Project of the Moment: Back to the roots

In celebration of the very beginning of our community here with Beywiki, it's time we focus back on the earlier generations of Plastics and HMS!

Here is a list of jobs we need to take up :
  • Working on the few articles on plastic Beyblades that currently display inaccurate descriptions;
  • Complete the articles for plastic and HMS Random Boosters/Fukubako;
  • Write articles about Aero Knight MS and Dranzer MF;
  • Write articles for the several plastic Beyblades missing an article!

That list isn't necessarily complete, so if you've got some other ideas, shoot them up and do your best!

The tentative deadline for this Project of the Moment will be November 6th 2014! Post here to let us know your progression and what you want to do to help.

Remember that it doesn't take an extensive knowledge to help; if you own a Beyblade or part at all, that can be the one element required for you to contribute!
I have the core/CWD of DZMF; hopefully I can do something with the two.
What I know-
The CWD is bad like SAR's (Gaia Dragoon S, Cyber Battle Spec., Gabriel) and makes the Beyblade easy to knock off balance. The problem is made worse via HMS being 100% Omni-directional.
The Core is a free spinning (Bearing??) shaft-ed Sharp Core. Good for endurance, not too sure if better then Bearing Core yet.

I'm going to go take pictures of DGMSUV NIB right now.
I think it would be a good idea to have stub articles for the plastics beyblade that are unlikely to get articles made for them such as Master Draciel, Bound defencer and gaia dragoon g etc. These are the kind of articles that we'd need th!nk for to make them accurate and give them a proper article.

Also i'd suggest you change it from plastics random boosters to plastic and HMS random boosters because the fukobako boosters (both the plastics and the HMS) haven't got any articles. Also it would great if we could get pictures of the beyblades from the random boosters in the articles. Mainly the prizes for the plastics but for the HMS articles it is feasible to get pictures of all the beyblades.
(Oct. 07, 2014  10:52 PM)Ultra Wrote: I think it would be a good idea to have stub articles for the plastic beyblade that are unlikely to get articles made for them such as Master Draciel, Bound defencer and attacker, gaia dragoon g etc.

Actually a great idea; there should be stubs for everything.
Just so we all know part names; and existence.
I should be able to get pictures of both Dranzer MF and Red Samurai Changer in a week or so.

Oh and the sticker recolor of Wolborg MS. Red/Green/Yellow.
I do agree that stubs would be better than nothing, however, the reason I introduced stubs to begin with was just to have a placeholder for an article that was sure to come soon (or at least, we could have predicted "soon" back then because releases were still monthly ...) and to, meanwhile, publish the news to as many places as possible. In the case of plastics and HMS articles, if we do stubs, there is basically no way at all to guarantee that an article will follow at any point in time, and if you want to know the parts, surely the Beyblade Parts List article does that. The only issue I can see is pictures of the parts, but really, what I want to stress is that there should be a clear schedule that if a stub is written on day one, then by day thirty a full article has to be written for it. I do not want Beywiki to hold simple physical parts descriptions forever.
I guess so but my opinion is that it's better having something there even if it's not much than nothing. Also can you update the OP like I asked in my first post?
Some people are confused as to a Beyblade's existence, though.
Hell, most don't even know per say- Gaia Dragoon is. They only know V or G.
(Oct. 08, 2014  1:46 PM)Neo Wrote: Some people are confused as to a Beyblade's existence, though.

You mean the one from the movie? Is it Gaia Dragoon or Gaia Dragoon S?
These are all the articles which, according to th!nk, currently contain slightly or significantly incorrect information :
  • Bistool
  • Gekiryu-Oh
  • Frostic Dranzer
  • Draciel Metal Ball Defenser
  • Galeon
  • Galman
  • Dranzer S
  • Driger V2
  • Metal Dragoon Bearing Stinger
  • Wolborg
  • Metal Driger
  • Dragoon S
  • Master Dragoon
  • Burning Kerberous
  • Dragoon V
  • Gaia Dragoon V
  • Draciel S
  • Roller Defenser
  • Dranzer F
  • Seaborg 2
  • Dark Series
  • Spike Lizard
  • Kids Dragoon
  • Draciel F
  • Dragoon F
  • Dragoon Grip Attacker
  • Draciel V2
  • Dranzer V2
  • Galzzly
  • Voltaic Ape

So, I suppose that you should first detect whether you own any of these Beyblades and know their parts well, read the current Beywiki article and see if you actually agree that there is anything wrong with it, identify the section or sentence that is incorrect, and finally post the arrangements you wish to do just so they can be approved.
(Oct. 08, 2014  2:34 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:
(Oct. 08, 2014  1:46 PM)Neo Wrote: Some people are confused as to a Beyblade's existence, though.

Yes, that one. The "S" isn't a real term used in release. Fan name.
(Oct. 09, 2014  12:31 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Oct. 08, 2014  2:34 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:

Yeah I know it, it used that S-AR that Guardian Driger used, but I have never seen much in it's performance yet.
(Oct. 09, 2014  8:06 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2014  12:31 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Oct. 08, 2014  2:34 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote: You mean the one from the movie? Is it Gaia Dragoon or Gaia Dragoon S?

Yeah I know it, it used that S-AR that Guardian Driger used, but I have never seen much in it's performance yet.
It doesn't; it uses the SG Free Wing Base SAR.
(Oct. 09, 2014  9:45 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2014  8:06 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2014  12:31 AM)Neo Wrote: Yes, that one. The "S" isn't a real term used in release. Fan name.

Did it? Well if it's close then I definitely have heard of the first Gaia Dragoon.
(Oct. 09, 2014  10:09 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2014  9:45 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2014  8:06 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote: Yeah I know it, it used that S-AR that Guardian Driger used, but I have never seen much in it's performance yet.

Did it? Well if it's close then I definitely have heard of the first Gaia Dragoon.

Guard. Driger's SAR has a thin ring around it, not thick like the others. It stays in place.
(Oct. 10, 2014  2:12 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2014  10:09 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2014  9:45 PM)Neo Wrote: It doesn't; it uses the SG Free Wing Base SAR.

Guard. Driger's SAR has a thin ring around it, not thick like the others. It stays in place.

Well you got the idea. Anyways if you own one do you think you could write a draft about it? I would be very interested to know about it.
Would it be acceptable just to quote the relevant sections and our suggested changes directly into this thread?
(Oct. 10, 2014  9:15 PM)Captain Wrote: Would it be acceptable just to quote the relevant sections and our suggested changes directly into this thread?

Absolutely, that is probably preferable, actually.
(Oct. 10, 2014  11:52 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2014  9:15 PM)Captain Wrote: Would it be acceptable just to quote the relevant sections and our suggested changes directly into this thread?

Absolutely, that is probably preferable, actually.

Super Smile
Initial ideas for a revamped Draciel S Blade Base section, please make suggestions for edits as you feel necessary:

Whoopsie, the overall section described it as being able to perform well at Aggressive Weight-Based Defense, which is really what I'd consider/meant by modest movement Force Smash Attack.

Things I'd like to mention in the AR section of the V. Ape article:

-Reliable Circle Survivor Defense counter
-Good for both Smash Attack and Hyper Aggro smash

Things I'd like to mention in the AR section of the Dark Series article:

-Dark Wing + its own Sub-AR on a suitable base like Defense Grip Base inverted tip make a fine top tier choice for attack
It says at the top of the page that the OP was updated with the new knowledge which agrees with what you've said. Also it would be good to note that not all are aggressive and there is part variation. I have one that moves and one that stays completely in the middle however this could be due to the condition.

th!nk concluded the same about Dark Wing and it's on his tier list.
Yep, saw th!nk's Dark Wing post and realised it was missing from the beywiki article.

Might be worth getting more experience reports from people who've used SG MBB about how much it moves.
It moves frequently with mine (very worn) so I don't know if a new one would fare any better.
Moving frequently is actually a desirable trait for it.
It shouldn't reallybe considered a pure defensive type, strictly speaking.
Dude Storm Base is trash which is what he's saying. It hasn't been considered top tier for a while. Also what he said is not off topic... And yes again. Sorry we expect you to say things that are actually correct.