Podcasts

Yes I'm a techie and a huge nerd for even making a post about this.

But anyhow, podcasts have like exploded in popularity and I'm curious what podcasts you guys watch and/or listen to. Here are some of my favorites, most of which are videogame or tech related.

- 1Up Yours (Audio; Uploaded every Friday)

Basically this is where the 1Up Editors gab about gaming. It's my favorite podcast because it's not full of PR garbage and you can tell it's just four guys (Give or take a guy -- the lineup isn't exactly consistent) sitting around bullshitting about games. They pick on each other a lot and it's just fun to listen to. Highly recommend this if you're into gaming at all.

- The 1Up Show (Video; Uploaded every Friday)

Another podcast from team 1Up, only this time in video format. They have great coverage of upcoming games and candid discussions concerning them. My only real complaint is that sometimes the camerawork is sort of bad -- shaky cam syndrome is present in almost every episode, but it's worth checking out because they get some sweet exclusives.

- TWiT (This Week in Tech; Audio; Uploaded every Sunday)

This podcast is great as it covers technology almost like a blanket. From videogames to the HD format war, they get it all in here. What I think is best about the show is that it's a bunch of older men and women (30s plus) that are interested in tech talking about it and really you don't hear of that too often. It's nice to hear their perspective on things.

- Midwest Teen Sex Show (Video; Uploaded Monthly)

Sex. We all have to deal with it at one point or another. This podcast takes this issue and pokes some serious fun at nearly every aspect of it -- carp, the first time, being gay, pretty much everything. The bottom line is that it's HILARIOUS and I look forward to a new episode every month. It's short (Usually 3-5 mins. in length) but oh my god is it sweet. lol

- Alex and Dean: Gay Men Talking (Audio; Uploaded semi-weekly lol)

This is probably not one most people will care to listen to, but I think it's great. Alex and Dean are a gay couple from the US who have been "married" for 14 years. They talk about their daily life and give their perspective on gay issues in politics and media. As I said, this is kind of a niche podcast as I realize not everyone cares about gay issues, but I'd suggest giving it a listen as it's oftentimes hilarious to listen to the two bicker at each other like a miserable old married couple -- oh wait. lol

So, what podcasts are you guys into? I'd love to get some recommendations. Grin
- the Wiire Podcast
Just a gaming podcast. Even though it's a Wii website, they talk about 360 half the time lol. Lately, they've been trying to get more guests (eg. Johnny Lee two podcasts ago) to go along with they're awesome weekly people. I definitely recommend it.

Next to this one, the only other podcast I ever really listened to was the Brad and Blake Show. But it's long gone. Unhappy