Pokémon Wi-Fi

Will this be over wifi? If so I'm in!
I'll be able to participate. Yes, this will be WiFi. How may are you looking to have enter? What rules will you use?
I think we should atleast have 8 but more would be awesome. Standard rules no ubers/legends (if someone could post a list of ubers) and i dont know any of the clauses if there are any that should be used please post them. I think we should do 100 6v6 singl. We can make a line up once all participants have confirmed. Any friends or people you know outside of beywiki are welcome
Anything I left out? Im not sure what to do if the battle gets disconnected because in all my ideas, a person could easily cheat.
Does this deserve its own thread?
Serbii]
When you just say Standard rules, youre immediately agreeing with them when opening a thread.
[b Wrote:
Sleep Clause[/b]
You can't use sleep inducing moves in opponent's Pokémon when there's another Pokémon in his/her team asleep. Yawn can't be used to PseudoHaze (make opponent switch) when there's another Pokémon asleep caused by you. When the asleep Pokémon awakes or faints, you're free to make another Pokémon of his/her team asleep. Sleeping being caused by Effect Spore or Rest are disconsidered from Sleep Clause.

Species Clause
You can't use two of the same Pokémon in a team.

Evasion Clause
You can't use moves that increases your evasion. Avoid the use of Acupressure, it has 1/7 chance to double your evasion.

OHKO Clause
You are strictly prohibited of using OHKO moves. They are Guillotine, Horn Drill, Fissure and Sheer Cold.

No Hacks
Don't need to explain, you are prohibited to use any illegally obtained Pokémon. Hacking parents to breed is also unaccepted, but people can't control this just looking at the stats. Hacking Pokémon with "legit stats" is also not allowed.

No Ubers
Uber Pokémon are overpowered Pokémon. Since these are "Standard Rules" you have to use the "Standard Pokémon".

No Hax Items
These are all the items that relies on luck to activate. These items are:
Brightpowder, Focus Band, King's Rock, Lax Incense, Quick Claw, Razor Claw, Razor Fang and Scope Lens. (Tell me if I missed some).

Note: Scope Lens and Razor Claw are considered Hax items, but they are the only one that is accepted normally in Wi-Fi.

No Disconnecting
You can't turn off your DS or move away from signal range to end a battle. People can have weak routers so don't always fight with the people if he/she disconnected. Not exactly a rule, but an ethic sense.
I will make a list of rules we could use:

+No Ubers.
Ubers are: Mewtwo, Mew, Wobbuffet, Lugia, Ho-oh, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys (all forms), Dialga, Palkia, Giratina (all forms), Manaphy, Darkrai, Arceus.

+Species Clause: The players cannot have more than one Pokemon of the same species.

+Sleep Clause: The battler can only induce sleep in its opponent to only one Pokémon at a time. This does not void the use of Rest.

+OHKO Clause: Prevents the use of Sheer Cold, Fissure, Horn Drill and Guillotine.

+Self-KO Clause: The players cannot use self-koing moves like Explosion and Selfdestruct on their last reminaing pokemon.

This what I believe we should use.

In the case you are disconnected, you cannot change the order of your group nor the pokemon within the group.
That's cool, I really didn't like the Item Rule!
But I think there should be a ban on Razor Claw+Super Luck(?)
Why? the chances of the affect happening are extremely slim anyway. The amount of time I have used my Absol with super luck+Scope Lens, 98% of the hits I make are non-critical. However, this is down to -Wolf-.
I think berries (though they havent been mentioned yet) are good. As for items like scope lens, i think they should be able to be used, but to a limit (maybe 3 in your team.) But, i dont think items that boost a type of move should be allowed. Other than that, I agree with all other clauses posted Grin .

So far the entries we have are:

BeyUK-Espio
shikamaru526
-WOLF-
circuitface
kei
Grey(maybe)
Pichuscute
AdvanceOmega

eventually i will write a list that contains all participants and their FCs
List of Ubers
-Arceus
-Darkrai
-Deoxys (Normal, -A, -D, -S)
-Dialga
-Garchomp (especially holding Yache Berry)
-Giratina
-Groudon
-Ho-oh
-Kyogre
-Latias
-Latios
-Lugia
-Manaphy
-Mew
-Mewtwo
-Palkia
-Rayquaza
-Wobbuffet

Dunno if I'll be participating.

EDIT: Dammit, didn't see one was already made...
EDIT 2: However, BeyUK-Espio forgot Garchomp/Yachechomp. That is now an Uber.
Garchomp is uber now!?
(Nov. 11, 2008  11:36 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Garchomp is uber now!?

Yeah. If it holds Yache Berry (which weakens Ice Type Moves), it's main weakness is taken away, making it "overpowered" and "too strong for Standard use."
Why all Garchomps are banned from Standard Play instead of just "Yachechomps" (Garchomps holding Yache Berries) is beyond me.
I play Pokemon every so often, I have no clue as to what a "Garchomp" or "Yachechomp" is...

I do know what a Feraligator is.
(Nov. 11, 2008  10:48 PM)-WOLF- Wrote: So far the entries we have are:

BeyUK-Espio
shikamaru526
-WOLF-

Um, I posted at the end of the previous page. Maybe you missed it.

Espio's rules look fine.
-Wolf- did I give you my FC??
I was thinking could we real time chat somewhere online during the tournament? Maybe youtube streams??
So the battlers could announce what's happening real time!
Lol....anyone have a camera?

This will be the biggest tourney eva XD

EDIT: and you`re able to talk in battles, trades, and when standing by
Garchomp was never an Uber, eventhough some consider it to be so. There are many options that can still take out a Garchomp.
To will be you be participating?
(Nov. 12, 2008  1:54 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: Garchomp was never an Uber, eventhough some consider it to be so. There are many options that can still take out a Garchomp.

Um, really? People keep saying this and yet there's always a way for Garchomp to counter the counter

There really isn't a sure-fire counter for this guy, and his strength makes him overwhelming

And if Smogon considers it an Uber, most consider it a general rule
Simply use an special Ice move. I fought many Garchomp and taken it down with an Ice Beam.
so are we banning Garchomp or what??
I personally don't see why we should. The call has to come from the other guys participating and -Wolf-.
can i join the wifi battle aswell but when is it
A date is to be arranged as soon as we have enough entries.