Player & Hopefully Organizer from NW England

Hey everyone. Recently discovered Beyblade X through a friend and being a huge fan as a kid I'm delighted to get back into the hobby. Didn't realize it was so well loved so I'm happy to see there's a swath of communities and events. I'm an employee at an independent LGS in Preston, UK which is in the Northwest of England. We're hoping to start running events for Beyblade X soon so I'm reading up and trying to get everything in order ASAP! Hope to see some people in the near future!

Definitely would appreciate any tips and tricks for bladers and organizers so I can avoid some rookie mistakes! Currently have 4 blades from the first series of Hasbo's X generation. I'll list here. Besides that I'm just running a ripcord launcher but from reading around it seems the string is prefered so I might have to pick up the Phoenix combo sometime soon.
Tail Viper 5-80O 
Sword Dran 3-60F 
Talon Ptera 3-80B 
Arrow Wizard 4-80B
Welcome, I am also from England (down in London however).

I'm actually familiar with your LGS, bought from the vendors a couple times at YGO events!

Back in the day UK had a very active community, I'm hoping BBX is successful here -as of right now I see a lot of interest!

As for hosting tournaments, there are resources available that are very clear with how to run tournaments through WBO, so I don't think you will have issues with that.
I'd say try to get at least two stadiums from the Xtreme Battle Set (and don't even consider the £13 green bucket as I doubt it will be legal), and try consider having some spare Beys for people to borrow and dip their toes with. I know at our LGS we are considering putting all the stock beys in a back and you participate with whatever you pull for the night.
(Jun. 18, 2024  9:59 PM)RAW Wrote: Welcome, I am also from England (down in London however).

I'm actually familiar with your LGS, bought from the vendors a couple times at YGO events!

Back in the day UK had a very active community, I'm hoping BBX is successful here -as of right now I see a lot of interest!

As for hosting tournaments, there are resources available that are very clear with how to run tournaments through WBO, so I don't think you will have issues with that.
I'd say try to get at least two stadiums from the Xtreme Battle Set (and don't even consider the £13 green bucket as I doubt it will be legal), and try consider having some spare Beys for people to borrow and dip their toes with. I know at our LGS we are considering putting all the stock beys in a back and you participate with whatever you pull for the night.

Solid advice! And yeah it's likely, we used to vend a lot of the larger events. We've got quite a few ready to loan out so hopefully when we get to running some we can bring in some new people. Glad to see it's getting a positive reception too, excited to see where it goes, especially in the UK.