Pokemon [In general]

This is my first time starting a new topic,so I hope I did this right.
I did it on something so board cause it's the only thing I really know well.Cute

I want to hear everyone's opinion on Pokemon. It can be anything related to pokemon about the toys,the anime,the games,how it's changed over the years and hints and cheats.
Just to let you know, there might already be a thread for this, somewhere.

Anyway, I don't mind Pokemon but the anime now sucks, the cards were never anyway good in the first place and the games are not that bad.
The anime was alright but after a few series the episodes got boring cause every series is basically the same with
but with different people,pokemon and gyms. But the games are still good.
Not there isn't. Well not in the media section. I checked it took oh a good five minutes to cover 12 pages worth of dicussions.

The anime and the pokemon went down the drain as soon as they started creating more then 325. Ahh the cards,I remember collecting them all...but as soon as they went pokecrazed they added too many series of cards.
(Jun. 14, 2009  6:32 PM)Natsuru_Asuaka Wrote: Not there isn't. Well not in the media section. I checked it took oh a good five minutes to cover 12 pages worth of dicussions.

Fair enough. Smile

I never liked the cards in the first place, it was really boring.
I personaly loved the old games and series, it got bland after that. I still buy the new games and can't wait for HG/SS. If anyones a fan of the older generation of Pokemon and wish to discuss it you should check out Retro Pokemon Forums.
(Jun. 14, 2009  10:27 PM)Neek Wrote: I personaly loved the old games and series

Don't get me wrong, I loved the first series and games but as it has been said lots of times, it just stayed the same and became boring.
(Jun. 14, 2009  10:29 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: Don't get me wrong, I loved the first series and games but as it has been said lots of times, it just stayed the same and became boring.

That's what I was saying, or were you just agreeing? Confused
(Jun. 14, 2009  10:27 PM)Neek Wrote: I personaly loved the old games and series, it got bland after that. I still buy the new games and can't wait for HG/SS. If anyones a fan of the older generation of Pokemon and wish to discuss it you should check out Retro Pokemon Forums.

Where is the retro pokemon forum?
Sorry I'm a newbie to the site so forgive me for my stupid question. Or if it seems the slightest bit stupid.
(Jun. 15, 2009  6:35 AM)Natsuru_Asuaka Wrote: Where is the retro pokemon forum?
Sorry I'm a newbie to the site so forgive me for my stupid question. Or if it seems the slightest bit stupid.

http://tinyurl.com/m4gx26
(Jun. 15, 2009  6:37 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: http://tinyurl.com/m4gx26

xD

Anyway, I do like the pokemon games. They're probably my most played video games of all time.

The anime was good up to the Johto league, then it failed really badly.

And the cards suck.

But still, the games are where it's at.
I still like Pokemon but Beyblades has finally taken over, Pokemon always use to be my faviorite thing ever and still is fun and great but not as great as others, the only series of the Pokemon anime I don't like is Diamond and Pearl ... all the others I like fine and still watch. As for the games.... there getting to repetitive but there still great to play, but I think HG/SS might change that repetitive thing.
(Jun. 15, 2009  6:37 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: http://tinyurl.com/m4gx26

Brad, I know that was a stupid question but do you really have to do that to a newbie? But yeah, Natsuru, next time, do google something. Wink

Neek, I guess you could say I was agreeing with you but also making it clear that I did like the old ones. Smile
When I ment the retro pokemon forum, I ment is their one on WBO's off topics.
But I guess I really should've googled it.
I didn't expect their to be one cause usually it's rare for me to even use the dicussions.

Well I guess that kinda destoryed the point of this thread.
I mean, we kind of have to accept that we aren't the target audience anymore. Back when I was ten-years-old, we had obese men and women in their 30s hording cards and beating little kids at the game. When it gets to that point, it just isn't fun anymore.
(Jun. 16, 2009  7:59 AM)Toto Wrote: I mean, we kind of have to accept that we aren't the target audience anymore. Back when I was ten-years-old, we had obese men and women in their 30s hording cards and beating little kids at the game. When it gets to that point, it just isn't fun anymore.

this still happens
I just say then there die-hard fans of pokemon...although you both are right it happens and it is a quite a bit akward.

But just because you aren't the target audience doesn't mean you can't still have fun with it. Sure it's true you have to accept the fact that your getting older and the phase or craze had died,but it doesn't mean you have to completely give it up or shut it off from your life. Everything in moderation right?

If you say something as it's too childish to do,your just denying the fun you may or may not have.
Nobody is saying that. But if I, as a twenty year old, went to a Beyblade tournament full of people primarily under 12, and won, people would think I was a jerk. And they would be right.
(Jun. 16, 2009  8:06 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: this still happens

Not in big tournaments that are separated by age category. However in league games they are not.

But yes, I often get mocked by your obvious school bully stereotype for liking E Rated games and comic books.

Amusingly this comes from people who obsess over, and are die-hard fans of Spongebob.
(Jun. 17, 2009  1:37 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Nobody is saying that. But if I, as a twenty year old, went to a Beyblade tournament full of people primarily under 12, and won, people would think I was a jerk. And they would be right.

I remember seeing on the Pokemon.com official site the winners for this American tourney. I think one of them was 41. o_o
(Jun. 17, 2009  1:37 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Nobody is saying that. But if I, as a twenty year old, went to a Beyblade tournament full of people primarily under 12, and won, people would think I was a jerk. And they would be right.

Sorry about that I think I read to much into one of the previous comments.
I say who cares about age, cause most are there to have fun and those who enter competition train hard maybe.

I wonder how much time these people spend making there perfect pokemon team or deck.

Has anyone entered a pokemon tournament for pokemon battles or card tournaments when they were younger?
(Jun. 17, 2009  5:27 AM)Mankster Wrote: I remember seeing on the Pokemon.com official site the winners for this American tourney. I think one of them was 41. o_o

I saw that too, ya know what I said?

"Holy carp...has this dude even SEEN a woman in his life?"
(Jun. 17, 2009  6:10 AM)Natsuru_Asuaka Wrote: Sorry about that I think I read to much into one of the previous comments.
I say who cares about age, cause most are there to have fun and those who enter competition train hard maybe.

I wonder how much time these people spend making there perfect pokemon team or deck.

Has anyone entered a pokemon tournament for pokemon battles or card tournaments when they were younger?

At my age now, I'm happy to casually play with others my age and to promote it for the younger generation. Beyblade is free to be played by anyone but it is definitely aimed at children, and I don't have the right to take the happiness of kids away for my own selfish reasons. The adult Beyblade community should work hard to sustain itself and make Beyblade more fun for kids.
That's a very admirable trait you posess to think you do not have the right to take away the happiness of others for selfish reasons because I think most don't care.

That is a good point you have but sadly not enough people share the same idea you hold.
I seen Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon for the first time on the same night. I thought i liked yu-gi-oh better so I never seen too much of the pokemon anime itself. I watch the anime occasionally sometimes now when I catch it but i don't really like it. I do love the movies though... They are very adventurous! Stupid