Quetzalcoatl is overrated.

At least in it's current state.
I have yet to try the MF CH120CS variant, but as far as my testing has gone, it's just an outclassed attack wheel.

Results
Results is what has been lacking a lot ...

Remember to post them in the Beyblade Customizations forum, and you can link to them here.
I completely agree. Like Mc Frown I'll provide some testing soon as I've got to get ready for work but I'll conduct some tests later this afternoon.

But in comparing win rates I get better results using Lightning, Vulcan, Ray, Gravity and even Meteo. I think the rarity of the Beyblade plays on peoples perception and they see it as being greater then what it really is.
I do not know what sort of tests you two were about to post, but could you also conduct tests between Attack types as well ? Since that is apparently more 'valid' at this state.
Quetzalcoatl is outclassed, yes. But not overrated. Well, it may be because of how "rare" it is perceived to be, but it isn't as horrible as the tests in that thread make it out to be.

I find it hard to believe in their validity as well, particularly the Dark Aries CH120FS and Flame Cancer 145S tests. Something is definitely wrong there because the parts that make up those customs are old and were available over a year ago when Quetzalcoatl was still arguably the best Attack Wheel available (Lightning was around, but it was not as widely tested as it is now, and Pegasis's Attack capabilities had not been discovered) and did fine. And I know from personal experience that it can tear apart customs like that.

Wheels like Pegasis, Lightning, and arguably Ray are better than Quetzalcoatl, but it is not useless.

(Nov. 25, 2010  12:15 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Everyone with Quetz, look at the wheel. It really has no significant contact point.

Uhh ... yes it does? Two significant ones.
Just finished work and quickly conducted some tests.

Quetzalcoatl Results and Comparisons Versing Defence (Click to View)

Attack Vs Attack Results Featuring Quetzalcoatl (Click to View)

*EDITED WITH ATTACK VS ATTACK RESULTS*

My results pretty much reaffirm what Kei has just stated. Quetzalcoatl performed incredibly mediocre with only a 50% win rate while every other wheel except wheel Storm achieved a 70% + win rate against a staple defence combo in the MFB meta game. I think we can all agree that Quetz is an outclassed part compared to the plethora of new attack wheels and options that have become available since Quetz was instated as a top tier wheel, but since Quetz was classed as top tier the standard that an attack wheel performs too has being raised and because of this what constitutes as top tier needs to readdressed. I personally think that Quetz's position of being recognized as a top tier attack wheel needs to be put under further scrutiny as it's simply not performing to the standard that a top tier wheel needs to.
(Nov. 25, 2010  5:36 AM)Kei Wrote: Quetzalcoatl is outclassed, yes. But not overrated. Well, it may be because of how "rare" it is perceived to be, but it isn't as horrible as the tests in that thread make it out to be.

I find it hard to believe in their validity as well, particularly the Dark Aries CH120FS and Flame Cancer 145S tests. Something is definitely wrong there because the parts that make up those customs are old and were available over a year ago when Quetzalcoatl was still arguably the best Attack Wheel available (Lightning was around, but it was not as widely tested as it is now, and Pegasis's Attack capabilities had not been discovered) and did fine. And I know from personal experience that it can tear apart customs like that.

Wheels like Pegasis, Lightning, and arguably Ray are better than Quetzalcoatl, but it is not useless.

If it's outclassed but people still think it's top-tier, then by definition, it is overrated.

If it's being outclassed by so many alternative Wheels, it makes it useless in a competitive sense. A plethora of Wheels are doing what it can do, but even better.
Thanks for the results Fyuuor, it pretty much confirms what I said, and your results are more valid.

And Quetz looks deceptively aggresive, it's actually quite round.
More results added
(Nov. 25, 2010  4:58 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: Thanks for the results Fyuuor, it pretty much confirms what I said, and your results are more valid.

Yeah, Fyuuor's tests seem a lot more realistic. Looking at yours, Quetzalcoatl was made to seem absolutely useless, which it clearly is not.

That being said, I do agree that Quetzalcoatl has run it's course on the competitive list. If no one else has any problems with it, I'll remove it and add in Vulcan.
Agreed.

Quetz 90RF vs. MF Earth Bull GB145WB
4:6
Quetz Win Rate: 40%
Bull Win Rate: 60%

Quetz loses a lot of it's 'power' after around 5 seconds. After that, it's pretty much pointless in continuing the battle. I did let it continue, but it just seemed like a waste of time.
All Quetz' KOs were little pushes, I had to say, compared to the likes of Lightning and Pegasis.
It has high maneuverability, which is what i guess allowed it to push Earth Bull out before it could return back to the center. EB just dropped out of the stadium after getting KO'd instead of flying off Uncertain

Maybe it's just the way I launch/use Quetz but my thought every time i used it was "I thought this damn thing was supposed to be amazing."

Remove it Wink