[Portland, OR/Seattle, WA] - Interest in Tournaments?

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to start hosting tournaments in the Portland/Seattle area and wanted to guage interest.

I am hoping to work with WBO and local sponsors in order to provide bigger prize pools such as Beyblade Merch, Games & Gaming Accessories in addition to Beyblades.

If you would be interested in attending a tournament in the Portland/Seattle area please comment below. I look forward to hosting tournaments and helping grow the community!
Of course. Let’s get it!!!
I could go for some more tournaments. If you ever need help hosting or have any questions my pms are always open. I wish you luck on becoming an Organizer!
Oh yea this is about to be lit 🔥
I'd be down. i think a good middle location for all of us would be olympia or vancouver if closer to protland is what you want
I'd love to join in if you're still accepting more people
I live in the Tri-Cities area of Southeastern Washington state. I can go by car if I'm able to.
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I’m in McMinnville, OR and my son and I would definitely be interested in finding some chill bladers to rip with.
Anyone from close-by?
(Dec. 30, 2022  7:34 AM)Wizard.Spryzen Wrote: Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I’m in McMinnville, OR and my son and I would definitely be interested in finding some chill bladers to rip with.
Anyone from close-by?

Lyriq
Hello everyone! I apologize for the delayed response. I wasn't getting notifications. To update everyone, yes, we still plan to host tournaments soon. We are looking at January 28th for our first tournament. Venue is tbd at the moment, but we have a couple of options to pick from. How does Saturday the 28th sound?
(Jan. 04, 2023  4:20 AM)Lyriq Wrote: Hello everyone! I apologize for the delayed response. I wasn't getting notifications. To update everyone, yes, we still plan to host tournaments soon. We are looking at January 28th for our first tournament. Venue is tbd at the moment, but we have a couple of options to pick from. How does Saturday the 28th sound?

If the venue isn’t too far, I’m probably down. I’m usually more available on Sundays, but I can make time if the venue is right. I’ll try to keep checking back for updates.
Hello everyone!

Hope 2023 is treating everyone good so far! A lot has changed for me in the past 2 months and I havent really had time to play. I have good news and not-so-good news to share with everyone. I'll start with the not-so -good news.

The not-so-good news is that we weren't able to do a tourney in January. That's it. Not bad right? lol

The good news is, I bought a house in Hillsboro, OR. About 15-20 minutes outside of Portland. It is located directly across from McKinney Elementary. This would make a really nice venue for tourneys. They even have a covered area to protect us from the elements. I wanted to check in with everyone to see if Hillsboro would work or if that's too far. I'd love to hear from you all. If Hillsboro is too far for some of you, we can try to find something closer to Portland. I think the extra 15-20 minute drive is 100% worth it. If this works for most of us, we can host a tournament as soon as February! Let me know what y'all think!
(Jan. 26, 2023  11:12 PM)Lyriq Wrote: Hello everyone!

Hope 2023 is treating everyone good so far! A lot has changed for me in the past 2 months and I havent really had time to play. I have good news and not-so-good news to share with everyone. I'll start with the not-so -good news.

The not-so-good news is that we weren't able to do a tourney in January. That's it. Not bad right? lol

The good news is, I bought a house in Hillsboro, OR. About 15-20 minutes outside of Portland. It is located directly across from McKinney Elementary. This would make a really nice venue for tourneys. They even have a covered area to protect us from the elements. I wanted to check in with everyone to see if Hillsboro would work or if that's too far. I'd love to hear from you all. If Hillsboro is too far for some of you, we can try to find something closer to Portland. I think the extra 15-20 minute drive is 100% worth it. If this works for most of us, we can host a tournament as soon as February! Let me know what y'all think!

It’s a little further out, but there’s a new game store out here in McMinnville that is willing to host Beyblade tourneys and meetups. I spoke with the owner last week, and we went in and played for a couple hours. He asked a lot of questions and even said he would look into getting some Takara Tomy product in, if possible.

The shop is called Rip n Card Trick, and it’s right off of HWY99. My very small local group will probably be meeting there on Mondays for the foreseeable future, so I’d be happy to help with logistics. 

The owner even said he’d be willing to set aside an entire day of the week if we can get some hype going for it. 

I know it isn’t a crazy far drive from Hillsboro, but we are just a bit further from Portland.
(Feb. 08, 2023  6:40 PM)Wizard.Spryzen Wrote: LyriqHello everyone!
It’s a little further out, but there’s a new game store out here in McMinnville that is willing to host Beyblade tourneys and meetups. I spoke with the owner last week, and we went in and played for a couple hours. He asked a lot of questions and even said he would look into getting some Takara Tomy product in, if possible.
The shop is called Rip n Card Trick, and it’s right off of HWY99. My very small local group will probably be meeting there on Mondays for the foreseeable future, so I’d be happy to help with logistics. 
The owner even said he’d be willing to set aside an entire day of the week if we can get some hype going for it. 
I know it isn’t a crazy far drive from Hillsboro, but we are just a bit further from Portland.
That's awesome! I'll see if I can stop by this Monday!
We have an Oregon channel in the WBO discord now, so if anyone is looking, there’s a small group of us in there now, and maybe more by the time you get there.
(Jun. 10, 2023  6:24 PM)Twerking potato Wrote: Sure what time?

I host weekly meetups in McMinnville, OR.
I sent you a DM with some details.
Coming back to resurrect this beast again.
I’m hosting two ranked events in McMinnville, OR this month on the 9th and the 30th. So if anyone is interested, feel free to join. We only have 4 heads for each right now, and we max at 12, so grab a spot while you can!