anyway, after Tala all of his matches were just defeats (Minus his last one), liked the dude was a

Yeah, it seemed as if after his battle against Kai he lost his edge, still pretty strong nonetheless. Would have liked to see that battle against Carlos with his knife beyblade, actually that does bring up one thing, I believe in one of the season 1 episodes, possibly episode 11, I saw a white version of the knifed Master Dragoon and it was just lying there with a bunch of spare Beyblades as if it were part of collection, at least that's what I saw, I forgot where I saw it though.
(Oct. 22, 2015  1:19 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2015  1:10 AM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2015  12:55 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: @[Meta madness] a red Sharkrash? That's weird, perhaps they tried to make one of the cyber Beyblades and got mixed with Sharkrash... somehow.

Yeah, it seemed as if after his battle against Kai he lost his edge, still pretty strong nonetheless. Would have liked to see that battle against Carlos with his knife beyblade, actually that does bring up one thing, I believe in one of the season 1 episodes, possibly episode 11, I saw a white version of the knifed Master Dragoon and it was just lying there with a bunch of spare Beyblades as if it were part of collection, at least that's what I saw, I forgot where I saw it though.

Nah, episode 11 is during the white tiger saga.

If it was during the carlos run of episodes it has to be pre-episode 9. Though if it was slashed it might have been from this or when kai smashed his bey.

(Oct. 22, 2015  1:27 AM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2015  1:19 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2015  1:10 AM)Meta madness Wrote: if only they were cybers...

Nah, episode 11 is during the white tiger saga.

If it was during the carlos run of episodes it has to be pre-episode 9. Though if it was slashed it might have been from this or when kai smashed his bey.

No, I meant as in I saw a beyblade that was like his modified beyblade on a desk, on some random episode, it wasn't a focus or anything and just laid there on the table with a few other blades.

I'm just surprised someone else had the exact same mod in white.