Psi Ball and Nature Energy

(Oct. 31, 2008  12:19 AM)Gryffyn Wrote: does anyone believe in Chi/Ki spiritual energy or a varient of said spiritual energy?
It seems rather related to the idea of Psi-balls.

I believe the human body can do miraculous things when the mind is convinced of something false.

It's been proven that people who believe they are becoming ill can and will become very ill simply from the belief of it. Therefore, it's no surprise that people who genuinely believe that they are controlling the energy within their bodies can feel results of it. The mind is a surprisingly large limiter.

However, I don't believe these people are actually moving energy around. As cool as that would be.
If you want to make a psi ball go and get a tuba. XD
I used to think this would be cool... when I was like eight.

Meh, if people want to believe clearly fictional stories then they can. Sure enough in 2000 years there will be a race that worships naruto and calls the manga the holy book.

They will pray to naruto every day, build massive buildings to worship him in and follow the commandments he has supposedly lain down.

Sound familiar?
(Oct. 31, 2008  9:57 AM)Surfingpikachao Wrote: I used to think this would be cool... when I was like eight.

Meh, if people want to believe clearly fictional stories then they can. Sure enough in 2000 years there will be a race that worships naruto and calls the manga the holy book.

They will pray to naruto every day, build massive buildings to worship him in and follow the commandments he has supposedly lain down.

Sound familiar?

cutting-edge theological commentary right here, folks
(Oct. 31, 2008  10:12 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: cutting-edge theological commentary right here, folks

Where?

By the way, http://health.howstuffworks.com/adrenali.../printable

It happens, apparently.
(Oct. 31, 2008  10:18 AM)Surfingpikachao Wrote:
(Oct. 31, 2008  10:12 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: cutting-edge theological commentary right here, folks

Where?

:downswords:
Regarding those YouTube videos... seriously, what the carp is wrong with our generation?

Regarding psychic energy in the fields of telekinesis, if you want to get nitpicky about it, there's no reason it CAN'T occur, physics-wise. Remember, all thought is electrochemical impulses coursing between synapses in the brain. It's a given that the brain emits energy waves. And as we know, waves can also behave like particles and vice versa. Thus, any energy wave has a theoretically measurable force behind it. Put succinctly, by the numbers, a brain wave of sufficient amplitude and low wavelength could move macroscopic matter. However, the energy output of this exponentially exceeds what the average person gives off during regular brain activity. It might even be argued that the necessary energy to manipulate anything above the quantum scale exceeds the maximum energy limits an organic brain can produce.

That being said, epinephrine can do miraculous things to human tissues.
Like what Gryffyn, Cye, B, and Kei posted, adrenaline can allow you to lift things you wouldn't normally be able to do. Such as a rock, for instance. However, I'm being sure not to allow my friends to slip themselves underneath rocks, as this could be hazardous to their health.

(Oct. 29, 2008  1:51 AM)Leo Aggressive Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2008  1:50 AM)HEAVYARMS Wrote: How old are you?

Seriously.

My mom thinks you're 8.

I am 15

Why, what a coincidence
I already saw this report on TV twice:

There's a guy here in Germany that teaches people how to use an instinct that the majority of animals (humans are animals from a biological sight) has, it's the effect that for example animals that run away being scared to death can reach speeds that are more than 200% of their running speed when they're not frightened. This guy is of a quite normal bodybuild and he's quite old, i think almost 70. Still, he was able to lift up 700 kg! It was with some apparation that connects the weights to his spine so he can use his entire body and doesn't have to lift it with a normal bar. This weight is normally even hard to lift for these athletes that lift weights professionally (I don't know the term, sorry).

He says he uses an old memory of his grandfather saving him from a hole he fell into to mobilize these powers.

But if you look at this, it's quite logical. Animals just NEED to have saved up powers for emergencies. We humans don't live through such incidents in our everyday live anymore, so we forget about instincts like these.
(Oct. 31, 2008  10:49 PM)Sasch Wrote: I already saw this report on TV twice:

There's a guy here in Germany that teaches people how to use an instinct that the majority of animals (humans are animals from a biological sight) has, it's the effect that for example animals that run away being scared to death can reach speeds that are more than 200% of their running speed when they're not frightened. This guy is of a quite normal bodybuild and he's quite old, i think almost 70. Still, he was able to lift up 700 kg! It was with some apparation that connects the weights to his spine so he can use his entire body and doesn't have to lift it with a normal bar. This weight is normally even hard to lift for these athletes that lift weights professionally (I don't know the term, sorry).

He says he uses an old memory of his grandfather saving him from a hole he fell into to mobilize these powers.

But if you look at this, it's quite logical. Animals just NEED to have saved up powers for emergencies. We humans don't live through such incidents in our everyday live anymore, so we forget about instincts like these.

that sounds pretty amazing. 700kg is a large weight for anyone to lift. I'm every so slightly skeptical about the elderly man lifting it though. I think perhaps there may be pulleys etc in the spine connected apparatus that eases his lift.

Fear and instinct are two extremely powerful motivators, no lie.
OK the lifting carp 100X your weight are called Limit Breaks.
As for a Psi Ball, yes they are real somewhat. When most people make them however, they just see heat waves (from your hands) so it's an illusion.

I myself have tried it but switched to Telekinesis. TK however was better. I was actually able to move the PSI wheel by just starring at it for like 5 minutes. That got boring so yeah...

So now I'm trying to reach focus 12 so I can Astral Project.

Just my 3 cents.
what a thread
(Oct. 31, 2008  1:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Oct. 31, 2008  12:19 AM)Gryffyn Wrote: does anyone believe in Chi/Ki spiritual energy or a varient of said spiritual energy?
It seems rather related to the idea of Psi-balls.

I believe the human body can do miraculous things when the mind is convinced of something false.

It's been proven that people who believe they are becoming ill can and will become very ill simply from the belief of it. Therefore, it's no surprise that people who genuinely believe that they are controlling the energy within their bodies can feel results of it. The mind is a surprisingly large limiter.

However, I don't believe these people are actually moving energy around. As cool as that would be.

Munchausen Syndrome B)

We studied this in Psychology, It's a bit scary what the mind can do but at the same time interesting.

What are the chances of me producing a kamehameha out of my carp if I truely belived it?
According to Kenny = 100%
According to actuality = -------0%
pee-shaw, i make kamehamehas out of there all the time
(Nov. 01, 2008  7:15 PM)EverlastingBlader Wrote: OK the lifting carp 100X your weight are called Limit Breaks.

no that's final fantasy 7
I'd actualy guess that the 700kg is less than one hundred times the elderly gentleman's weight
Why are Kenny threads so popular?
anyways, the rock has to be less than 100 times, or else he'd weigh 70. O.o;
(Nov. 02, 2008  1:53 AM)shikamaru526 Wrote: Why are Kenny threads so popular?

see the post history of a user named rooneyt
(Nov. 01, 2008  7:15 PM)EverlastingBlader Wrote: OK the lifting carp 100X your weight are called Limit Breaks.
As for a Psi Ball, yes they are real somewhat. When most people make them however, they just see heat waves (from your hands) so it's an illusion.

I myself have tried it but switched to Telekinesis. TK however was better. I was actually able to move the PSI wheel by just starring at it for like 5 minutes. That got boring so yeah...

So now I'm trying to reach focus 12 so I can Astral Project.

Just my 3 cents.

Let us know when you can Astral Project.
ahahahahaaaaaaa i didn't even read that whole post baahaha
(Nov. 02, 2008  2:46 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: see the post history of a user named rooneyt

I miss rooneyt Unhappy

and I wish all of the old posts on BBF weren't deleted
rooneyt wasn't a spoof account?
He was a Legend. A LEGEND.