Price Reference List Update?

So, I was looking into prices for Beyblades and I found a Price Reference List that I thought would be awesome to use as a tool for buyers and sellers to look at. Problem was, it was last updated 2 years ago. Should we work on updating this as a community project to help people get fair pricing?

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...rence_List
The new list is located on our merged site, Beyblade Wiki: http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Beyblade_...rence_List

I will move this to the Beywiki Project forum due to this. But yes, if some of you think it should be updated, go ahead and post some proposed changes, however remember that all Beyblades outside of Burst right now are rather cheap. The first Aries and Pisces are litterally worth less than fifty dollars now.
The majority of the list is tremendously out of date. And Aries and Pisces aren't a great example since they were rereleased in the exact same form for far cheaper and MFB doesn't have much interest for collectors compared to what Plastics and HMS have.
I still question if there is really an objective, accurate way of measuring this at all without some sort of automation.
(Sep. 26, 2016  10:02 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I still question if there is really an objective, accurate way of measuring this at all without some sort of automation.

I suppose but at least we could have it known what the general best price everything goes for. I don't think that would be too objective. Personally I disagreed with some of the stuff on the original list based on the fact that you were not you weren't going to find it that cheap. For example bound defencer has always been pretty rare and you were very unlikely to be able to find one NIB for $10 + shipping. It just wasn't going to happen.
(Sep. 26, 2016  10:23 PM)Ultra Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2016  10:02 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I still question if there is really an objective, accurate way of measuring this at all without some sort of automation.

I suppose but at least we could have it known what the general best price everything goes for. I don't think that would be too objective. Personally I disagreed with some of the stuff on the original list based on the fact that you were not you weren't going to find it that cheap. For example bound defencer has always been pretty rare and you were very unlikely to be able to find one NIB for $10 + shipping. It just wasn't going to happen.

For sure, but how we decide what price to actually put there? It can't just be someone's gut feeling, can it?
(Sep. 26, 2016  9:55 PM)Ultra Wrote: The majority of the list is tremendously out of date. And Aries and Pisces aren't a great example since they were rereleased in the exact same form for far cheaper and MFB doesn't have much interest for collectors compared to what Plastics and HMS have.

Even some Plastics and HMS were up for auction for lower prices than before.

That being said, I trust you to come up with the new reference prices the most probably, so it would be great if you could help.
(Sep. 26, 2016  10:31 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2016  10:23 PM)Ultra Wrote:

For sure, but how we decide what price to actually put there? It can't just be someone's gut feeling, can it?

Base it on several different websites and the price people on the site have paid for it I guess.

(Sep. 26, 2016  10:40 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2016  9:55 PM)Ultra Wrote: The majority of the list is tremendously out of date. And Aries and Pisces aren't a great example since they were rereleased in the exact same form for far cheaper and MFB doesn't have much interest for collectors compared to what Plastics and HMS have.

Even some Plastics and HMS were up for auction for lower prices than before.

That being said, I trust you to come up with the new reference prices the most probably, so it would be great if you could help.

Tbh I don't have any figures apart from the price reference list which I never considered that accurate and it's been so long I can't even remember but I don't feel that the price of any staples or rare items has significantly dropped. As I said to Brad some things on the list I have never agreed with from the beginning so as long as others agreed those could be changed at least. I wasn't planning on spearheading it (although if there are a lack of contributers I might) but i'll have some major input for sure.
I mean, you regularly check Yahoo! Japan Auctions, right? I think we should get a group of people who frequently look at prices there, if only to confirm your proposed revised list. ashton pinto might be good too, he seems to be interested in some auctions that end up super high at least hah.
I have been watching YJA super regularly since the last 2 years. When burst was first released, the prices of plastics and HMS dropped down drastically.
But now it's almost the same though at times when HMS are sold individually they go a little higher. In a HUGE lot they go very cheap, most probably because not many people can pay 1k USD or more. MFB as well is going high but at a lower speed rate - though ther are many MFB lots when compared to the other systems
Logistically, we really can only make an average price. Since these products are really no longer on the market with an MSRP, it's hard to tell what to charge/pay for them. Everyone just says, "make an offer" or just gives out a random price they feel is right. I feel there should be a way to determine value, but then again, value is subjective. All we really can do is check Yahoo auction, eBay (and cringe), or Rakuten, or something, and try to get a base estimate.
An average still helps. In my opinion, the crazy prices people are willing to pay for x Beyblade should not be counted...
(Sep. 27, 2016  12:43 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I mean, you regularly check Yahoo! Japan Auctions, right? I think we should get a group of people who frequently look at prices there, if only to confirm your proposed revised list. ashton pinto might be good too, he seems to be interested in some auctions that end up super high at least hah.
I have been regularly checking YJA And It would be pleasure to help in this. The Thing is I have seen many rare beyblades sometimes go at very low price and some going more than the Price mentioned in the Price Reference List. I have been watching a lot of Items including Lots and Burst Generation items too. As Morrty Said I guess we will need to have a average price because everywhere the prices are different. I have seen some items which have been in YJA for like a year or so but they haven't even sold yet because of their prizes or maybe because no one is interested.

For Example The BB-121 Ultimate DX Set I have seen them going for as high as 90 $ and even as low as 32 $ and just some days back I saw one going for 50 to 60 $ Again hah.
But on eBay they have very high prices.

But yes I can definitely say one thing is that the Burst Generation items are going very high specially Burst Lots. I rarely see Burst Lots going for low value other than that they go for very high value.
For Example the Limited Gold Excalibur Which was going for like 20 to 30 $ ? I guess the time it was released in WHF and then the prices went really high and again few days ago I saw someone listed many and they were going again for like 18 to 30 $ ! Still they do pop up for low prices sometimes.

Sometimes The Dranzer GT as the price mentioned is 100 $ in the list I have seen them going for like 80 $ to 150 $ ! Just some days back I saw some Dranzer GTs going in that range.

So yes lot of prices in the list needs to be updated for sure and still if we get a Average Price for a item but I guess there's no accurate way of getting the correct price always without any sort of automation or so.

Cheers !!!
Burst.
I'm assuming when the Dranzer GT's you're referring to aren't in box because they don't sell that low on YJA for NIB ones. The prices on the list are all new.
(Sep. 28, 2016  9:37 AM)Ultra Wrote: I'm assuming when the Dranzer GT's you're referring to aren't in box because they don't sell that low on YJA for NIB ones. The prices on the list are all new.
Oh no actually I am talking about the NIB ones ! I have seen Dranzer GT going NIB going for like between 120 to 160 $ Approx and Here is a link to a Dranzer GT which had sold for 155 $ Approx. ( The Photo was there like around 10 to 12 days back but I guess its erased by Yahoo Japan Auctions System hah)

http://page21.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/au...j402596835
Not only this but totally 3 were listed including this one and other two had gone for like I guess 120 $ and 135 $ or so but yes all the three were under 160 $ hah !

Where as I have seen a good Condition Dranzer GT going for like 40 $ to 70 $ and here is the link for 40 $ or 4000 Yen
http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c569716394

I have seen Some Dranzer GTs In Lots and some like Used ones and also there was a Two Piece NIB Dranzer GT lot which I guess had gone for like 220 to 240 $ Approx.
Okay but that's pretty far off from $80 for the NIB ones. And generally they used to stay at around 20000 yen a few months ago. Could just be a blip.
Is this still the only price guide? The one at http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Beyblade_...rence_List does not state when it was last updated.

For Magic: the Gathering cards, there are several sites and apps that scrape multiple site price listings and give an average. Maybe that's the path to take?

I just purchased a huge lot of MIB Hasbro Metal Fusion beys and have no idea what to list them for. I am selling on U.S. ebay where i feel selling by auction may not generate enough bidders, so a buy-it-now price is what i'm looking for.