Playstation Move

The Playstation Move is the Sony's version of the motion controller. it also uses the playstaion eye for certain games. Sony has confirmed that it will be sold with just the Move controller, or the move controller with the playstation eye and a game for less then 100$. it will also be sold with the ps3 as a bundle. More Info:

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2...oller.aspx
http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2...-move.aspx
http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2...ds-on.aspx

also plz note that THIS IS NOT a RIPOFF OFF THE WII OR THE XBOX 360 NATAL!! THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!
You'll need the PSEye as that's how the PS3 reads the movement.

And prepare for thread backfire in 3, 2, 1...
As some one who could be said to be a huge ps3 supporter (not fanboy, i have a 360 and a wii as well.) I'm hugely disappointed by this, roll on natal.

EDIT: hahahahaha no way is it a ripoff....

http://gamerlimit.com/files/2010/03/PS_Move.jpg

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/articl...78-000.jpg
Im disappointed with Natal and Move. Natal will backfire due to Lighting conditions as it uses similar tech to the PSEye. And believe me, when i played EyePets at one of Sony events, the lighting had to be perfect lol. Move will be ok, but in terms of sales no. The way Sony market here in the UK, is horrendous. And yes i went off topic a bit but oh well.
oh come on, i'm far from a nintendo fan but if you don't think the Move is a knockoff of the Wii you're kidding yourself
(May. 03, 2010  5:20 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: oh come on, i'm far from a nintendo fan but if you don't think the Move is a knockoff of the Wii you're kidding yourself
lol true.
if that was directed at me, i was being sarcastic, obviously it's a knockoff lol

NVM: it was the op wasn't it.
oui hahaha
(May. 03, 2010  5:08 PM)mezz Wrote: Im disappointed with Natal and Move. Natal will backfire due to Lighting conditions as it uses similar tech to the PSEye. And believe me, when i played EyePets at one of Sony events, the lighting had to be perfect lol. Move will be ok, but in terms of sales no. The way Sony market here in the UK, is horrendous. And yes i went off topic a bit but oh well.

They've demoed the Move in some fairly dark places, the camera focuses on the ball with the light so it can track movement without perfect lighting being present.

[Image: 500x_500x_slider3.jpg]

That game looks hilariously awesome. It's called The Slider (working title), and it's a mixture of Pain and a racing game. If it, the new Ape Escape, and the patch for LittleBigPlanet turn out great, I'll probably pick up a Move, as I'd only need a controller (I have the PSEye from Eye of Judgment).
technically move is not a ripoff off wii. the playstation had the first motion controller: the playstation eye. also, if this motion controller is a ripoff off wii, its like saying battle strikers is a ripoff of beyblade.
(May. 03, 2010  11:53 PM)InfernoSlayer0 Wrote: technically move is not a ripoff off wii. the playstation had the first motion controller: the playstation eye. also, if this motion controller is a ripoff off wii, its like saying battle strikers is a ripoff of beyblade.

there is a difference between taking the same idea (motion control, or spinning tops) and making it your own, and creating something that is for all intents and purposes a direct copy of your competitor
(May. 04, 2010  2:12 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(May. 03, 2010  11:53 PM)InfernoSlayer0 Wrote: technically move is not a ripoff off wii. the playstation had the first motion controller: the playstation eye. also, if this motion controller is a ripoff off wii, its like saying battle strikers is a ripoff of beyblade.

there is a difference between taking the same idea (motion control, or spinning tops) and making it your own, and creating something that is for all intents and purposes a direct copy of your competitor
well they are using the wii thing and try to make it better, like battle strikers and beyblade. they are both evolving, so they both are just improving, not rlly ripping off the other thing. if it was a ripoff, then everything made so far would be considered a ripoff too.
No one bought the set up yet? Shameful (I don't have one either).

The hardware has recieved glowing reviews from every outlet on the internet (all claiming it to be considerably better than that other motion controller), and Sports Champions is the standout title.

Sadly, Kung Fu Slider hasn't been well recieved. But from what I hear, most reviewers did not play long into the game (many reviewers bring up issues that are addressed later on).
(Oct. 03, 2010  12:46 AM)To Wrote: No one bought the set up yet? Shameful (I don't have one either).

I think the lack of interest in this thread is pretty much a direct representation of interest in the product itself.

I've read nothing but good reviews for it as well (which honestly took me by surprise as I anticipated it being horrible), but it just hasn't caught on at all, and I really don't expect it to, at least not in the short run.
(Oct. 03, 2010  3:15 AM)Roan Wrote: I've read nothing but good reviews for it as well (which honestly took me by surprise as I anticipated it being horrible), but it just hasn't caught on at all, and I really don't expect it to, at least not in the short run.

It's not all that surprising really. While the current design, and release is obviously a response to the Wii, Sony had been doing internal development on motion control gaming since the PSone's life.

As for sales, in the EU, Sports Champions debuted #2 in release week, only behind a certain shooter franchise having its last song with its original developer. So, I don't think it's done poorly. Do I expect to see 3 million sold by the end of the year (This is what Microsoft thinks Kinect should do this year...)? No. It'll be a slow burn though, Eyetoy was similar in that regard, didn't do much initially, then one day Sony announces they've sold 10 million of them.
(May. 03, 2010  11:53 PM)InfernoSlayer0 Wrote: the playstation had the first motion controller: the playstation eye.
Actually Nintendo had Motion Controls in their video games some time before Sony did. For example Nintendo even had Motion Controls back in the days of Game Boy Color with the game Kirby's Tilt n' Tumble. Joyful_3 And I think there was also something that had a little bit of Motion Controls from Nintendo back in the days of the NES.
(Oct. 27, 2010  12:26 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote: And I think there was also something that had a little bit of Motion Controls from Nintendo back in the days of the NES.

The Power Glove...

It...wasn't very good.
(May. 03, 2010  5:20 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: oh come on, i'm far from a nintendo fan but if you don't think the Move is a knockoff of the Wii you're kidding yourself

It's not.
(Oct. 31, 2010  4:01 AM)DaijoubuQuest Wrote: It's not.

Yes. Yes it is.

C'mon, the controllers even have the same shape Tired
this is just a copy of the wii...ps3 got worse than it already is...and to boot, xplay gave this a not so great review...

this was expected and predictable of course. i see this as a bootlegged wii. nothing more

plus, all the games that are good for the PS3 will now be ruined by the motion control's family oriented style just like wiis...except this will be crappier. true better graphics are there, but wii is just superior in every other way

and why buy this when it doesnt even come with the PS3? and also, wii is much cheaper and the motion control is much better

screw the PS move.
(Oct. 31, 2010  8:31 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: plus, all the games that are good for the PS3 will now be ruined by the motion control's family oriented style just like wiis...except this will be crappier.

For most games, using the Move will be an option...

(Oct. 31, 2010  8:31 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: and why buy this when it doesnt even come with the PS3? and also, wii is much cheaper and the [Wii] motion control is much better

Tired
(Oct. 31, 2010  8:31 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: this is just a copy of the wii...ps3 got worse than it already is...and to boot, xplay gave this a not so great review...

this was expected and predictable of course. i see this as a bootlegged wii. nothing more

plus, all the games that are good for the PS3 will now be ruined by the motion control's family oriented style just like wiis...except this will be crappier. true better graphics are there, but wii is just superior in every other way

and why buy this when it doesnt even come with the PS3? and also, wii is much cheaper and the motion control is much better

screw the PS move.

Ugh.

X-Play isn't exactly the most reliable of reviewers, especially given the venue of which X-Play is spawned from. Every other major critic site has praised the hardware left and right. It's better than the Wiimote vanilla, hands down. It's better than the Wiimote with Motion+ too. That is thanks to its ability to actually track objects in 3D space, something the Wiimote cannot do.

As for games, as mentioned above, for many of the "hardcore" games you'd think would be "causal"-fied because of Move only act as an optional control scheme. You can use the Dualshock 3 in LittleBigPlanet 2, or Killzone 3. Although with LittleBigPlanet 2, and Killzone 3, Move controls would greatly enhanced that game. LittleBigPlanet would have a greater ability to create objects via drawing, and Killzone 3 would have pointer controls.

As for your last comment, in every market Sony is selling a $399 PS3 bundle that includes a larger model PS3, a DualShock 3, a game (Sports Champions for EU/NA, and Resident Evil 5/Time Crisis: Razing Storm for JP), the PlayStation Eye, and a PlayStation Move controller.
all valid points. and why question the legitamacy of X-play? with the exception of Starcraft, all of thier reviews are unbaised (Morgan Webb is part Korean lol, but still starcraft is still cool)

anyway, back to wii vs move. Actualy, the motion control is even more blockier than wiis. true it is more sensative and responsive at times, but if you have seen that gladiator game...hint* to win all you need to do is move your arm in the same direction repeatadly!

stupid stale moves..

on a final note, if i was a parent of a middle class family, in today's genral economic situation, who wants to buy a console for my family, am i gonna buy the $260 wii motion plus bundel w/ wii sports or am i gonna buy the $400 PS3 move bundel with a remake of wii sports and Killzone 3? cause Killzone 3 is a great family game Tired

i will say this to be fair: while this does seem to be nothing more than a copy of wii at almost every point, this new system does show some potential. and while Wii will aleays be the systen for families and Xbox will be generally for the Hardcore gamer (until Kinect is out) PS3 has found a way to create a decent medium between these 2 different styles of gaming

...until Kinect comes out...which will start up a motion control war...ugh i can already picture the uneducated and biased posted from stupid people who know nothing about gaming...makes me sick
(Nov. 01, 2010  3:18 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: ...until Kinect comes out...which will start up a motion control war...ugh i can already picture the uneducated and biased posted from stupid people who know nothing about gaming...makes me sick

So...You're an expert?
never said i was an expert. no, i mean that if you are gonna bash or praise something, you should have some knowlage and credability to what you are saying