[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

(Jun. 14, 2015  7:00 PM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jun. 14, 2015  5:47 PM)Sun Wrote: so based on what you guys are saying, theres no point in buying SOK engine gear blades, as the plastics are cheap and dont even function correctly..

No, go ahead and buy the SOK Engine Gear Beyblades. G-Revolution was the time when they started being identical to their Takara counterparts (and Hasbro in some cases). It's just the pre-G-Revolution ones that are smaller and have poorer quality.

That's a bit of a lie. HMS is when the plastic was Takara or Hasbro Grade.
While they finally started using TAKARA molds, they still had their weird Plastic. It's dented and scuffed very easily. With a little bit of effort, I could cut an AR spike with a simple razor blade.

Engine Gears aren't put together like they were in Takara, and sound and spin differently. Sometimes it just doesn't want to work.

(Jun. 14, 2015  7:28 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Is Dark Leopard really worth its price?

Like Wombat says, I think you mean Flash Leopard.
FL1 kind of sucks. And FL2. They're both terrible stock, but the AR's are both pretty respectable Smash Attack Rings. Extra MG core and castings are never bad either.
(Jun. 14, 2015  7:44 PM)Sun Wrote: So SOK from 2003 onward is good?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Beyblade-G-Revolu...1c4879e0df

these blades in particular

The EG from sk broke very fast, after a few times spinning only. True story
Neo: FL1's AR can also be used in compacts if you prefer extra attack in compacts, at the cost of survival. FL2 on the other hand is one of the four best Smash Attack ARs that do not need Uriel 2's tip, as Hayate AR, Neo Cross Horn, and Triple Tiger need that tip to stop flying.

But you're right, FL2 is terrible uncustomized. FL1 is decent but you would want Driger V2 for an uncustomised blade.
(Jun. 05, 2015  7:54 PM)Ultra Wrote: Have you got any proof of the better materials thing cause of i've never heard that. And if that was true I think people would shout about it tbh.

Hasbro often fixed structural flaws in some plastic part designs and, in particular, I remember their clear plastic being way more durable than Takara's.
you guys think $55 for Dranzer S Takara worth it?
(Jun. 15, 2015  8:50 PM)Sun Wrote: you guys think $55 for Dranzer S Takara worth it?

No. You can get even the gold first prize tournament limited edition for 35$ from Oki. The normal version goes used for 10$, NIB ~30-35.
nothing is that cheap on ebay or amazon..can u send me links
(Jun. 15, 2015  9:42 PM)Sun Wrote: nothing is that cheap on ebay or amazon..can u send me links

Sure. Here you go:
http://tokutakutoys-bey.ocnk.biz/product-list/21
Have you ordered from there before? is legit
Tons of people on the WBO have ordered from him. He's a great seller and even a member on this site.
(Jun. 16, 2015  2:03 AM)Sun Wrote: Have you ordered from there before? is legit

Yes, very often. Grin Like Echizen said, he's an excellent seller.
(Jun. 08, 2015  9:31 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: How rare is master/kid dragoon's red version? how much it can cost either used or NIB?

Hi guys

I think no one answer this, someone knows about it? o no one?

Thank you!
(Jun. 16, 2015  9:22 PM)Izhkoort Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2015  9:31 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: How rare is master/kid dragoon's red version? how much it can cost either used or NIB?

Hi guys

I think no one answer this, someone knows about it? o no one?

Thank you!

Not really rarer than its other recolors, so something from 10 (used but ok) to 20-25$ (NIB).
Is Driger MS by SOK same quality as takara one
(Jun. 18, 2015  5:12 AM)Sun Wrote: Is Driger MS by SOK same quality as takara one

Since it is an HMS and not a Plastic, I do think there is no difference and that parts are compatible. That could have been asked in the HMS Q&A thread though.
What is the difference between Sonokoro and Takara Beyblades?
(Jun. 28, 2015  11:51 AM)Subhaan2703 Wrote: What is the difference between Sonokoro and Takara Beyblades?

A few beys from Sonokong are of a lower quality.. Some Sonokong are not compatible with Hasbro or takara
(Jun. 28, 2015  2:02 PM)ashton pinto Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2015  11:51 AM)Subhaan2703 Wrote: What is the difference between Sonokong and Takara Beyblades?

A few beys from Sonokong are of a lower quality.. Some Sonokong are not compatible with Hasbro or takara

I have heard sometimes the stickers on Sonokoro Blades don't stick. Do you think using an adhesive spray or super glue when applying them will be okay?
I've never heard that (not saying it's couldn't be true though). Tbh i'd try to look up some unboxing/reviews before buying. Also i'd try and stick it on first and then if it doesn't stick then super glue it on. Spending the time super gluing it seems unnecessary if there isn't a problem.
Dont buy SOK plastics.
(Jun. 28, 2015  4:40 PM)Sun Wrote: Dont buy SOK plastics.

Why?

(Jun. 28, 2015  3:19 PM)Ultra Wrote: I've never heard that (not saying it's couldn't be true though). Tbh i'd try to look up some unboxing/reviews before buying. Also i'd try and stick it on first and then if it doesn't stick then super glue it on. Spending the time super gluing it seems unnecessary if there isn't a problem.

Yeah true. I mainly want to buy some old plastics for nostalgic reasons. I don't plan on using them a whole lot. Do you think Sonokong will be okay?
Yeah
If you are buying it for collections.. Then go for it
They are even cheap for a reason

If you want them for competitive purposes.. Then try Hasbro or takara

Edit: ignore typos
(Jun. 28, 2015  5:07 PM)ashton pinto Wrote: Yeah

Thanks for all the help. I guess I will just go for the cheapest that I can find
(Jun. 28, 2015  7:16 PM)Subhaan2703 Wrote:

Thanks for all the help. I guess I will just go for the cheapest that I can find

That´s ok, but be careful not to buy fakes then. They are useless for competitive play and collection purposes.
(Jun. 29, 2015  2:34 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2015  7:16 PM)Subhaan2703 Wrote:

That´s ok, but be careful not to buy fakes then. They are useless for competitive play and collection purposes.
Ah okay Thanks for the heads up Smile Do you reccomend any Ebay sellers/other sites?