[Product]  BB-82 Random Booster Vol. 5 Grand Ketos

Hopefully RS will finally be a decent replacement for WB, it's been far too long for a singular bottom to be the only option for defense.
The clear wheel options aren't exactly amazing, one Phoenix and one Poison however seem to have Ray!
The color schemes for most of the clear wheels are pretty nasty as well, Orange or Purple Serpent, Yellow or Orange Unicorno, Purple or Green Phoenix...
This had better be one for the tracks and bottoms, or this is just another carp heap :\
I'm personally excited for RS. Grand can be good if it's like Earth performance wise, but it looks more like Burn or Thermal. And I do welcome this "2 rares" format if it means that we get something like the old HMS boosters, with more new parts (I know it's not the case with this one though.)
I bet Grand Ketos is going to be a starter, sooner or later.
RS looks just like Grip Sharp RC, and I'm sure it'll perform the same.
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...Sharp_Core
Calling it right now, RS is going to suck. Sharp rubber tips have never been any good, for reasons outlined in the Grip Sharp Core description. It should be fun to test out, but the shape of WB is better suited to take hits than a small point of rubber. A much more interesting (and likely better) alternative would be a rubber ball Bottom.

And Ellz, don't forget that WD is also an option.
Hmm RS sounds interesting, Probably the 2 "Rare" blades will probably be released as starters by SonoKong just like in the past with Earth Virgo
(Jul. 10, 2010  6:43 PM)Kei Wrote: And Ellz, don't forget that WD is also an option.
I've never had any luck with WD as a defense bottom to be honest.
(Jul. 10, 2010  7:33 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: I've never had any luck with WD as a defense bottom to be honest.

Yeah, I likely wouldn't use it over WB, but it does have use.
I honestly think that if nothing is reinforcing the rubber, it'll break. But this is unlikely.
I also think that this will wear down the rubber easier, because it's so thin compared to RF.
But these are just my predictions.

Seeing that it has both T125 and RS, I assume that Grand is a stamina wheel?
This excites me, since there haven't been many stamina types released compared to attack and defence IMO.
Title changed. Another topic should be made if BB-86 pictures are seen.
(Jul. 11, 2010  1:24 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Title changed. Another topic should be made if BB-86 pictures are seen.
For now, would it be okay to discuss both boosters here or just BB-82?
(Jul. 11, 2010  1:42 AM)OkiBlader Wrote: For now, would it be okay to discuss both boosters here or just BB-82?
BB-86 is not a booster, and, personally, no functional picture has been posted of it, as far as I know.
(Jul. 11, 2010  12:59 AM)OkiBlader Wrote: I honestly think that if nothing is reinforcing the rubber, it'll break. But this is unlikely.
I also think that this will wear down the rubber easier, because it's so thin compared to RF.
But these are just my predictions.

Seeing that it has both T125 and RS, I assume that Grand is a stamina wheel?
This excites me, since there haven't been many stamina types released compared to attack and defence IMO.

I agree about the rubber tip, they may be able to make it more resistant by making the rubber harder or something. Though I do hope Grand is a stamina wheel, so I can use it. Tongue_out
I knew that Metal Wheel couldn't be Rock

Anyway, if that bottom is anything like Grip Sharp Core (it looks like it is) I doubt it will be useful. We better just stick with WB, WD and maybe even MB.
A whale?
I see 2 versions:
White Type: Grand Ketos T125RS
Blue Type: Grand Ketos WD145RS

I guess the Blue Type would be the better get for collection purposes, since it is an uncommon part, but over all I think both tracks are....meh.

And I assume 'Grand' means big, as in a whale is big.
They look awesome, when can we expect them in America so i wont have to import?
As in, Hasbro releasing them?
Not for a loooooooooooooong time.
Hasbro still needs to go through the whole first season, then the second season, which Japan is already well into.
Grand looks like a cross between Earth and Pisces,if you ask me. The circular shape and lack of gaps beckons to Earth,but what protrusions it does have look like the ones on the Metal System Pisces.
I assume this is a new defensive metal wheel. (Finally!)

Lets just hope it's not as hollow as Escolpio...
Whale Bey with RS?

This is pretty awesome. Smile

buuuuut, as it's a random booster, I might just wait for Sono Kong to release it separately.