Pokemon Black/White

I really do hope they take some even small risks here (e.g. not fire, water, and grass as starter types? there's loads of other cool types!)
bey brad, not go against you on that, hell no!!!!!!!!!!! The are going to keep the fire, grass, and water tradition, that is how it has always been, it how it will have to stay... sorry I sound so harsh...
(Apr. 18, 2010  6:42 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I really do hope they take some even small risks here (e.g. not fire, water, and grass as starter types? there's loads of other cool types!)

Yeah I agree since the three starters have always been Grass, Fire and Water. It will be better if they let you choose from other types...Or maybe even more than just 3 to choose from..
(Apr. 18, 2010  2:15 PM)castleoblivion Wrote: bey brad, not go against you on that, hell no!!!!!!!!!!! The are going to keep the fire, grass, and water tradition, that is how it has always been, it how it will have to stay... sorry I sound so harsh...

Why should things stay the way they have always been?
This is the problem with people who are over nostalgic. They can not accept improvements, even when they are clearly for the better. Pokemon being one of the clearest examples. We've been playing the same game for over a decade now, I really wis they try something new. Another example of this is made clear by this board, is that people seem to find it impossible to accept that Battle Strikers can exist. I'm not asking everyone to sell their Beyblades but it is easy for them to co-exist.
Lets not go in to the topic of Battle Strikers, this topic is purely for the discussion of Pokemon Black and White.
I understand that you're using it in context, but it just creates pointless page long discussions that I'd rather not have to go through and erase.

(Apr. 18, 2010  6:42 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I really do hope they take some even small risks here (e.g. not fire, water, and grass as starter types? there's loads of other cool types!)
I would personally love for there to be a singular starter than can evolve in one of 3 different directions depending on questions you're asked at the beginning by the Pokemon Professor of the town.
sorry, but they are going to have water grass and fire starters. that is how it has always been, the starters will stay the same, however, i hope they have cool typr combos with them, like, fire dark, or, grass ghost, or ice water.
(Apr. 19, 2010  12:43 AM)castleoblivion Wrote: sorry, but they are going to have water grass and fire starters. that is how it has always been

I don't doubt they will be the same. However, "how it has always been" is not a good justification for doing something.
(Apr. 19, 2010  12:43 AM)castleoblivion Wrote: sorry, but they are going to have water grass and fire starters. that is how it has always been, the starters will stay the same, however, i hope they have cool typr combos with them, like, fire dark, or, grass ghost, or ice water.
no one know for sure man (unless ur making this game). wat im hoping for is that there is not only 3 starter pokemon, but maybe more to choose from.
(Apr. 19, 2010  4:34 AM)InfernoSlayer0 Wrote: no one know for sure man (unless ur making this game). wat im hoping for is that there is not only 3 starter pokemon, but maybe more to choose from.

That, I can say for sure, will not change. The starters are specifically designed to be trifectas ( e.g. Water/Fire/Grass and Dark/Psychic/Fighting) to keep it balanced.
finally watched the video. the 3D looks garbage
It looks DS to be honest, I don't know how much more you can expect.
(Apr. 19, 2010  7:30 PM)Benkei Wrote: It looks DS to be honest, I don't know how much more you can expect.

qft

And I thought it was quite amazing if you put it on D/P/Pt standards.
(Apr. 19, 2010  7:30 PM)Benkei Wrote: It looks DS to be honest, I don't know how much more you can expect.

2D
also:

[Image: dragon-quest-monsters-joker-20071015094914687_640w.jpg]

[Image: super-mario-64-ds-screenshot1.jpg]
(Apr. 19, 2010  8:11 PM)Benkei Wrote: Really?

good 2D looks infinitely better than bad 3D
it looks ok i guess and i hope all citys and towns arent circles also the battles look bad hope it gets better
(Apr. 19, 2010  8:12 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: good 2D looks infinitely better than bad 3D

Agreed without a doubt...
A perfect example of amazing 2D would be The World Ends With You, not only an amazing game, but those sprites will always look gorgeous and stand the test of time.
And the same applies for things like Professor Layton, which will always look brilliant.
If you can't do 3D to the full extent possible, and have it look good.
Then honestly, there's no point in attempting it.
http://serebii.net/ranger3/wifi.shtml

this game is infinitely better looking than black/white
They need to start pouring that kind of spriting in to the 'real' games...
I am sorry, again, the starters can not change...It is an unwritten Pokemon Law, also, we can be expecting another professor named after a tree. (LOL)
I'm betting on pine, and we for carps sake, we know they won't change.
We're just saying it'd be good if they would, and besides, you have no better idea about the starters than the rest of us do.
Drop it.
Sorry, i am just trying to prove a point... also, I really want a dragon fighting type some where in the new pokedex. Then, it would be cool, if the fire starter was a dragon/fire, if you haven't already guessed, i love dragon types, and i hope Black and white have a bunch of new ones...
Dragons are always thought of as rare within the Pokemon universe, I kind of doubt there will be a large number of them.
I am actually pretty pleased with D/P/Pl and SS/HG graphics! I hoped they would consentrate on changing the battles.