Quick announcement.

Quick announcement for the day. I decided to remove the personal information requirement. There were enough complaints about it to make me reconsider, and anyone who was really intent on cheating would have cheated anyway.

Sorry to make you go through all of that for nothing.

Don't cheat! DJ - Shock!

More updates coming this week.
YES! Thank you Brad!
Good stuff =]
That's... Kind of a relief. XD;
Not that I don't trust you, but I've been through my information falling into the wrong hands by accident. It isn't fun.
I actually thought it was a good idea, but oh well, so brad, will u still be resetting the rankings? its a good idea
(Dec. 10, 2008  1:13 PM)Maz Wrote: Good stuff =]
If this is going to become the main beyblade ranking site and we get tons of members, aren't people bound to cheat? =/

My thoughts are that the only way you could stop people cheating is to allow people you trust to give out keycodes at events to the winners and stuff so that people can enter them to increase their score. Other than that all I can see is that everyone will cheat in the future. Maybe not a lot of us but I know a few people that would be stupid enough to try it.
(Dec. 10, 2008  10:21 PM)Pikachao Wrote: If this is going to become the main beyblade ranking site and we get tons of members, aren't people bound to cheat? =/

My thoughts are that the only way you could stop people cheating is to allow people you trust to give out keycodes at events to the winners and stuff so that people can enter them to increase their score. Other than that all I can see is that everyone will cheat in the future. Maybe not a lot of us but I know a few people that would be stupid enough to try it.

Interesting idea. Smile Though it would mean we can't add any points unless at tourneys. And not everyone can get to them.
We plan to do random audits to prevent people from cheating.

In the end though, it's mostly hoping nobody is lame enough to submit fake rankings to a Beyblade site.
(Dec. 11, 2008  12:42 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: We plan to do random audits to prevent people from cheating.

In the end though, it's mostly hoping nobody is lame enough to submit fake rankings to a Beyblade site.

This will probably happen. I'm sure if our current user base had found people to be cheating then the many more to come would thing of doing so. There must be a fool-proof way that wins and losses could be proven? =/
(Dec. 11, 2008  6:28 PM)Pikachao Wrote:
(Dec. 11, 2008  12:42 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: We plan to do random audits to prevent people from cheating.

This will probably happen. I'm sure if our current user base had found people to be cheating then the many more to come would thing of doing so. There must be a fool-proof way that wins and losses could be proven? =/

Only if we allowed rankings only at tournaments, which, if cheating becomes a huge issue, we'll have to do. However, the best we can do for now is the honor system. If someone is found to be cheating, nobody will want to play with them anymore.
i would never cheat, it would feel wrong and like i had never achived my place.
that would be anoying if eveyone kept on cheating all the time
(Dec. 11, 2008  9:26 PM)neek_alert Wrote: i would never cheat, it would feel wrong and like i had never achived my place.
that would be anoying if eveyone kept on cheating all the time
You have Blitz's siggy as your avatar! Gasp
I would seriously think of changing your avatar my friend. You will get into some serious trouble for that.
(Dec. 12, 2008  1:00 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: I would seriously think of changing your avatar my friend. You will get into some serious trouble for that.

'tis alright now, i found a picture i liked and edited it to make it personal own Joyful_3
not that i am taking part in the whole ranking thing..but it would be alot better if it was official wbo tourneys only. because someone can just beat their 7-year old brother 20 times and top the ranknings..
(Dec. 18, 2008  5:18 PM)SK Wrote: not that i am taking part in the whole ranking thing..but it would be alot better if it was official wbo tourneys only. because someone can just beat their 7-year old brother 20 times and top the ranknings..

The Elo system works on diminishing returns to prevent this from happening. In addition to that, there's a limit to 10 ranked battles per week per Blader match-up.

In any case, I don't see how beating their 7 year old brother is invalid.
i play myself soo i always win i cant cheat XD