[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

You guys don't feel the recoil and fragility are major issues?
(Oct. 05, 2014  1:24 AM)Captain Wrote: You guys don't feel the recoil and fragility are major issues?

Yes, they do and I think that's the factors holding this back from being one of the best, and perhaps other things but in it's own right, it's still a good attack ring.
Hi there, I had a question not quite related to competition. For the plastic beyblades, what exactly are the metal masters and BBA championship versions of certain blades? I've had trouble trying to find any specifics, does anyone here know? Is (was) it a new version of the beyblade (ie dragoon), or was it a re-release of older ones? And if it was a re-release, were there any differences?

Also, come to think of it, what exactly is a booster? On ebay, the box will sometimes say "booster" in the upper right hand area of the box flap, is a booster different than others?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask!
(Oct. 15, 2014  12:01 PM)Canuck Wrote: Hi there, I had a question not quite related to competition. For the plastic beyblades, what exactly are the metal masters and BBA championship versions of certain blades? I've had trouble trying to find any specifics, does anyone here know? Is (was) it a new version of the beyblade (ie dragoon), or was it a re-release of older ones? And if it was a re-release, were there any differences?

Also, come to think of it, what exactly is a booster? On ebay, the box will sometimes say "booster" in the upper right hand area of the box flap, is a booster different than others?

No, you´re perfectly right here. Smile

The Metal Masters Series and the BBA Championship Series have been produced only by Hasbro. M.M. are recolors of beyblades that have already been released. They have the same color as the original version, but with a metallic color tone, as well as metallic plated WD´s. No mold changes to the original (Hasbro) version.

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Metal_Master

BBA Championship´s are also recolors of beyblades, which can be seen in the anime in most cases (such as "Black Dranzer" is actually the BBA Championship version of Dranzer F). Later, that series also contained beys that have been released before, but with some small part changing.

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...ampionship

A booster doesn´t have to contain only parts of the same beyblade. There are random boosters, which can for example contain A blue Driger S AR, six wide and pink Seaborg´s base. So, pretty mixed up. Also, boosters don´t come with launchers and ripcords. Only mixed parts, but sometimes you can be lucky and have a complete beyblade in your booster. Oh, and you never know what´s inside a booster until you open it.

The "others" are starter packs, so they contain a complete beyblade (such as Dragoon V), a launcher and a ripcord. And you know what´s inside, because it´s printed on the packaging.

examples:
Booster:
Starter:

I hope I could help you.
(Oct. 15, 2014  12:01 PM)Canuck Wrote: Hi there, I had a question not quite related to competition. For the plastic beyblades, what exactly are the metal masters and BBA championship versions of certain blades? I've had trouble trying to find any specifics, does anyone here know? Is (was) it a new version of the beyblade (ie dragoon), or was it a re-release of older ones? And if it was a re-release, were there any differences?

EDIT: Beaten by ~Stoney~. Never mind Misunderstood the question
I need help on which sub-AR must i use or which S-AR is the best for the following combo

AR : war lion
Sub AR : Dragon Saucer OR war lion
WD : either 10 heavy/wide/balance
SG : left SG bearing version
BB : Defense grip base 2
(Oct. 15, 2014  6:08 PM)ashton pinto Wrote: I need help on which sub-AR must i use or which S-AR is the best for the following combo

AR : war lion
Sub AR : Dragon Saucer OR war lion
WD : either 10 heavy/wide/balance
SG : left SG bearing version
BB : Defense grip base 2

I´d say war lion. Galeon´s AR and SAR are just like made for each other. Wink Both are almost perfectly round, which is why both together give your bey extraordinary survival capability and almost no damage when it´s hit, so I wouldn´t change it to dragon saucer. They fit just so perfectly. Stupid

Just my experience though. Please correct me, if I´m wrong, everybody.
(Oct. 15, 2014  1:08 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote: No, you´re perfectly right here. Smile

Wow, thanks for the awesome response and links! Not sure how I didn't find that wiki information while searching. So, a takara black dranzer- is that also BBA championship, or did they just do their own recolours as they pleased?

And for boosters, what about something like this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151413969877?_tr...EBIDX%3AIT

That would be just the complete dranzer blade, but due to being a booster there's no launcher/ripcord? So there's ones like that, and the random ones you mentioned, correct?
BBA Championship specifically refers to the Hasbro line, a Takara Black Dranzer is just a recolour they decided to do.

Stoney is right about random boosters, but there is a specific difference between random boosters and complete bey boosters. In the link you gave, it's the complete bey but no launcher/ripcord.
(Oct. 15, 2014  8:47 PM)Canuck Wrote:

Wow, thanks for the awesome response and links! Not sure how I didn't find that wiki information while searching. So, a takara black dranzer- is that also BBA championship, or did they just do their own recolours as they pleased?

You´re welcome. Smile The links are a little hard to find. You don´t find them, if you just enter "Metal Masters" or "BBA ..." for some reason, but you have to go on a page of a beyblade, which has been released in one of those series, go to "other versions" and then the words "Metal Masters" (or BBA) are marked as links to those pages. You can try it with Galman, for example. Only Draciel F doesn´t contain a M.M. link.

The Hasbro Black Dranzer was released in the BBA Championship Series and the Takara BD was released as just a recolor. You can check its beywiki article, "other versions":
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...r_Versions

Quote:And for boosters, what about something like this?

That would be just the complete dranzer blade, but due to being a booster there's no launcher/ripcord? So there's ones like that, and the random ones you mentioned, correct?

Exactly.

edit: beaten by V2 (whoa Captain, you´re username changes are starting to confuse me. XD)
Note- the Takara Black Dranzer had a Red SG core. The Hasbro Version was superior with the Green Castings (Anime accuracy).
(Oct. 15, 2014  8:47 PM)Canuck Wrote:

And for boosters, what about something like this?

if you ask the seller for an launcher and ripcoard, im very sure he will add it for free Grin *.*
Thanks again, stoney and V2. I think that about clears my questions up for now, I'm sure more will come though! Beyblades are pretty interesting, as a kid I had no idea things got so involved, with the research into customizing them and what works best and strategies and such. I'll be browsing around here trying to pickup at least the basics, anyway

And haha, taxus, I think you already shipped my order of a few items, but thanks for the offer!
(Oct. 16, 2014  10:32 AM)Canuck Wrote: Thanks again, stoney and V2. I think that about clears my questions up for now, I'm sure more will come though! Beyblades are pretty interesting, as a kid I had no idea things got so involved, with the research into customizing them and what works best and strategies and such. I'll be browsing around here trying to pickup at least the basics, anyway

And haha, taxus, I think you already shipped my order of a few items, but thanks for the offer!

you are welcome Grin if u have any question, feel free to contact me
How much would this HASBRO brown/goldenbrown (?) catapult shooter go for ?
Its of my friends, almost MINT and i was planning to get it .. take a look at the pics

thanks Smile

It's not worth too much. I'm not totally sure about this but like $10 - $15. They're not particulary rare and easy to to get in YJA lots.
(Oct. 18, 2014  2:15 PM)Ultra Wrote: It's not worth too much. I'm not totally sure about this but like $10 - $15. They're not particulary rare and easy to to get in YJA lots.

Ah yea, and most lots on YJA donot go high
Thanks a lot !
(Oct. 18, 2014  2:15 PM)Ultra Wrote: It's not worth too much. I'm not totally sure about this but like $10 - $15. They're not particulary rare and easy to to get in YJA lots.

You can be totally sure about it. Wink
I'd say there's literally no chance it's real. Never heard of U-Model. Also the colours are wrong on both (draciel V is a completely different shade of green and the spin gear of Metal Dranzer). Oh and the stickers on Metal Dranzer say that wrong thing.
Yes, it's fake. Not having the Takara / Hasbro / Sono Kong label on it is already enough to identify it as a fake.
It has Chinese on it. And max has strange hair colors.
So it's a fake; blatantly awful.
(Oct. 26, 2014  1:50 AM)Neo Wrote: It has Chinese on it. And max has strange hair colors.
So it's a fake; blatantly awful.

Actually it´s Japanese (just using many Kanji, which are also used by Chinese people, put there´s a lot of Hiragana and Katakana as well, which is only Japanse), but yeah, it looks like Max was at the barber´s. XD Also, Jin of the gale is drawn completely differently in style than usual. And wrong text, like Ultra said, and so on...
Nevertheless, since Takara, Hasbro and SK are the only "real" beys, you don´t even have to bother about the details. No trade mark --> fake. Easy as that. Doesn´t mean the other way round (all beys that have that mark on in are real) works, but without the tm you can say for sure.
Not that it matters but Jin looks that way (or very similar) on the box of Metal Dranzer since that's the way he looks in the manga.