[Product]  BB-84 Metal Face Custom Ver. Clear

To be released on July 24th. 367 yen.
Clear Metal Face? Sounds interesting. I was just thinking about picking up some more metal faces. Guess I can wait until these come out. Thanks for the info as always, Kai-V.
it sounds like it is going to fit with the deck carrier set galaxy pegasis
Awesome, I'll be getting a couple of packs of these as long as they are the same weight or heavier than the previous metal faces.
Wouldn't recommend pre-ordering any until we've got some details on them though, as they could potentially be useless compared to the first mold.
Although thinking about it, if they are lighter than the originals then they may have a use in stabilizing attack combinations without reducing as much speed.
This however is all speculation, and this should probably be locked until we have some more details.
I do not know if I can post the photos yet, however there is a gimmick with these new Metal Faces :

There are two Faces in each pack, and a total of four parts plus the Tool in each item. One of the Metal Faces has more of a metal core shaped in circle, with a removable border that makes the overall shape of a hexagonal Face made of plastic.
The other Metal Face included has a plastic circle core, and its "border" is made of metal.

Therefore, you can have four combinations with these Faces :
[Image: MFB_MetalFaceRemolingVer_Schema.png]

Perhaps that gimmick will not really be used though ...
So you could just choose metal border and metal core?
Find it slightly hard to understand why anyone would choose anything other, but this is definitely good news Smile
I suppose that's useful if you want to stabilize attack types without losing too much speed.
(Jul. 13, 2010  9:56 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: So you could just choose metal border and metal core?
Find it slightly hard to understand why anyone would choose anything other, but this is definitely good news Smile
Yes.

That is also what I thought, hah. Usually, you would want as much weight in the center, or as little as possible ...
Wait... so we can have a Metal Face made entirely out of plastic? Libruhhh
It allows more leeway with customisations, of course, but depending on its weight, may also allow a Metal Face Libra variant to appear again at TT's tournaments.

However, you are effectively paying the price of a normal Metal Face pack for a package which only has "one" Metal Face in reality ...
Yeah, that's a fair point.
I guess it essentially gives people the option of having a weighted clear face, pretty awesome for dyeing and customization really.
(Jul. 13, 2010  9:54 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I do not know if I can post the photos yet
Considering there are images of BB-86 up here already, I personally don't think it's out of bounds.
i dont really see how this works...clear metal?
(Jul. 13, 2010  11:11 PM)ShadowPegasis Wrote: i dont really see how this works...clear metal?

Not clear metal, clear plastic.

Anyway I think this will be nice. Especially the plastic core + metal "border" for controlling attack types and full metal face for defense.
I like the metal core/plastic border.
It'll look so cool plus COLORING POSSIBILITIES.
(Jul. 13, 2010  11:18 PM)Nuno Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2010  11:11 PM)ShadowPegasis Wrote: i dont really see how this works...clear metal?

Not clear metal, clear plastic.

Anyway I think this will be nice. Especially the plastic core + metal "border" for controlling attack types and full metal face for defense.

if theyre gonna use plastic, why is it called a metal face?
(Jul. 14, 2010  12:03 AM)ShadowPegasis Wrote: if theyre gonna use plastic, why is it called a metal face?

Because there are going to be two components to a Metal Face now to stimulate customization I suppose. Each component (core and border) have a metal version and a plastic version.
ahhhh
(Jul. 13, 2010  10:06 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: Wait... so we can have a Metal Face made entirely out of plastic? Libruhhh
Actually there is probably still some metal in the bottom of the Face.
so its hevey plastic/semi metal face not metal face now
You have the option of it being either plastic and metal, or entirely metal.
Kai-V's image shouldn't have been hard to understand :\
[Image: MetalFaceRemodelingVer_Clear.jpg]

From what I see, on the Metal core, it is written "MF2 - WBBA", and only "WBBA" on the plastic core.
I can see "MF2-WBBA" on both metal and plastic cores, on both clear and orange versions.

Note really liking the new tool design... seems bulkier than the older one.
I like the new tool.

This reminds me of HMC <3
I'd think the new tool is too wide
Hmm haveing the weights in diffrent places with these could be intresting,hopefully theyre good