Pottery thread

Don't know if there is a topic on this yet but hey might as well begin one, I love pottery ever since high school I have had a avid liking for it. Now that i'm out I plan to do something about my yearning of potteyr, I plan to build a little studio and throw my own pots,vases,cups,etc.

Please discuss any thing related to pottery whether it be hand made, carving, or wheel work. As for me I do (did) wheel work though I had to suck up to the teacher to do so XD.
Well I enjoy pottery myself(actually, maybe more of anything to do with clay), but haven't been able to do much with it in a while. The last thing I remember making was last school year in art class where I made a pair of clay combat boots. I would luv to post a picture of them, too, but sadly they exploded in the kiln. Very sad, but I got over it. Haha :p
(Sep. 18, 2012  4:31 AM)BestLeoneBlader Wrote: Well I enjoy pottery myself(actually, maybe more of anything to do with clay), but haven't been able to do much with it in a while. The last thing I remember making was last school year in art class where I made a pair of clay combat boots. I would luv to post a picture of them, too, but sadly they exploded in the kiln. Very sad, but I got over it. Haha :p

Did you get the air pockets out? If not thats what may have done them in, Rule of thumb with clay whether molded or thrown ALL the air bubbles must be gone...or poked to ensure that it goes safely into the kiln. I once threw a BEAUTIFUL bottle only to have it blow up...it is such a tragedy....
that might've been it...yes, very very sad when those things happen. thx, ill be sure to get out all the air pockets next time i use clay. haha Smile
There's a pottery thread, seriously?! I do a little pottery in art class, one time I made a teacup type of thing for my mom (It looks like a motorcycle).
(Sep. 19, 2012  1:38 AM)Akio314 Wrote: There's a pottery thread, seriously?! I do a little pottery in art class, one time I made a teacup type of thing for my mom (It looks like a motorcycle).

is that a problem? anyway did you throw it on a wheel or was it hand molded?
(Sep. 19, 2012  4:32 AM)Clonetos Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2012  1:38 AM)Akio314 Wrote: There's a pottery thread, seriously?! I do a little pottery in art class, one time I made a teacup type of thing for my mom (It looks like a motorcycle).

It was hand molded. I also make other stuff in art class every once in a while.
(Sep. 19, 2012  1:37 PM)Akio314 Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2012  4:32 AM)Clonetos Wrote:

It was hand molded. I also make other stuff in art class every once in a while.

I see anyway I am TERRIBLE at hand making pottery I do so much better on a wheel it allows me to be more creative and control it alot better. Also for anyone who wants to see a master potter at work I suggest looking up youdanxxx he is a british potter AMAZING work heck heres a vid of his I suggest watching his techniques because they sure helped me out.