RAAAAAAVE

So I'm in a bit of a rave mood. Mainly due to a lot of my friends going to SE1 tonight......which for some reason I'm not going to. I just never got around to getting tickets and I wasn't that bothered before but I really wish I'd gone now.....Crying Anyways, we were having a rave in the classroom to get in the mood and now I wanna listen to some rave-ish music. Something like Pendulum. Something that really makes me wanna dance.
So, anyone got any suggestions? Bands, albums or individual songs are all fine. Eee
I don't believe in the dancing part of "Rave" culture, but I do thoroughly enjoy the music. Sky High, Donkey Rollers, Bass Hunter (before he got popular), and Daft Punk are my favorites.
Why wouldn't you want to dance to a rave? That's pretty much what they're for (imo). D:
Maybe my definition of rave is wrong...........:\

Thanks though. Joyful_3
Why don't you listen to the beyblade song Rocky
(Jan. 23, 2009  9:48 PM)cutewolfsam Wrote: Why don't you listen to the beyblade song Rocky

Are you talking about the theme tune or Beyblade's Back? Either way, they're not rave. XD
(Jan. 23, 2009  9:36 PM)Rocky Wrote: Why wouldn't you want to dance to a rave? That's pretty much what they're for (imo). D:

Thanks though. Joyful_3

No, your right. I just don't like rave culture. Too centered around ecstasy (MDMA), and I would never be able to be in that large of a crowd. Anxiety issues.
(Jan. 23, 2009  10:06 PM)Evan Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2009  9:36 PM)Rocky Wrote: Why wouldn't you want to dance to a rave? That's pretty much what they're for (imo). D:

Thanks though. Joyful_3

No, your right. I just don't like rave culture. Too centered around ecstasy (MDMA), and I would never be able to be in that large of a crowd. Anxiety issues.

Aw......I kinda get what you mean. I get embarassed about dancing and I worry a lot so it takes me a while to unwind but once I've given into the music everything become fun. :3
(Jan. 23, 2009  10:09 PM)Rocky Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2009  10:06 PM)Evan Wrote:

Thanks though. Joyful_3

Aw......I kinda get what you mean. I get embarassed about dancing and I worry a lot so it takes me a while to unwind but once I've given into the music everything become fun. :3

Just don't be taking ex. I know someone who has been hospitalized for take PMDA (and ex substitute that dehydrates you even faster, drains electrolytes faster, and raises your core body temperature by like 2 degrees). I also have quite a few friends that have been hospitalized from real MDMA, either from overdose or dehydration or water poisoning.
(Jan. 23, 2009  10:17 PM)Evan Wrote: Just don't be taking ex. I know someone who has been hospitalized for take PMDA (and ex substitute that dehydrates you even faster, drains electrolytes faster, and raises your core body temperature by like 2 degrees). I also have quite a few friends that have been hospitalized from real MDMA, either from overdose or dehydration or water poisoning.

Don't worry I won't. Smile The most I'd do would be getting really drunk. I don't even smoke.
(Jan. 23, 2009  10:25 PM)Rocky Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2009  10:17 PM)Evan Wrote: Just don't be taking ex. I know someone who has been hospitalized for take PMDA (and ex substitute that dehydrates you even faster, drains electrolytes faster, and raises your core body temperature by like 2 degrees). I also have quite a few friends that have been hospitalized from real MDMA, either from overdose or dehydration or water poisoning.

Don't worry I won't. Smile The most I'd do would be getting really drunk. I don't even smoke.

Wise choice. I don't see the point of smoking tbh...

All I know though is http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XJFJ_q7J8gs

... =P

EDIT: By the way, I'm not a real fan of rave music, mostly because of the "culture" as I think has been noted before.
Haha. That hurts my brain. I quite like the music but gosh Navi can be irritating. XD

Also, I just realised how awesome 'I can walk on water, I can fly' by Bass Hunter is. I'm sure I've heard it before but not it aaaages. Thanks. Joyful_3
Not all Ravers take drugs yanno >_>. The whole point of music is to enjoy and express yourself.

And try not to be embarrassed with dancing, At the Dir en grey/MSI gig, I was dancing as I normally would and using as many Playstation home dance moves as possible XD, running man, chav rave,robot and body pop XD.

Rave suggestions (that you can find on youtube)

Band/Artist - Song

Delerium - Heavens earth
Colony 5 - Knives
Astrix - Underbeat
VNV Nation - Electronaut
Assemblage 23 - Binary
Aural Vampire - Darkwave Surfer or Freeze
Basshunter - en porrig sommar or trance up
Gigi D'agostino : Secret Arena Megamix
Code 64 - Run to you
Cosmicity - Sedgwick
Covenant - Call the ships to port
Goteki - We go chrome (timesplitters remix is amazing of this)
Headroom - Artificial Intelligence
Icon of coil - Floorkiller (shallow nation remix)
Infected mushroom - Vicious delicious
Les anges de la nuit - Enchantment
Lights of euphoira - One nation (syrian remix)
Prodigy - Vodoo people
Tomcraft - Overdose (lady radio version)

These are mostly rave and ebm types, if you like certain bands from the ones listed (like prodigy and icon of coil) you'd probably like the heavier industrial stuff. Hope you like :3
Wow thanks. I have a lot to check out. XD

Lol, I get embarassed pretty easily when it comes to singing, dancing, public speaking and acting. But the Robot? Hahaha. Sounds like you had fun then.
(Jan. 23, 2009  10:30 PM)Pikachao Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2009  10:25 PM)Rocky Wrote:

Wise choice. I don't see the point of smoking tbh...

All I know though is http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XJFJ_q7J8gs

... =P

EDIT: By the way, I'm not a real fan of rave music, mostly because of the "culture" as I think has been noted before.

An addiction to alcohol is much worse for you than an addiction to cigarettes. Cigarettes are also much easier to kick, though it's still very hard.

Getting shitfaced is much, much, much worse to your body than getting really high of pot as well.

Alcohol destroys the brain, liver, kidneys, and esophagus. It can create euphoria, but it's not guaranteed; instead of creating euphoria it intensifies what ever emotion you having. Decreases motor and cognitive skills. It also acts as a "truth serum" of sorts because you lose some fear of secrets, and even rational fears such as crossing roads, getting roofs, etc. It causes nausea and vomiting...and it tastes terrible. The only reason it is legal around the world is because of how rooted it is in culture. Especially in America. Same goes for cigarettes.

Cannabis Sativa subspec. Sativa/subspec. Indica protects against alzheimer's, increases appetite (which I need, since I'm 35 pounds underweight), increases caution, impairs motor skills slightly (not nearly as much as alcohol. I can run a marathon when I'm baked as hell, I can barley walk if I'm at the same level of drunkenness). It creates euphoria, no negative/depressing emotions. It can create paranoia, due to it being illegal. It also puts you into REM sleep, unlike alcohol. One downside is it increases mucus production, like any plant when smoked. It has no known carcinogens, and has not been linked to any cancers. There is an incredibly slight chance of developing emphysema, as with any smoke; but it's very low. It does not kill brain cells as many think, it simply lowers your short term memory for a few days. The only real reason marijuana is illegal in the United States is because in 1937 they passed the marijuana tax act, and never decided to print the tax stamps. Over time people started looking down on it, and decided it was "bad".

MDMA (ex, x, ecstasy, rolls, etc) creates a very intense euphoria, increased feelings of connection with those around you, and a sense of well being. It has been shown to severely increase anxiety and paranoia as well. It dehydrates your body, as well as draining electrolytes; so if you drink water you'll lose even more electrolytes and could possibly die of water poisoning. It, unlike cannabis, actually kills brain cells. And a lot of them.

To Brad, or anyone opposed to me posting something like this:

I was thinking about how you said there are kids here. Beyblade is targeted at kids 5-12, at that age they should have already gone through a D.A.R.E. type program at school and should be educated on drugs and alcohol. I'm not telling people to use it, I'm giving my input on legalization and the effects of certain drugs. To those reading this, do not use any substance that is not legal for you to use. This includes Marijuana, MDMA, Alcohol, Tobacco, and other illegal substances. At the end of the day, this is to educate and it is still up to those who read it if they want to try any substance.
Uwah......big scary post. I dunno if that was directed more at me or just the WBO in general but so you know, I rarely get drunk really. That was more of a worst case scenario. ^^;

Anyways.......could we get back on topic a bit now you've posted 'the truth'? Gasp
(Jan. 23, 2009  11:14 PM)Rocky Wrote: Uwah......big scary post. I dunno if that was directed more at me or just the WBO in general but so you know, I rarely get drunk really. That was more of a worst case scenario. ^^;

Anyways.......could we get back on topic a bit now you've posted 'the truth'? Gasp

Well, since rave culture is centered around drugs and feeling good, I would think that's still on topic.

I've been drunk twice. I hate it. I'm glad you don't do it often. It's a terrible drug, and when your addicted it's nearly as bad as heroine or other opiates.
(Jan. 23, 2009  11:17 PM)Evan Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2009  11:14 PM)Rocky Wrote: Uwah......big scary post. I dunno if that was directed more at me or just the WBO in general but so you know, I rarely get drunk really. That was more of a worst case scenario. ^^;

Well, since rave culture is centered around drugs and feeling good, I would think that's still on topic.

I've been drunk twice. I hate it. I'm glad you don't do it often. It's a terrible drug, and when your addicted it's nearly as bad as heroine or other opiates.

I guess......it was more a plea for music though. XD

There are quite a few alcholics in my area......it sucks. I feel bad for their families. Unhappy

Not being funny, but where in Rocky's original post did it say 'lets talk about the rave culture and drug use within!'

It didnt, The culture itself is not based around drugs, but there are people within it who enjoy taking them, just as much as you have rock and metal figurheads who enjoy taking illegal substances, it doesnt immediately turn everyone into users because a few people within the community do it.

So anyway, give em a listen to Rocky, you might like some of them, I only found Astrix the other day on youtube and I absolutely love them, need to buy their album 'artcore'

Another idea, if you ever feel like you need to rave, just go to camden and hang around in cyberdog all day Wink
(Jan. 23, 2009  11:20 PM)Rocky Wrote:

I guess......it was more a plea for music though. XD

There are quite a few alcholics in my area......it sucks. I feel bad for their families. Unhappy

Hahahaha I understand that it's about the music, but you really can't talk about rave music without rave culture.

On the topic of music, I've actually been working on a new song in fruity loops that uses a fairly basic rave beat with some chunky distorted guitar. It sounds nice so far.

EDIT:

Dreamborn, of course she didn't say that. No one in their right mind would. It's just inevitable. The people who started raving in the '70s where also the people that made ex popular. Metal and rock has always used substances (besides alcohol, it's pretty rooted in it) such as coke, marijuana, and the like at their own will and they didn't get popular because of it.
Evan: Are you gonna post it up on the WBO once you're finished? Grin

Dreamborn: Lol, you and Paige are always on about Cyberdog even though you live in Wales. I've always wondered, do you have day trips to London often or is that just too much of a hassle? I've always envisioned you sort of living in Cyberdog but I guess that can't be possible. XD
Also, where you there when one of their speakers broke? I was quite upset. Unhappy
Ofcourse I will, if Fruity Loops is willing. I've been having a lot of errors with it lately. My demo "The World" was ruined when the file I was using for the Ride Cymbal got corrupted and caused white noise that was unbearable. A lot of the files have been becoming corrupt for unknown reasons. I think I will stop work for now on both "The World" and this untitled rave/industrial song until I get my Hackintosh.
(Jan. 23, 2009  11:34 PM)Evan Wrote: Ofcourse I will, if Fruity Loops is willing. I've been having a lot of errors with it lately. My demo "The World" was ruined when the file I was using for the Ride Cymbal got corrupted and caused white noise that was unbearable. A lot of the files have been becoming corrupt for unknown reasons. I think I will stop work for now on both "The World" and this untitled rave/industrial song until I get my Hackintosh.

Reason and Absynth are much better programs than loops. They tend not to corrupt, so i'd recommend those, especially if you want to compose industrial.

(Jan. 23, 2009  11:31 PM)Rocky Wrote: Dreamborn: Lol, you and Paige are always on about Cyberdog even though you live in Wales. I've always wondered, do you have day trips to London often or is that just too much of a hassle? I've always envisioned you sort of living in Cyberdog but I guess that can't be possible. XD
Also, where you there when one of their speakers broke? I was quite upset. Unhappy

XD I wasn't, no.
We do day trips sometimes twice a year to london, it beats sitting around in Cardiff waiting for something to happen at the end of it/.
Well if you class UV lights, UV reactive decor and wallhangings and stuff with loud industrial music as a sort of mini-cyberdog, guess it could qualify as mine and Chris' bedrooms XD
We used to have daytrips to Camden (about twice a year), if we plan one this year, we'll be sure to let you know and drag you around everywhere Joyful_3.

There are some good nightclubs (slimelight being one of them) around London with trance and every other genre that falls under rave so it's a good way to experiment with what suits your taste in one night. If I can think of any more good trance bands I'll let you know Joyful_3

Black Sabbath : That is all.
Evan: Aww......I don't really know much about anything you just said but I hope everythings starts working soon. Corrupted files suck. Unhappy

Dreamborn: Whoa, twice a year?! I guess you don't actually live there then. XD Hmm....if you ever need anything from there, feel free to let me know because I can easily buy stuff and send it over.

EDIT: When did May get here?! I totally missed that post. XD
(Jan. 23, 2009  11:37 PM)May The Pirate Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2009  11:34 PM)Evan Wrote: Ofcourse I will, if Fruity Loops is willing. I've been having a lot of errors with it lately. My demo "The World" was ruined when the file I was using for the Ride Cymbal got corrupted and caused white noise that was unbearable. A lot of the files have been becoming corrupt for unknown reasons. I think I will stop work for now on both "The World" and this untitled rave/industrial song until I get my Hackintosh.

Reason and Absynth are much better programs than loops. They tend not to corrupt, so i'd recommend those, especially if you want to compose industrial.

I use fruity loops for everything, my band's drummer, and I do a lot more than industrial. Fruity Loops is very user-friendly and versatile. Normally with my industrial stuff I do the guitars for real over a drum synth. When I make a song just in FL it's ambient. And the reason files are corrupting is because the laptop I have has heating issues, even when taken care of correctly (and I take VERY good care of it). I lose files all the time.

I've heard Absynth is very good, so I might try it once I get my Hackintosh.

On the topic of raving, there's a place near me called The Lizard Lounge I might go to when I turn 17, but I'll take a xanax before for my anxiety