Possible Reinforcement

This method I'm considering to use to improve and even repair the plastic old-school Beyblades. This method is untested, I plan to do it today on a snapped Attack Ring to see if it will not only repair, but reinforce the ring. These modifications MAY make the blade more competitive against the new age Metal Fusion Blades.

Keep in mind, these are possibly dangerous and experimental...Not to mention untested.

What I need:
- 1x Soldering Iron
- 1x Spindle of Soldering
- 1x Damaged/Cracked OldSchool Attack Ring
- 1x Steel Wool or Sponge (to clean up excess Solder)
- Patience.

Using the solder material, I plan to attach the pieces of the snapped/damaged attack ring together and possibly solder the outsides of the ring (especially for spiked rings, and might be easier for more curved rings).

Does anyone think this is stupid, or a good idea?
restoreing an old school bey weight disk sounds more expensive than buying a new one off toy wiz. You should probably actually test this first though, then post results.
I'm not reinforcing the weight disks, but the attack ring (top disk) instead. I'm going to perform it now. BRB!
I'm pretty sure fixing broken parts is illegal so this thread is pointless.

And
(Nov. 08, 2010  6:28 PM)MegaMasterX Wrote: . . . These modifications MAY make the blade more competitive against the new age Metal Fusion Blades.
This isn't the correct way to use the word "competitive."
perhaps he doesn't use it in tournaments?
I don't. There aren't ever Beyblade tournaments in NC, that I know of.
Even if there are, I've never competed in one.

Competitive can be used in the context I used it for.

I've completed the repair, I used 2 rings, one of which was snapped in 2, the other with minor cracks that pointed to ring damage in the future. Dranzer (SpinGear) was the ring that was severed in 2.

Dranzer SpinGear Pre-Repair (Launch--->Rest): 1:02 (Spin Gear not engaged)
Dranzer SpinGear Post-Repair (Launch-->Rest): 0:58 (Spin Gear not engaged)

From this, and how it spun for the duration of the test, I found that the ring stayed very sturdy against Draciel Fortress (Metal Ball Base). The results of a 3-round match were 2-0 in Dranzer's favor. From this data, I've found that the repair was a success, but slightly deteriorated the performance of the Beyblade. For a top that had a completly severed attack ring, I believe it did well.

That being said, I also cleaned up a crack in the second attack ring, that of Dragoon Storm (Left Spin). The performance was barely unaltered.

Dragoon S Pre-Repair (Launch--->Rest): 1:14
Dragoon S Post-Repair (Launch--->Rest): 1:08

So, that's my data. I'm sorry if you all don't like it, but its a method that will be usable.

Also, I don't plan on using these blades in tournament play. I have other blades for that Smile
I will move this to Your Creations, but illegal parts discussion does not belong in the regular Beyblade forums at all.