33.33%
FIFA
44.44%
Don't know
22.22%
Total: 100% 9 vote(s)
Which do you prefer, and why?
Um, are you going to tell us which one you prefer? :-P
lol, that would be a good idea. I prefer Pro Evolution to be honest. FIFA is just to slow for my taste.
I haven't played PES but fifa is rock solid and hasn't convinced me to play pes b/c fifa is so good imo. I just like the play and feel of fifa.
I'm not a big soccer fan but, way back my old friend and I used to play the old fifa on the PS1! lol
(Oct. 20, 2008  6:35 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote: lol, that would be a good idea. I prefer Pro Evolution to be honest. FIFA is just to slow for my taste.

how is fifa slow? :-/
Here comes Silver Kane in 3..2..1..!
pes is the best,hey guys what tems do u like and play with?i play with intermillan but i like manchester more Smile
I can't play soccer games, it always seems a new one comes out every week. Be if Fifa, PES, Euro, [enter host country name and year here], Champions League... Ugh, it's like North American football, too many, college, NFL, Allstars, no thanks.
(Oct. 20, 2008  6:35 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote: lol, that would be a good idea. I prefer Pro Evolution to be honest. FIFA is just to slow for my taste.

you clearly haven't played fifa 09..

i used to think PES was better, every version up untill the current ones (pes09vsfifa09), because pes09 carp sucked, while fifa had improved ALOT

so i'm voting fifa based on this year, but if it was any other year, i'd vote for pes

btw i own or have owned:
fifa: 98, WC98, 99,2002, WC 2002, 2004,2005,WC 2006, 2008, Euro 2008, 2009
pes: PES 2, 3, 5, 6, 2008

Smile
i need to try fifa 09. but to TO they release a new one each year because the rosters change each year. for example in terms you will know, in the NHL each team changes players every year, thats why each year they release a new nhl game. the same for soccer games.
(Oct. 20, 2008  10:17 PM)SK Wrote:

i used to think PES was better, every version up untill the current ones (pes09vsfifa09), because pes09 carp sucked, while fifa had improved ALOT

so i'm voting fifa based on this year, but if it was any other year, i'd vote for pes

btw i own or have owned:

Smile

Erm, okay, I'm talking about the whole series, and my comment was just a generalisation...
(Oct. 21, 2008  2:15 AM)beymasterkai Wrote: i need to try fifa 09. but to TO they release a new one each year because the rosters change each year. for example in terms you will know, in the NHL each team changes players every year, thats why each year they release a new nhl game. the same for soccer games.
i think it will be a great idea if you were able to update the players teams and the uniforms from the internet ,then u wont have to buy the new game evry year
(Oct. 21, 2008  3:43 PM)pegasis Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2008  2:15 AM)beymasterkai Wrote: i need to try fifa 09. but to TO they release a new one each year because the rosters change each year. for example in terms you will know, in the NHL each team changes players every year, thats why each year they release a new nhl game. the same for soccer games.
i think it will be a great idea if you were able to update the players teams and the uniforms from the internet ,then u wont have to buy the new game evry year

some games do do that but they most prob. wont b/c then they will loose money wont they Wink
well..your right,i wanted to ask what does the update do in pes2008 ps3?
erm i dont play theese games but acording to a mag i read it says fifa 09 was better than pes 09 but i dunno.
(Oct. 21, 2008  6:01 AM)ChozenBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2008  10:17 PM)SK Wrote:

btw i own or have owned:

Smile

Erm, okay, I'm talking about the whole series, and my comment was just a generalisation...
only fifa version (that i've tried) that has been slower than pes is 2008..
there's in-game editors and fan-made patches online

but it's not the same game each year, there is a huge difference between fifa 09 and fifa 08

with the pes series i kinda agree though, they've pretty much been running on the same engine since PES5

You're confused about my point. I'm not asking why there is one every year, I'm asking why EA feels the need to release more then one a year. Look at SK's list. Notice how the EA games have multiple games of the same year. Why? I know those FIFA video games have international tournaments, and the teams rosters haven't been finalized, so rosters are irrelevant. So again, why?

(Oct. 21, 2008  3:50 PM)beymasterkai Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2008  3:43 PM)pegasis Wrote:

some games do do that but they most prob. wont b/c then they will loose money wont they Wink

Make it a pay download for lineup updates past that games' year, while also offering new versions of that franchise like they currently do, so that people can get graphical, an gameplay updates.
whell they have different ones each year because they are different leagues. and different tournaments. they have fifa each year, they have UEFA champions league then they have the UEFA Euro cup which it every 2 years (i think) they have a game for every world cup soo its mostly to make more money. and in ones like world cup, you get to pretend you are playing the world cup matches with the teams that qualified. while in normal fifa is just soccer matches. i hope this clears it up better.
(Oct. 22, 2008  3:18 PM)beymasterkai Wrote: whell they have different ones each year because they are different leagues. and different tournaments. they have fifa each year, they have UEFA champions league then they have the UEFA Euro cup which it every 2 years (i think) they have a game for every world cup soo its mostly to make more money. and in ones like world cup, you get to pretend you are playing the world cup matches with the teams that qualified. while in normal fifa is just soccer matches. i hope this clears it up better.

Euro is every 4 years. Same with World Cup. The last champions league game released was 06/07, there won't be any more, since EA lost the CL lisence to Konami (champions league is now a included mode in PES, but not a actual game)
(Oct. 22, 2008  3:18 PM)beymasterkai Wrote: whell they have different ones each year because they are different leagues. and different tournaments. they have fifa each year, they have UEFA champions league then they have the UEFA Euro cup which it every 2 years (i think) they have a game for every world cup soo its mostly to make more money. and in ones like world cup, you get to pretend you are playing the world cup matches with the teams that qualified. while in normal fifa is just soccer matches. i hope this clears it up better.

And now you know why I don't buy Soccer games, I don't see different hockey video games for the various World Tournaments held by the IIHF(Mostly likely due to fanbase size, and there may have been a '04 World Cup Of Hockey game...), etc, and I, and apparently the rest of the hockey caring world(which is mostly the Canada part of North America with some European countries as well) live with our NHL games to play World tournaments. Despite the fact that NHL's rules actually differ from the international rules(although, this can be changed in the menus of the NHL games IIRC).