[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

Is there a white dranzer g? because the tabs are the color of the beyblade.

Dranzer G I think it had a middle clutch, It should be possible to activate manually, are you sure that dranzer has it's original base?
(Aug. 27, 2015  11:51 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: Is there a white dranzer g? because the tabs are the color of the beyblade.

Dranzer G I think it had a middle clutch, It should be possible to activate manually, are you sure that dranzer has it's original base?

I´m pretty sure he means the normal version of Dranzer G and this white part:
It's normal that it uses all its energy immediately if you just press the button. The clutch in the EG gradually presses the button to release the energy over a longer period of time.
I am kind of starting to look at getting into plastics. What are some good ones to buy to start off? What beys will I need to make a really good, but not super expensive tournament deck?
Definitely Driger S! It's one of the best uncustomized ones and good for beginners, it has good parts like the AR which is one of the best survival rings.
(Aug. 31, 2015  12:35 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: I am kind of starting to look at getting into plastics. What are some good ones to buy to start off? What beys will I need to make a really good, but not super expensive tournament deck?

(Aug. 31, 2015  12:37 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Definitely Driger S! It's one of the best uncustomized ones and good for beginners, it has good parts like the AR which is one of the best survival rings.

On top of that, Seaborg, Driger G, and Wolborg 4 are also the best value buys for beginners in Plastics. I explained in detail pretty recently here.
Galeon and Driger V2 are quite recommendable as well.
Driger S is definitely preferably to Galeon though. Galeon's base is quite bad.
Hmm I remember a long discussion here about whether Galeon or Driger S is the better one. We agreed that Driger is better, but not very much. I also have made very positive experience with Galeon out of the box, it isn't that bad for beginners.
Would focus on building one Zombie and one Smash Attacker before anything else.
https://thinkblargh.wordpress.com/2013/0...-driger-s/

From my general playing around on compacts I remember SG Semi Flat being awful. It couldn't win against much was my recollection. Also it isn't on th!nk's tier list and th!nk actually says in there that it's outclassed in terms of compacts (the only thing it was really "good" for): SG Semi Flat Base isn't listed for compacts as Metal Ball Base and Metal Change Base both perform better in every aspect (though the latter assumes you can launch it).
(Aug. 31, 2015  10:24 PM)Ultra Wrote: https://thinkblargh.wordpress.com/2013/0...-driger-s/

From my general playing around on compacts I remember SG Semi Flat being awful. It couldn't win against much was my recollection. Also it isn't on th!nk's tier list and th!nk actually says in there that it's outclassed in terms of compacts (the only thing it was really "good" for): SG Semi Flat Base isn't listed for compacts as Metal Ball Base and Metal Change Base both perform better in every aspect (though the latter assumes you can launch it).

I´m not sure why you´re being so intense now. I never said that it was better than Driger S, I only said it was also quite decent out of the box. I used to battle a lot with my dad and he had only a Galeon. Yet, he won with it against most of my beyblades, which were quite a lot. Driger S was practically the only one it couldn´t beat. That is only my experience and even th!nk´s list or just the fact that there are better alternatives won´t change it retrospectively.

We also don´t need to discuss about whether the base outclassed or not, because it is and I never denied that. I´ve never said that it was top tier or anything. There are better bases for sure, but it´s definitely not as aweful as you say. At least with its excellent AR it´s absolutely ok and btw, not everything that is not the best one possible is the worst. From your experience it may have been aweful, but in my stadium Galeon did a great job out of the box and that´s the only thing I´m telling Zoroaste, because I prefer also telling from my own experience and not just being th!nk´s parroter, although he was undoubtedly awesome.
(Aug. 18, 2015  3:15 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: Which BB should be use in a short/low attack combo? (left spin)

Storm grip base,
or sg metal flat.
Um okay I wasn't trying to be intense I was just getting my point of view across. I mainly posted the link because you said about the discussion and I thought that post fit basically.

(Aug. 31, 2015  11:36 PM)flame0251 Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2015  3:15 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: Which BB should be use in a short/low attack combo? (left spin)

Storm grip base,
or sg metal flat.

Storm Grip base is quite outclassed and slow.

Izhkoort:

Why do you need a low attack combo? I don't think limited yourself by height is a great idea.
I like short combos :)

Also, I already have Defense Grip Base, so it's not like I don't have a good attack base :)

But because some plastic byeblades are expensive and customs on my country are horrible (I'm having problems with a package because of this last thing) I can't order many parts and test myself which is better for me
Grip Base would be better if you want a good short base, but Storm Grip ? ( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)
(Sep. 01, 2015  2:16 PM)Neo Wrote: Grip Base would be better if you want a good short base, but Storm Grip ? ( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

Grip base was the first thing I thought but is only right spin, I'm trying to figure out a left spin combo :p
SG Flat Base, while not the most aggressive, is still reasonably so and is far shorter than SG Metal Flat.
(Sep. 02, 2015  9:03 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: SG Flat Base, while not the most aggressive, is still reasonably so and is far shorter than SG Metal Flat.

You mean the Driger V base? Or Gaia Dragoon V's SG Metal Flat 2?
(Sep. 03, 2015  1:51 AM)Neo Wrote: You mean the Driger V base? Or Gaia Dragoon V's SG Metal Flat 2?

While I was referring to the basic SG Flat being superior to Gaia Dragoon V's base, I suspect that you've gone wrong somewhere along the lines as Driger V clearly has a metal semi-flat and not a metal flat tip. I feel like you might be meaning Driger F's Full Auto Clutch Base, which is taller than Gaia Dragon V's SG Metal Flat, or Driger S' Metal Change Base which I don't own but looks tall.

Storm Grip Base is terrible btw, its only use I've found is in an illegal combo with Master Dranzer's tip and a magnecore stadium.
(Sep. 03, 2015  2:17 AM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2015  1:51 AM)Neo Wrote: You mean the Driger V base? Or Gaia Dragoon V's SG Metal Flat 2?

While I was referring to the basic SG Flat being superior to Gaia Dragoon V's base, I suspect that you've gone wrong somewhere along the lines as Driger V clearly has a metal semi-flat and not a metal flat tip. I feel like you might be meaning Driger F's Full Auto Clutch Base, which is taller than Gaia Dragon V's SG Metal Flat, or Driger S' Metal Change Base which I don't own but looks tall.

Storm Grip Base is terrible btw, its only use I've found is in an illegal combo with Master Dranzer's tip and a magnecore stadium.

No, Driger V's base is literally named SG Metal Flat, and Gaia's is called SG Metal Flat 2.
I'm aware it isn't flat, I was making sure you didn't mean Driger V's.
(Sep. 03, 2015  2:20 AM)Neo Wrote: No, Driger V's base is literally named SG Metal Flat, and Gaia's is called SG Metal Flat 2.
I'm aware it isn't flat, I was making sure you didn't mean Driger V's.

Ah, I'm sorry, before now I have only ever heard Gaia Dragoon V's referred to as SG Metal Flat. A name that has been supported by the beywiki in various places but not, as it turns out, the Gaia Dragoon V page itself.

I would still say that Gaia Dragoon V's base and the standard SG Flat are liable to be the two best options here, with the former being more aggressive and the latter being shorter and with the tiniest bit more grip.
Why Driger S' base named Metal Change Base... I didn't see change on this base... someone could clear it to me?!
Driger S' base is a smaller, more metallic version of Zeus' Light Sharp CEG tip, meaning that it is a sharp tip whose point is so fine as to make it effectively flat if launched at an angle or slide shot. This way, the tip can be said to "change" behaviour based on your launch technique or even during a battle if hit right/wrong, despite the fact that the tip shape never changes.

I'd love to see this tip type revisited in modern generations.