Quetzalcoatl 90WF (can we finally get this up, please?)

Oh, winter break... you give me too much time.

Note: Quetzalcoatl 90WF was originally a prize Beyblade you could win by beating the highest level of the Bey Ta 1 arcade machine, or by trading in 5 Sub-license cards to a WBBA Shop in Japan. It was later released with the Japanese Nintendo DS game Metal Fight Beyblade DS. There are no plans for Hasbro to release this Beyblade.

Face: Quetzalcoatl
The Face depicts Quetzalcoatl, the Mesoamerican feathered serpant deity.

Wheel: Quetzalcoatl
Weight: 34.16 grams

Quetzalcoatl consists of two large wings which slope upwards on the top and downwards at the bottom and two smaller protrusions in the gap between the wings. At first glance, the wings of Quetzalcoatl would appear to display both Upper Attack and Force Smash. On closer examination, however, it becomes clear that it displays neither of these traits in battle. In addition, the two protrusions are too far in to come into regular contact, and the Wheel itself is quite rounded, leaving it with only two major contact points and moderate Smash Attack.

Quetzalcoatl was once considered the best Attack Wheel, but has since been outclassed.

Use in Attack Customization:
Quetzalcoatl can still be put to use in the Attack customization: MF Quetzalcoatl CH120CS.

Track: 90
Weight: 0.9 grams
90 was the lowest Track until the release of 85 with Mercury Anubis. Its low height is good for both low Attack customizations and low Stamina customizations, but is outclassed in both regards by the aforementioned 85.

If 85 is unavailable, 90 can be put to good use in the Attack customization: MF Vulcan Horuseus 90R²F.

Use in Stamina Customization:
If 85 is unavailable, 90 can be put to use in the Stamina customization: Earth Bull 90WD.

Bottom: Wide Flat
Weight: 0.6 grams
WF, like the name suggests, is a wider version of F. Its significantly larger surface area allows it to travel much faster than F. However, due to the fact that it is a plastic bottom, it is slower than RF, as it does not produce as much friction with the stadium floor. It has also much more trouble maintaining the "flower pattern" from a Sliding Shoot. The upside to its lower friction is that it has much better Stamina than RF, allowing it to be used in destabilizing attackers.

WF can be utilized in the destabilizer combo: MF LDrago 100WF.

Other Versions:
Quetzalcoatl 90WF - Metal Fight Beyblade DS ver. (Gold)

Overall:
While Quetzalcoatl and 90 were staples in the early Metal Fight Beyblade metagame, they have since been outclassed. WF as a pure Attack bottom is outclassed as well, although it still finds a niche in destabilizing customs. There is little to no reason to own this Beyblade outside of collection purposes.
Add "in Japan" in the introduction note, perhaps ? For us it is obvious, but I think it could further be explained that this Beyblade will never get released outside Japan.
Aye aye, ma'am.
I think Kei likes MF L Drago 100WF better now?
Good article.
Um wasn't Quetz 90RF used a lot more than the combo you posted?
(Dec. 21, 2010  10:08 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: I think Kei likes MF L Drago 100WF better now?

Point taken.

(Dec. 21, 2010  10:12 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Um wasn't Quetz 90RF used a lot more than the combo you posted?

Yes, but no one uses that anymore. I wasn't quite sure on the status of MF Quetzalcoatl CH120CS, but I remember it being better than Quetz 90RF anyway.
Well I think we should own atleastt 1,since 90 is the shortest track. this bey shud be obtained for 90 since screw capicorne is worse and bakushin is like the same thing
(Dec. 21, 2010  10:18 PM)TylerPT Wrote: Well I think we should own atleastt 1,since 90 is the shortest track. this bey shud be obtained for 90 since screw capicorne is worse and bakushin is like the same thing

85 is the shortest track.

90 is now competitively useless. You don't need it anymore.
Hm 90 isn't USELESS, but it is a good replacement for 85 and is easier to get than 85 no? Other than that I don't see anything else wrong with it.
(Dec. 21, 2010  10:26 PM)|Joe| Wrote: Hm 90 isn't USELESS, but it is a good replacement for 85 and is easier to get than 85 no? Other than that I don't see anything else wrong with it.

No, it's not useless. It's competitively useless. There's a difference. The Beywiki is a compendium for competitve knowledge, so I find it difficult to recommend buying something when it's past its prime and there are much better parts (or in this case, a part that outshines it in every aspect) out there.
Uh the combo you wrote may be better but I don't think it's more used since the other one was used since Quetz came out so I think it deserves mention.
(Dec. 21, 2010  11:49 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Uh the combo you wrote may be better but I don't think it's more used since the other one was used since Quetz came out so I think it deserves mention.

I understand what you're getting at, but I still think I should list the best use instead of the more popular one.

Anyone want to break this stalemate?
I'd say keep up MF Quetzalcoatl CH120CS regardless, it's a more interesting combo and Quetz is outclassed either way.

Edit: in the overall, change "they have both been outclassed since" to "have since been outclassed".
(Dec. 22, 2010  2:24 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Edit: in the overall, change "they have both been outclassed since" to "have since been outclassed".

Ahh, that is more succinct. Thanks.
(Dec. 21, 2010  8:52 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: Wheel: Quetzalcoatl
Weight: 34.16 grams

Quetzalcoatl consists of two large wings which slope upwards on the top and downwards at the bottom and two smaller protrusions in the gap between the wings. At first glance, the wings of Quetzalcoatl would appear to display bother Upper Attack and Force Smash. On closer examination, however, it becomes clear that it displays neither of these traits in battle. In addition, the two protrusions are too far in to come into regular contact, and the Wheel itself is quite rounded, leaving it with only two major contact points and moderate Smash Attack.

I think you mean both? Helping with Quetz, this really needs to get up XD.
Fixed.
let's get this onto beywiki! i don't see anything wrong with it.
i think it´s very good.. next stop beywiki Smile
You might consider mentioning how Quetzalcoatl is actually the original Cancer wheel, and the real Quetz was scrapped, or something to that effect.
(Dec. 22, 2010  6:29 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: You might consider mentioning how Quetzalcoatl is actually the original Cancer wheel, and the real Quetz was scrapped, or something to that effect.

I want to work this and the fact that its parts were available via Random Boosters in here somewhere, but I'm not sure how.
Not random boosters though, right? Randomly in products before like BB-28.
But yeah, it's sort of hard to work in. The parts could go in other versions I guess? And the wheel tidbit could maybe go in the Metal Wheel description.
for the parts bit, you should put it at the beginning that you have a 1/8 chance of getting the face, 1/8 for the track and 1/8 chance for the tip along with that it was the original cancer wheel Smile
(Dec. 22, 2010  7:11 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: Not random boosters though, right? Randomly in products before like BB-28.

Ah yes. Not fully awake yet.
I think the last one to include quetz parts was BB-24 escolpio since my gemios and capricorne didn't come with any extra parts.
(Dec. 22, 2010  8:39 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: I think the last one to include quetz parts was BB-24 escolpio since my gemios and capricorne didn't come with any extra parts.

... there is a 1/8 chance to get the face, 1/8 chance to get the track and 1/8 chance to get the tip Tired