Pokemon Special Manga

This is one of the best manga ever. It is apparently Satoshi's real ideal world of the Pokemon franchise not like the anime. Though Pikachu is a main, Red's first pokemon is Bulbasaur and so they take an unforgettable journey.

Here is the Manga cover for Vol 1.

[Image: logo.jpg]

See any similarities to Ash? Me either! Except for the Pikachu. And this Guy is called "Red".

Anyways, post what you think of this manga.
Kool I want to get the manga so that guy on the front aint ash
(Jul. 11, 2009  7:09 AM)LAITON Wrote: Kool I want to get the manga so that guy on the front aint ash

I encourage everyone to get this manga. It has a intertwining storyline...and cool characters.
(Jul. 11, 2009  7:09 AM)LAITON Wrote: Kool I want to get the manga so that guy on the front aint ash

nope. His name is Red, and Gary...or the one that looks simular to Gary is called Green. While the girl is called Blue. x3
I loved this manga when I was younger. Honestly, it's probably what got me into anime/manga to begin with. That and toonami. I recommend it. Tongue_out Oh, and the story doesn't suck like in the anime.
(Jul. 13, 2009  3:29 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: I loved this manga when I was younger. Honestly, it's probably what got me into anime/manga to begin with. That and toonami. I recommend it. Tongue_out Oh, and the story doesn't suck like in the anime.

That is so true. The manga is so much better and it makes more sense then Pikachu killing ground-types. :\
My friend reads that manga i haven't considered it until now
(Jul. 13, 2009  3:32 AM)Dragonsclaw Wrote: That is so true. The manga is so much better and it makes more sense then Pikachu killing ground-types. :\

I believe Red's pikachu blew up Brock's Onix. It's a rock type but, same thing.
(Jul. 13, 2009  3:32 AM)Dragonsclaw Wrote: That is so true. The manga is so much better and it makes more sense then Pikachu killing ground-types. :\

*shrugs* there's still Gold's Togetaro killing Silver's (borrowed) Tyranitar with Double-Edge, though.
(Jul. 14, 2009  5:01 AM)Hyuuga Neji Wrote: *shrugs* there's still Gold's Togetaro killing Silver's (borrowed) Tyranitar with Double-Edge, though.

Well, he did weaken it down with all his other pokemon :\
(Jul. 14, 2009  4:37 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I believe Red's pikachu blew up Brock's Onix. It's a rock type but, same thing.

Its funny cause its a rock type but is later made a ground type...
Yay! There are other people who like this manga! XD I can honestly say that Pokemon Special is definitely my favorite manga. It's a lot better than the anime and it has WAY better characters, plot and the villains are actually....well, villains!
I love the manga. That and the video games are the only Pokemon things I still like now.
One of my favorite mangas of all time. I really recommend it to any Pokemon fan, even if you hate books.

My favorite characters are Ruby, Red, Green, Gold, and Black, mostly Ruby because I love his character design and that although he's a badass trainer, he's also a really good Coordinator.

My all time favorite chapter is when Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald revived the Pokedex Holders and they all used Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant, and Hydro Cannon to destroy Guile Hideout and the Fake Kyogre before they could destroy the Battle Frontier.
I adore this manga! Silver, Gold, and Crystal are awesome! My favorite character is Eusine, though. He's such a silly nerd! I think he has a crush on Crys!
(Jun. 05, 2012  3:08 AM)Nuzumaki90 Wrote: One of my favorite mangas of all time. I really recommend it to any Pokemon fan, even if you hate books.

My favorite characters are Ruby, Red, Green, Gold, and Black, mostly Ruby because I love his character design and that although he's a badass trainer, he's also a really good Coordinator.

My all time favorite chapter is when Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald revived the Pokedex Holders and they all used Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant, and Hydro Cannon to destroy Guile Hideout and the Fake Kyogre before they could destroy the Battle Frontier.

Which Volumes or How many are there in the Hoenn Manga
Yellow, Nuff said. I dun care what you say, but yellow is the best.
(Jul. 12, 2009  4:19 AM)Assault Wrote:

nope. His name is Red, and Gary...or the one that looks simular to Gary is called Green. While the girl is called Blue. x3

In the American version they switched Green and Blue's names around.
My favorite story is definitely the R/S chapter, and then the R/G/B and G/S/C chapters. D/P and Pl chapters were good too.

HG/SS chapters are being scanlated atm, but I haven't been keeping up with the magazine releases with the B/W chapters that scanlation guy (not group) is doing. I tried, and I think it got mixed around or something. I'll wait until the B/W chapter gets put into tankoban format.

Um...no. The girl is green and gary is blue.

(Aug. 10, 2012  2:50 PM)Beyniac Wrote:

Um...no. The girl is green and gary is blue.

The girl's original name is Blue, and "Gary's" is Green. The names were changed in several translations to coincide with Pokemon Green not being released outside of Japan.

If you're going to quote ancient posts to try and correct people, try and actually be right about it.
It's true. Green was never released in the US due to it being super buggy as hell (why not Red, I don't know why). All those issues were fixed in Blue, which got the US release instead of Green. That's why we have FireRed and LeafGreen, because Green was the original.

Also, if you ever look at the official art for Red, Green, and Blue, you'll see that there were three main characters originally planned, but unfortunately, Blue couldn't make it due to...some odd reason, I forgot why. I think she was intended to be a main character, or probably just to fill in the last starter slot. That gave birth to Blue, named after the Blue game, who later became a playable character under the name Leaf.
All the arcs are pretty good. My favorite arc was probably the Firered and Leafgreen arc, Ruby and Sapphire was good too.

My favorite pokedex owners are Silver and Emerald.
And when in the description how it said Bulbasaur was his first Pokemon, it was actually Poliwhirl.
(Aug. 12, 2012  6:59 AM)Burning Kai Wrote: And when in the description how it said Bulbasaur was his first Pokemon, it was actually Poliwhirl.
Thats true, but this was made before it was released I think