RSF Discussion

(Oct. 25, 2010  10:11 PM)Corey Wrote: Unedited RSF testing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICrH-WFgnm8

This video is now online.

Quality is terrible for some reason though.
Has it processed completely?
Youtube is telling me that it has, but probably not. (I'd rather rant about YT somewhere else though, so we can discuss RSF here)
Man, I just love this part.
Its fast, sleek and controlled.
Or not. Whatever I think I'll get it.
I see some potential, no?
Definitely. Potential top defensive bottom.
I can't even explain the feelings I am getting from that video.
It just looks so right. :0
Heh, I hope this'll start some better defense types. Attacks are way too dominative nowadays.
Actually not at all.
Most tournaments are dominated by Stam/Def. (Except for the Italian ones >_<)
The reason you see so many attack combos coming out is because of metagame and because their not dominant.
You can beat the other types with attack, but you need brad-like expertise.
(Oct. 26, 2010  3:39 AM)Dan Wrote: Actually not at all.
Most tournaments are dominated by Stam/Def. (Except for the Italian ones Pinching_eyes)
The reason you see so many attack combos coming out is because of metagame and because their not dominant.
You can beat the other types with attack, but you need brad-like expertise.

Heh, we do need "Brad-like" expertise.

I got the Attack "domination" from McFrown's "Takara-Tomy needs to find its bearings" topic, with "defense can't keep up, attack dominates." But seriously, RSF looks like a serious game changer.
Seeing as how I had read from Kai-V this information (Attacks rarely dominate tournaments, etc) I'd obviously think so as well.
Not as if anything has been disproven, of course, and yeah, for sure.
This will probably make Rock a useful wheel again. With the high recoil, and RSF preventing a KO, this could be a good Rock-based Attack/Defense Balance type, if you have the right track.

Edit: Attack types don't dominate because most people don't wanna risk self KO's with RF, R2F, and other attack tips. if everyone mastered the sliding shot, attack would dominate. Metal Flat will probably add more to be worried about... C'mon Screw Capricorne. Be released already!
Uh Rock was never a useful wheel.... There have always been better alternatives out there even before it was released. Also even if RSF does make it useful why would you use it when there are much better options....
It was useful for me...Until I got an Earth wheel. I still use it for attack purposes if I don't feel like using L-Drago.

Plus, it gets consistent KO's, but self KO's just as often, which RSF helps it with, as I said earlier. RSF will help it become a viable defense wheel, but on the basis of KO's, not outspin.
Sorry to crash the party guys but I made a video of MF - H Earth Bull GB145RSF VS MF Lightning L Drago 100RF and the results were completely different. It's almost scary how different my results are, but then again I think that this is the first lot of tests done with both combos being completely top-tier. Sorry Corey but I view MF Lightning L Drago 100RF as a far more effective smash attack combo then MF Ray Unicorno AD145RF.
(Oct. 29, 2010  3:03 PM)Fyuuor Wrote: Sorry to crash the party guys but I made a video of MF - H Earth Bull GB145RSF VS MF Lightning L Drago 100RF and the results were completely different. It's almost scary how different my results are, but then again I think that this is the first lot of tests done with both combos being completely top-tier. Sorry Corey but I view MF Lightning L Drago 100RF as a far more effective smash attack combo then MF Ray Unicorno AD145RF.
I think that proves RSF isn't that good in some cases.
P.S. If a RSF was worn out will it still be good?
(Oct. 29, 2010  3:23 PM)Flames150 Wrote: I think that proves RSF isn't that good in some cases.

I did some quick test and I think RSF only struggles against left spins and Vulcan. RSF held it's own pretty well against Quetz, Pegasus and Ray as they all had considerable trouble against RSF, they only achieved 2 KO's between the three of them.

(Oct. 29, 2010  3:23 PM)Flames150 Wrote: P.S. If a RSF was worn out will it still be good?

Nobody knows as nobody has worn down their RSF yet, I only got mine today so it's far from being worn out.
(Oct. 29, 2010  3:03 PM)Fyuuor Wrote: Sorry to crash the party guys but I made a video of MF - H Earth Bull GB145RSF VS MF Lightning L Drago 100RF and the results were completely different. It's almost scary how different my results are, but then again I think that this is the first lot of tests done with both combos being completely top-tier. Sorry Corey but I view MF Lightning L Drago 100RF as a far more effective smash attack combo then MF Ray Unicorno AD145RF.

Useful video. Also why would anyone use such a high track on ray anyway since it's been proven that it works best on low track like 100...
(Oct. 29, 2010  3:31 PM)Fyuuor Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2010  3:23 PM)Flames150 Wrote: I think that proves RSF isn't that good in some cases.

I did some quick test and I think RSF only struggles against left spins and Vulcan. RSF held it's own pretty well against Quetz, Pegasus and Ray as they all had considerable trouble against RSF, they only achieved 2 KO's between the three of them.
Which one did it lose to and what was its combination?

EDIT: Between the other three.
(Oct. 29, 2010  3:23 PM)Flames150 Wrote: P.S. If a RSF was worn out will it still be good?

Mine is somewhat worn, and it seems to move more than it used to. Sometimes it can get more KO'd others it's "like a spinning brick."
(Oct. 29, 2010  3:48 PM)OkiBlaze Wrote:

Mine is somewhat worn, and it seems to move more than it used to. Sometimes it can get more KO'd others it's "like a spinning brick."
XD Spinning brick! So does that mean its better worn out, or better new-ish?
so how exactly does it compare to RS. it has a little less defence, is bad against lightningL-drago, and has more stamina? i ordered a ray gill the other day so until then, what if you put the lightest parts on the rsf? like Ray/storm gemios/aries 100 RSF. this may show us how we can use it in later combos, i put alot of defence bottoms on this combo and it goes wild
All those 'attack' wheels you posted aren't that good. (Except Ray, of course) The way its moving doesn't like a breakthrough to me. :U
He never actually said they were attack wheels... Anyway I doubt RSF will bring out their attack potential if RF hasn't been able too. This kinda isn't true with the Aries combo someone came up with although it isn't competitive.
i know they arent good. im saying its a good way to see how much movement is caused by the bottom
i never had high hopes for the RSF as an attack, but a good way to see the movement caused by it is by putting the lightest parts on it. and by gemios/aries i meant hybrid wheels