[Product]  B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21

(Jun. 29, 2020  4:36 PM)JoMario67 Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2020  4:35 PM)Needforspeed Wrote: Its on the back of the box

Is there a picture for that? I don't see it on the Takara Tomy Mall website. And, Death Diabolos comes with a black painted 4 disc.
I don't have prove but it should be there
(Jun. 29, 2020  4:40 PM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2020  4:36 PM)JoMario67 Wrote: Is there a picture for that? I don't see it on the Takara Tomy Mall website. And, Death Diabolos comes with a black painted 4 disc.

Nope delta is not in yhe anime
(Jun. 29, 2020  4:40 PM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2020  4:36 PM)JoMario67 Wrote: Is there a picture for that? I don't see it on the Takara Tomy Mall website. And, Death Diabolos comes with a black painted 4 disc.

Sisco was on the front of the random booster for Curse Satan and not seeing Delta on the front makes me think it won't be in the anime.
(Jun. 29, 2020  4:42 PM)JoMario67 Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2020  4:40 PM)Needforspeed Wrote: I don't have prove but it should be there

Sisco was on the front of the random booster for Curse Satan and not seeing Delta on the front makes me think it won't be in the anime.
Oh yeah just realize that if this bey were in the anime then maybe they put delta on the back just because its to crowded in the front but who knows
(Jun. 29, 2020  4:42 PM)JoMario67 Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2020  4:40 PM)Needforspeed Wrote: I don't have prove but it should be there

Well Kit wasn’t on the front of the random booster with air knight and he was in the anime, so you can’t be so sure.
Okay
Diabolos, one of the most important releases in GT, become the first regular release in Sparking that doesn't have any new parts except Ring and Chip (First Uranus is not a full bey and is exclusive release).
Even the type of Chassis doesn't match.
Other than the two prize beys this random booster really sucks. I'd probably be ok to pay for just the prize layers and maybe burn pheonix, but the rest sucks.
(Jun. 29, 2020  4:45 PM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2020  4:42 PM)JoMario67 Wrote: Sisco was on the front of the random booster for Curse Satan and not seeing Delta on the front makes me think it won't be in the anime.
Oh yeah just realize that if this bey were in the anime then maybe they put delta on the back just because its to crowded in the front but who knows

Fair point, definitely possible he could be in the anime.

(Jun. 29, 2020  4:46 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2020  4:42 PM)JoMario67 Wrote: Sisco was on the front of the random booster for Curse Satan and not seeing Delta on the front makes me think it won't be in the anime.

Well Kit wasn’t on the front of the random booster with air knight and he was in the anime, so you can’t be so sure.
No random booster from Cho-Z had the blader using their bey on the front and this is Sparking.
Delta's not on the package so this may not be in the anime, then again they could work him in, only time will tell (I'll say this: If Drum's arc passes and we're deep into another arc without Delta, he's not gonna be in the anime. He'll most likely be in the manga, given he's been there once before)
LOVE Death Diabolos (Ring + Chip) design. Wow. What's with the violet translucent around the blades? Is that rubber, like Brave Valkyrie? The parts, though, are just SO unfortunate. Holy lord.

Abyss, I like, too. I wasn't a huge fan of Erase, so this is an upgrade. It also has the violet around the blades. Interesting. Similar to Death Diabolos, the parts are beyond random and not fun.

King Fafnir. It does look like Erase Fafnir from the GT Customize set and that's just a "Heh" Beyblade, IMO. Don't love it but don't hate it, either. Just... boring.

Cosmo Pegasus. Lol. Super ugly, honestly. Did we really need another Cosmo re-colour? Especially the ugliest version? This should've been Brave Hyperion/Ragnaruk (all violet)

Burn Phoenix (Blizzard Ver.) - I like the OG MFB version so I'm happy with this choice, even if I own the original. It'll probably need a blue disc to make it look complete.

Emperor Forneus - I really like the colour, but WHO ASKED FOR ANOTHER FORNEUS RE-COLOUR? This should've been Super Valkyrie (all orange or green).

Air Knight - I really like the colour scheme so I'm going to give it a pass. It's not like we had too many Air Knights, anyway. It's ALMOST Garuda.

Dranzer V - WHY?! We're getting it in August with the rest of the V Beyblades. This is lazy to me. It could've and should've been a new Beyblade. Wolborg 2 with Mobius, Galeon, Dark Bull or Dark Wolf. I know Metal Masters is probably getting their own set in the winter/summer so Galaxy Pegasus, Ray Striker, Twisted Tempo, Hades Kerbecs & Meteo L-Drago are probably off-limits.

I know we're getting 2 new rings and a chip in this set but all the other parts are re-used and basically trash. They could've been ambitious and included another new Beyblade or remake. Can you imagine if we received a new Forneus, as well? It could've Random Booster Shu knock-offs. Which would've tied in perfectly with the release of Lane.
(Jun. 29, 2020  4:39 PM)originalzankye Wrote: I love the color reference to the Blue Burn Phoenix! Looks awesome and the rest of the booster has some alright colors for the beys

I'm curious on all the parts for the beys hopefully we get some new stuff
Actually as if right now the new known parts are Abyss ring death Ring and diabolos
Well I'm late to this, but heck yeah Diabolos got an evolution

Although I don't understand why they'd give it 1D and 1S

(Jun. 29, 2020  5:11 PM)KinkoUsagi Wrote: LOVE Death Diabolos (Ring + Chip) design. Wow. What's with the violet translucent around the blades? Is that rubber, like Brave Valkyrie? The parts, though, are just SO unfortunate. Holy lord.

Abyss, I like, too. I wasn't a huge fan of Erase, so this is an upgrade. It also has the violet around the blades. Interesting. Similar to Death Diabolos, the parts are beyond random and not fun.

King Fafnir. It does look like Erase Fafnir from the GT Customize set and that's just a "Heh" Beyblade, IMO. Don't love it but don't hate it, either. Just... boring.

Cosmo Pegasus. Lol. Super ugly, honestly. Did we really need another Cosmo re-colour? Especially the ugliest version? This should've been Brave Hyperion/Ragnaruk (all violet)

Burn Phoenix (Blizzard Ver.) - I like the OG MFB version so I'm happy with this choice, even if I own the original. It'll probably need a blue disc to make it look complete.

Emperor Forneus - I really like the colour, but WHO ASKED FOR ANOTHER FORNEUS RE-COLOUR? This should've been Super Valkyrie (all orange or green).

Air Knight - I really like the colour scheme so I'm going to give it a pass. It's not like we had too many Air Knights, anyway. It's ALMOST Garuda.

Dranzer V - WHY?! We're getting it in August with the rest of the V Beyblades. This is lazy to me. It could've and should've been a new Beyblade. Wolborg 2 with Mobius, Galeon, Dark Bull or Dark Wolf. I know Metal Masters is probably getting their own set in the winter/summer so Galaxy Pegasus, Ray Striker, Twisted Tempo, Hades Kerbecs & Meteo L-Drago are probably off-limits.

I know we're getting 2 new rings and a chip in this set but all the other parts are re-used and basically trash. They could've been ambitious and included another new Beyblade or remake. Can you imagine if we received a new Forneus, as well? It could've Random Booster Shu knock-offs. Which would've tied in perfectly with the release of Lane.

I think the purple part is rubber. Also there are basically no new parts and that's disappointing

Sorry for the spam. Last post tonight I promise, but after squinting at the images I've worked out the discs that each other bey will be getting. (Unless my eyes have deceived me. Also idk about drivers or frames, sorry.)
Abyss Diabolos.5.F' 1S (left-spin)
Death Diabolos.4T.Mr' 1D (right-spin)
Burn Phoenix.00 .?(Ice Blue)
Air Knight.10.? (Yellow)
Dranzer V.0.? (Silver)
Emperor Forneus. Wheel.? (Purple)
King Fafnir.8'.? (Red)
Cosmo Pegasus.7.?.Sou (Green/Pink)
Overall disappointed about the prize beys' parts, but at least they look cool.

Edit: I realised both Diabolos chips aren't just painted with different colors, but are also painted slightly differently. Like some details aren't present in the other. I don't know if that is supposed to mean anything, maybe they made one chip exclusively right and the other exclusively left. I hope this isn't the case, but I guess only time will tell.
After looking at the Diabolos Sparking Chip for a while, it looks like the dual spin will have to do with rotating a part of the chip near the center to adjust the spin. The center part almost looks like a separate piece from the chip, but maybe that's just because it looks like it can rotate (not just the metal part, but also some of the plastic surrounding it). The claws of Diabolos look different on the Death and Abyss bases, but when the center part is rotated then the chips look the same so it's very interesting how TT handled Dual Spin Chips for Sparking.
(Jun. 29, 2020  5:59 PM)JoMario67 Wrote: After looking at the Diabolos Sparking Chip for a while, it looks like the dual spin will have to do with rotating a part of the chip near the center to adjust the spin. The center part almost looks like a separate piece from the chip, but maybe that's just because it looks like it can rotate (not just the metal part, but also some of the plastic surrounding it). The claws of Diabolos look different on the Death and Abyss bases, but when the center part is rotated then the chips look the same so it's very interesting how TT handled Dual Spin Chips for Sparking.

I doubt they'll adjust their spin. 1 is right and 1 is left. Each sticking to one spin gets people to buy more boosters to get both, so TT makes more money.
from the box image, i assume this wont be owned by Delta?
(Jun. 29, 2020  6:02 PM)snoc Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2020  5:59 PM)JoMario67 Wrote: After looking at the Diabolos Sparking Chip for a while, it looks like the dual spin will have to do with rotating a part of the chip near the center to adjust the spin. The center part almost looks like a separate piece from the chip, but maybe that's just because it looks like it can rotate (not just the metal part, but also some of the plastic surrounding it). The claws of Diabolos look different on the Death and Abyss bases, but when the center part is rotated then the chips look the same so it's very interesting how TT handled Dual Spin Chips for Sparking.

I doubt they'll adjust their spin. 1 is right and 1 is left. Each sticking to one spin gets people to buy more boosters to get both, so TT makes more money.

There's this in the description for the product: "Both rotation compatible sparking chip equipped with metal!" That confirms it's dual spin for sure.
(Jun. 29, 2020  6:05 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: from the box image, i assume this wont be owned by Delta?

It prob wont appear in the anime at all. If its not own by Delta and they dont wanna spoil the character, that might also be possible.

(Jun. 29, 2020  6:06 PM)JoMario67 Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2020  6:02 PM)snoc Wrote: I doubt they'll adjust their spin. 1 is right and 1 is left. Each sticking to one spin gets people to buy more boosters to get both, so TT makes more money.

There's this in the description for the product: "Both rotation compatible sparking chip equipped with metal!"  That confirms it's dual spin for sure.

oh, you mean the chip

edit: well maybe also the ring, but I think each will be locked too 1 spin
(Jun. 29, 2020  6:02 PM)snoc Wrote:

Yes while that point may be true (that TT is tryin to make more money) it is much more easier for them to make each chip a separate rotation because either the chip has to be L/R or the chassis has to be L/R
(Jun. 29, 2020  6:06 PM)snoc Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2020  6:05 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: from the box image, i assume this wont be owned by Delta?

It prob wont appear in the anime at all. If its not own by Delta and they dont wanna spoil the character, that might also be possible.

(Jun. 29, 2020  6:06 PM)JoMario67 Wrote: There's this in the description for the product: "Both rotation compatible sparking chip equipped with metal!"  That confirms it's dual spin for sure.

oh, you mean the chip

Yeah, the bases are definitely not dual spin.
This definitely isn't my favorite RBV, but I'll be buying a full set as I always have. I actually kinda thought King Fafnir could be in this set. I was just randomly thinking "what's a likely new Sparking combo that could go in one of the upcoming random boosters" and King Fafnir is what I thought of lol. I do like the blue Burn Phoenix, but beyond that I don't like this set much. I actually don't really mind the combo for Death Diabolos but I don't like the one for Abyss. It would've been cool if they gave one of them Generate. Hopefully there are more of the newer Sparking drivers included in this set, like Xceed or something.

EDIT: I also wonder if these beys could have a similar gimmick to Shelter Regulus.

Oh no...
To all the people complaining about the disks, just take a step back and think on it. They are cramming in layers from 4 different systems: Sparking, GT, Cho-Z, and Remake layers. It's fairly common knowledge that they like the weights of random booster beys to be similar, but this is difficult when you're adding a plastic gen remake layer into the mix. That basically guarantees that you'll need to make that combo super heavy to be even similar to the weight of the far more advanced GT and Sparking systems. It's a thing they had to do to pull this sort of thing off to begin with.

Doing this also lets then add on what is clearly Wheel to Emperor Forneus (which is the nicest looking Forneus released imo), as eF is fairly lightweight for the Cho-Z system and can use the weight too. At least they kept all the disks to a reasonable enough weight and avoided the real jank like 11, 12, and 13, which is all too likely for a booster like this.

Now, for my comments:
Death Diabolos just generally feels like the better prize combo to me. Even if Turn is a bit scrapey, it feels fitting and satisfying here. Hard to tell whether it's white or clear though. Merge' isn't the best, but it's fun.

Abyss Diabolos is altogether unsatisfying with it's 5 Fusion' combo. At least it has 1S as an improvement over 1D, but still. At least it looks awesome.

King Fafnir similarly looks cool, but it's 8' disk is moderate at best to keep the weight balance with its 1S chassis. This'll only be as good as its driver.

Cosmo Pegasus has this sort of weird mixed toxins vibe about it, but I think Union Spriggan from the last random booster did that better. 7 disk is good, Sou weight sort of sucks, and once again I don't think there's really much here short of driver.

Emperor Forneus is fresh, if highly unexpected. Sweet color scheme, Wheel disk, but that disk is probably its most valuable part regardless of driver. Glad to see Wheel make it to a random booster really.

Air Knight is a weird choice to me, but I suppose I can roll with it. 10 disk is oddly fitting for it. Still not very impressive to me though. Air Knight just really never hit me very hard, unlike Garuda.

The Ice recolor of Burn Phoenix? Yes please! I loves the Burn Phoenix release, and this is an amazing throwback recolor of it. Was sort of expecting Rock Leone instead, but this is much, much better. 00 is always handy, will definitely want this.

Dranzer V, and not in its original colors. I actually like that they're teasing those layers out early with this in a different color, so there's no issue with getting both the random booster and set versions that's been an issue in the past (especially with the first plastic gen set. With only one bey unreleased at that point, it just didn't go down well for me). Does remind me of Wolborg acually, and I'm alright with that.
(Jun. 29, 2020  6:10 PM)freefafnir8 Wrote:

Oh no...

it prob wont appear in the anime period. Maybe the manga though. It could also be they don't wanna spoil a new character, but less likely imo.
Let's hope not, but it could be that since there are 2 prizes they moved Delta's picture to the back