[Product]  BB-60 Random Booster Vol. 4 Mirage Virgo

(Nov. 03, 2009  3:30 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I am quite sure this is right, but there are still chances that it is not, so do keep that in mind.
EDIT : Actually, besides the fact that the source is not a well-known online store or something, I have no reason to distrust the information.

It seems Mirage Virgo comes with GB145MB, which stands for Gravity Bowl 145 Metal Ball. A description I saw explicitly mentioned that it had metal balls.

Wow, took long enough. I was wondering when they were going to release a track with metal balls. Finally some good parts are being released...

And TT will probably release a MF bottom soon, since they will be releasing MS and MB.
I am not convinced by MB, however it is likely that MS will become the new stamina staple if it is balanced enough.
(Nov. 03, 2009  9:35 PM)Benkei Hanawa Wrote: I am not convinced by MB, however it is likely that MS will become the new stamina staple if it is balanced enough.

It's going to be the exact opposite. MS is going to have horrible balance. MB will be better.
Haha, this effectively makes MS useless, if it already wasn't before we knew about MB.
(Nov. 03, 2009  9:43 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: It's going to be the exact opposite. MS is going to have horrible balance. MB will be better.

Sorry Typo
(MF) Libra GB145MB yeahhhhhhhh breakin rules takin names
MB would be the new best bottom for a defense combo since if it's metal it's going ot have more weight on it which a defense should have.
(Nov. 03, 2009  11:30 PM)cutewolfsam Wrote: MB would be the new best bottom for a defense combo since if it's metal it's going ot have more weight on it which a defense should have.

If the weight diference between MB and WB isn't very big and doesn't affect the bey, it's actually not better, because metal has fewer recoil and can be knocked out more easily.

I wonder if they'll ever release a Rubber Ball bottom (a heavy one)... Now THAT would be good for defense. Tongue_out
Actually really excited for this release, hopefully this'll stimulate the MFB meta a bit.

Surprising release though, what with the weight limit set by TT. Wouldn't surprise me if GB145 was rather light though. Hope to see Metal Flat soon though xD
Metal Ball...that sounds incredibly easy to knock over with certain tracks. And given the size of the average bottom,it may only weigh a little less than a Metal Face.I guess it all comes down to the final design though. *shrug*
(Nov. 04, 2009  12:07 AM)BlackAce Wrote: Metal Ball...that sounds incredibly easy to knock over with certain tracks. And given the size of the average bottom,it may only weigh a little less than a Metal Face.I guess it all comes down to the final design though. *shrug*

ummm? is ball easy to knock over? no. now imagine that. now imagine it weighs more and has less friction. sounds good to me?
That's not what I meant.

I'm not saying Metal Ball will be bad,I'm just saying that I think it serves a different purpose than Ball or Wide Ball.
What purpose would it serve then?
I know this much.

Ball and Wide Ball are good BECAUSE they have some friction.

Metal Ball's appeal sounds like it's more for weight than anything.

Combined with a heavy wheel and a defensive track,it could be extremely functional.

But for me,the Metal series of tips are a different game than the normal and rubber tips.
I just dont see how the material being metal makes it worse for defensive combos.

It weighs more, and has less friction so it will therefore spin longer.

What am I missing?
Ok,we've covered that it will spin longer,and it weighs more,but what about its ability to stay upright after a big hit?

That's what I'm getting at.Less friction and more weight means that it'll fall victim to attack customs that can maintain striking speed.

Honestly,it sounds better for stamina than defense IMO.
(Nov. 04, 2009  2:11 AM)BlackAce Wrote: Ok,we've covered that it will spin longer,and it weighs more,but what about its ability to stay upright after a big hit?

That's what I'm getting at.Less friction and more weight means that it'll fall victim to attack customs that can maintain striking speed.

Honestly,it sounds better for stamina than defense IMO.

The weight will compensate for the lack of friction ...
(Nov. 04, 2009  2:11 AM)BlackAce Wrote: Honestly,it sounds better for stamina than defense IMO.

Stamina combos are better with less weight.
(Nov. 04, 2009  2:13 AM)Corey Wrote: Stamina combos are better with less weight.

True, but to be honest I think the lack of friction will give it better Stamina. I can see this replacing B entirely. Not WB, though.
It can't honestly be heavier than a Metal Face if it's a Bottom.Bottoms aren't that big.Even the heaviest bottom right now only weighs 1.0 grams (Eternal Sharp).
(Nov. 04, 2009  2:14 AM)BlackAce Wrote: It can't honestly be heavier than a Metal Face if it's a Bottom.Bottoms aren't that big.Even the heaviest bottom right now only weighs 1.0 grams (Eternal Sharp).

nobody said it would be
*sigh* I was just trying to make a point that Metal Ball's competitive use all really comes down to how TT makes the thing. If it comes out to be good,it's good.If it's not,it's not. Either way,we'll know when December rolls around.
(Nov. 04, 2009  2:27 AM)BlackAce Wrote: If it comes out to be good,it's good.If it's not,it's not.

wow. thanks for the insight. my mind is blown
(Nov. 04, 2009  2:13 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: True, but to be honest I think the lack of friction will give it better Stamina. I can see this replacing B entirely. Not WB, though.

Will it be better for stamina than bottoms like D, SD, and WD, though?
I can't say for sure. It depends on the nature of the ball.