Pokemon Platinum

Marin Wrote:I wish I was looking forward to this; but I am most certainly not looking forward to trading 146 pokémon to another damned game Pinching_eyes_2

I really want the next-gen handheld pokémon games to have no new pokémon. There are many canonical ways to avoid making additions to the game while avoiding creating MORE pokémon, they just have to take some artistic liberty with their formula.

What I wouldn't give to have a G/S remake with a delta-species post-game set in Holon...

Your knowledge of the Pokemans intrigues me.
what the hell is the point of a G/S remake?

arent they all the same damn game anyway
But the houses, they'll be in 3D!!!!!!@_@!
The entire franchise needs to be restarted. There, I said it. They need to start from scratch, get rid of a lot of the filler Pokemon, change the stats system massively and the battle system slightly, and make a new damn goal other than 8 gym leaders, Elite Four.
Bey Brad Wrote:The entire franchise needs to be restarted. There, I said it. They need to start from scratch, get rid of a lot of the filler Pokemon, change the stats system massively and the battle system slightly, and make a new damn goal other than 8 gym leaders, Elite Four.

HALLELUJAH PRAISE THA LAWD SOMEONE HAS SEEN THE LIGHT
Bey Brad Wrote:The entire franchise needs to be restarted. There, I said it. They need to start from scratch, get rid of a lot of the filler Pokemon, change the stats system massively and the battle system slightly, and make a new damn goal other than 8 gym leaders, Elite Four.
BUT IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T FIX IT RIIIIGHT!!???
incondite Wrote:

No dude, Pokemon isn't technically broken, its just so old and tired that it absolutely NEEDS a breath of fresh air like a series reboot to make it relevant again.

Unfortunately, due to the insane amount of copies that Diamond and Pearl sold, and the insane amount of copies Platinum is sure to sell, this will probably never happen.

Because lets face it, Pokemon is a license to print money. Combine that with another license to print money (DS) and hey you're set for a lifetime.
I find the battle system fun and deep, I don't see any reason to create a new one. The 4th gen physical/special movesplit was an important progression that made a lot of previously inviable strategies worth-while. I have a sinking feeling that getting rid of any pokémon at this point will be impossible. At the most, I'd hope for the introduction of a luck statistic (determining critical hits and acuracy, maybe even recovery rates from status ailments), some new moves and abilities (a lot are obvious and have been a long time coming: 100% acc. freeze, for example, OU/BL/UU drizzle and drought users, etc.), and maybe some minor tweaks (Give fire and grass types a Sp. Def. boost in sunlight, Water a Sp. Def. boost in rain...).

I don't think anyones going to argue that the game doesn't need a new story.
How about making the IV/EV nonsense not so ridiculous and time-consuming?

The battle system is good as it is which is why I said SLIGHT changes. I don't think it needs a complete overhaul.
When you said stat system I thought you meant like the G/S special stat split.
Roan Wrote:
incondite Wrote:

No dude, Pokemon isn't technically broken, its just so old and tired that it absolutely NEEDS a breath of fresh air like a series reboot to make it relevant again.

Unfortunately, due to the insane amount of copies that Diamond and Pearl sold, and the insane amount of copies Platinum is sure to sell, this will probably never happen.

Because lets face it, Pokemon is a license to print money. Combine that with another license to print money (DS) and hey you're set for a lifetime.
I was kidding, everytime I post what Brad said on any forum, that's the response I always get.
i think he knew you were joking but used it as a trigger for his response anyway
Bey Brad Wrote:i think he knew you were joking but used it as a trigger for his response anyway
oh

k
Yeah, Pokemon changing is not happening anytime soon.
Diamond and Pearl were the best selling ones to date, IIRC.
Well, if you don't want to play the same old, same old. You could play those side games, like that dungeon crawler, the Pokemon Staduim re...I mean Pokemon Battle Revolution, Everyone's Pokemon Ranch, or everyone's favourite, Pokemon Ranger. Hahahaha
So I've been reading Pokédex entries on Bulbapedia for the last 15 minutes, and I'm convinced that Pokémon in real life would be the most terrifying thing in the entire world. A Machamp can launch 1,000 punches in two seconds. Combined with its strength to lift a semi-truck with literally one hand, that's freaking scary.

Kadabra's entry is just friggin' weird.
Quote:It happened one morning - a boy with extrasensory powers awoke in bed transformed into Kadabra.
what
I saw some footage of Platinum, looks like they sped the game up. Thank God.
seriously wow that will be nice. they games were always alittle slow lol but hopefully it will have better improvements....ya right...
(Jun. 17, 2008  4:36 AM)Roan Wrote:
incondite Wrote:

I think the pokemon series could use a Super Mario Galxy type of reinvention.
(Aug. 08, 2008  3:19 AM)trueblader Wrote:
incondite Wrote:

Put Pokemon in space?
(Aug. 08, 2008  3:21 AM)DtD Wrote:
incondite Wrote:

Put Pokemon in space?

LOL

It could be like that one episode of the manga where Professor Oak theorized that Clefairy were from space.

You could go into space and hunt for exotic new pokemon. And since you're in zero-gravity that would have an adverse affect on pokemon battles, completely changing the rules and flow of the game.

(This would actually be pretty carp cool.)
(Aug. 08, 2008  3:21 AM)DtD Wrote:
incondite Wrote:

Put Pokemon in space?

No, i used super mario galaxy because it was one of the best games of the franchise ( it won numerous awards). pokemon it space would be stupid. i just mean something really cool and different like SMG was.
Also, has anyone noticed how the health on the pokemon is now in the middle of a very long bar that seems to have two halves.
isn't deoxys from space

and palkia/dialga are like dimensional things

i love how pokemon is getting a bit farther away from the "real creatures" concept after every installation.

but i can see why because they're running out of animals to use as ideas lol
(Aug. 08, 2008  6:02 PM)SexyMichael Wrote: Pokemon needs a mmo.

Pokemon Crater? Not official, but still.