Quetzalcoatl: Don't let your empty wallet cloud your judgement.

LL Drago always in Upper Mode
MF Earth Bull C145WB launched at 80% power
CH120 always at 120 height
Attack Stadium used
Beylaunchers used
RF's in prime condition
TT prongs were used on the Beylauncher that launched Quetz
Tests done vs. another proficient human for maximum accuracy
Vs. Dark Aries just for kicks

Major props to user Gilgamesh for helping me with all of this testing.

EDIT: Attack comparison results:

Interesting results.

It seems that Quetz really is outclassed now, but I will still reserve judgement 'til I see another set of results.
1. I love the way you name your threads.
2. I'm glad I didn't spend the money for Quetz.
With these kind of results it should definitely be taken of the top tier list. Has anyone had any test results that contradict yours?
Why don't you try CH120CS?? If you dont have CS, then I apologize for being rude.
Who was using Quetzalcoatl in all of those, out of curiosity ? And just to be sure since you did not mention it : Sliding Shoot or Banking was used ?
I agree with Kai-V it depends on the way the blader shoots, therefore we can't determine if its outclassed or not.
To be perfectly honest most of those results I can't believe... I know Quetz isn't as great as it used to be but it's still a decent attack wheel.
i agree, time didn't make it worse....unless! naww. it would help to know who was launched first into the battles. (attack battles)
Banking (Yes, we did a good job banking); we both utilized Quetz and got similar results.
To me they appeared to be quite poor on Quetz's part, almost too poor.
I anxiously await other members results, but I've struggled to make it preform much better at all.

Also, I redid ALL self ko's and draws.

EDIT: lightninglibrax, I battled someone irl, neither combo was shot before the other.
(Nov. 24, 2010  11:41 PM)lightninglibraX Wrote: i agree, time didn't make it worse....unless! naww. it would help to know who was launched first into the battles. (attack battles)

(Nov. 24, 2010  10:37 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: Tests done vs. another proficient human for maximum accuracy

Answered.
Redid test versus Dark Aries CH120FS (Banking for both [extremely mild for Dark Aries combo])
Combining results, Quetz managed a win rate of 3/20. We each did 10 of the launches for Quetz, redid all matches with self ko's, draws, or where the banking on Quetz was not up to snuff. It was just dismal.

Everyone with Quetz, look at the wheel. It really has no significant contact point.
Wow, this is surprising compared to what I've seen before. I was looking to buy this, but with results like this, I really have no real reason, other than 90, considering there are better attack wheels that are cheaper.

Thanks for the awesome testing, Mc Frown.

But before I really change my mind, I guess one or two more tests will do it.
I've never really got my Quetz to work the way it was supposed to. I always found MF Pegasis 145RF and Lightning L Drago to give me better results even in my Lightning Force, but some of these really surprise me. I would have thought it would have done better than THIS.

I'd like to see someone else doing tests with it since my Quetz never launched right, but I have seen Kei do well with his as well as another person way back in May at the revival cup.

Still it's probably a good idea to revisit a lot of the original top tiers to put them into the modern game's perspective.
Wow, nice tests. The results surprised me. The one I was most surprised about was vs mf flame cancer 125s. Now I don't feel too guilty about owning a quetz
Thanks for all the tests. From what I observe, if a Dark combo can beat Quetz, then pretty much anything can.
Well.....unless some more signifgant results of quetz occur.....guess what's off my Christmas list! XD
I did some tests on MF Quetzalcoatl CH120CS:

MF Quetzalcoatl CH120CS Vs MF Earth Bull GB145RS

Equipment used:
Stadium: MFB Attack
Launcher: Beylauncher with Launcher Grip
Banking done with Attack types.

Quetz win rate: 50%

Compared to:
MF Ray Pegasis 100RF Vs MF Earth Bull GB145RS

Ray win rate: 40%
(Nov. 25, 2010  6:44 AM)Chaos Blader Wrote: I did some tests on MF Quetzalcoatl CH120CS:

MF Quetzalcoatl CH120CS Vs MF Earth Bull GB145RS

Equipment used:
Stadium: MFB Attack
Launcher: Beylauncher with Launcher Grip
Banking done with Attack types.

Quetz win rate: 50%

Compared to:
MF Ray Pegasis 100RF Vs MF Earth Bull GB145RS

Ray win rate: 40%
I think it would help us more if you could do test results with Quetzalcoatl 90/100RF, to infirm or confirm Mc Frown's tests.
I cant believe my eyes. After what I have seen Quetz do in a Hasbro stadium, I find it hard to believe it cant do better in a Takara stadium. I battle my friends all the time with Quetz in the crappy Hasbro stadium he has and it KO's probably around 85-90%(estimate) of the time.

Please someone do more tests!!
I just posted these results in the Advanced Forum:

Quetzalcoatl Results and Comparisons (Click to View)

Attack Vs Attack Results Featuring Quetzalcoatl (Click to View)

*EDITED WITH ATTACK VS ATTACK RESULTS*
These tests were no fraud. Quetz just is not good. I tested with Mc Frown on this and there was no rigging of the test. Quetz really is just a collector bey the only good part from it is the 90 track but you can get one in the Hong Kong Attack and Defense Set. I would probably get 85 track because it is shorter and its up to snuff. You can get one of these in the Meteo L Drago Reshuffle Set, or you could get 90 and 85 in the Super Deck Entry Set. Quetz is not worth it unless you are a collector of beys and you want it. For all of those that already have Quetz try it in left spin!
Fyuuor's results were much more believable tbh.
I'm still gettin it to prove McFrown wrong. >Unhappy. Abt time I back up Quetz
Do what you want? I really don't care if you buy it.

EDIT: I like Fyuuor's results better too, I guess me and Gilgamesh are just awful with Quetz.