(Post) Harcore/Punk/Metal Thread

Hey everyone! I thought this would be a cool topic to have seeing as it's becoming more popular to people now. Basically I figured this thread could be used to post news and opinions on bands within the post-hardcore, hardcore, metal, punk, etc. genres. Post who you like, what you like of them, who you hate, and why ypu dislike them! I'll do some album reviews occasionally even to older stuff so post sugestions. Just remember, this is all rock music!

Here are some questions I have been wanting to ask:

—Is the pop punk/punk rock scene becoming too mainstream?
—Are the heavy riffs in hardcore music becoming too repitive?
—Is double bass even cool anymore?

Anyways, some of my personal favorite bands within these sub-genres are Asking Alexandria, Linkin Park, Avenged Sevenfold, Bring Me the Horizon, Escape the Fate, System of a Down, Memphis May Fire, Crown the Empire, Black Veil Brides, etc.!

Me and my friend are actually putting together a post-hardcore/punk group on his dad's band's request. We have one song unofficially recorded! We don't have a name yet, but hopefully we can make something of it and get in a studio at some point. I'm the vocalist, drummer, and song writer, he plays guitar, and his little brother plays bass and drums.

NOTE: These genres are known to have explicit content. If you post links be sure to make sure it steers away from that or is at least censored.
(Jan. 27, 2015  4:17 AM)Tri Wrote: —Is the pop punk/punk rock scene becoming too mainstream?
—Are the heavy riffs in hardcore music becoming too repitive?

(More of a metal-head than a punk,) I feel the punk scene has been too commercial for years. American punk is just somthing I have struggled to like in any way shape or form. (I used to give guitar lessons for years so you have to keep an open ear.) Greenday was never a band that I warmed to in anyway shape or form, they have a lot to answer for in my opinion.

It is interesting that you question wether hardcore riffs are getting too repetative. I do not think that being repetitive is a bad thing if the riff is cool and have interesting rhythms... RATM, System of a Down, etc anyone? The tones / rhythms are all too similar for my ears though.

I gave up looking for new bands years ago but here is a Welsh band called Skindred who caught my ear, they are a Regge/Metal crossover.
LOL IT'S OUT STANDING

CAN EVERY one come over to ps209 school park friday
I love metalcore/hardcore stuff! My favourite band is The Devil Wears Prada... they just released a new song! Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Xmld2OsF4
I get to see The Devil Wears Prada at Mayhem this year! They're on the mainstage with Slayer and HellYeah. I'm pumped, but not as much as what I was for last years main stage (Trivium, Asking Aldxandria, Korn, and Avenged Sevenfold).
Not trying to be offensive at all, but what's the attraction to this music? I've listened to some songs posted in this thread and over the years, and it's basically people screaming with like hardcore rock. Sorry if I came off as disrespectful, just wondering.
It's takes quite a bit of skill to use enough force from your diaphram and not completely ruin your vocal cords. It's just personal opinion really, and nobody can question that.

Many of these types of bands very melodic voices and screaming is not always used. A lot of the lyrics are very meaningful and opinionated.

You've fallen into the trap of a very common stereotype, I hope you return Smile.