[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

(Aug. 29, 2014  2:00 PM)Aqua Roxas Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2014  12:52 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2014  10:12 AM)Aqua Roxas Wrote: How much is Guardian Driger Copper Version Hasbro. I don't want it brand new, but I want the box to be with it.

And how much are Trygle 2 G and Dragoon GT with the same specifications as Guardian Driger.

Good condition, not mint, but all stickers and with box:
Guardian Driger: 15$
Trygle 2G: 85$
Dragoon GT: 110$
Thanks, but I thought Guardian Driger Copper was worth more. Is it not?
Could you also tell me the prices of:
Burning Kerberous
Draciel S
Driger S
Dranzer V

Same conditions as the previously mentioned beyblades.

No, it´s not. I think the copper version is Hasbro and you can get even the blue Takara version for 13$ or less easily. NIB would be more, of course, but used it´s not more than 15, because it´s not very hard to find.

The others (all used in good condition with box)
Burning Kerberous: 15$ (yes, it is that cheap. Oki´s last one went for 10$ without box.)
Draciel S: 7$
Driger S: 15$ (same as Burning C.)
Dranzer V: 10$

If you want more valuable beys, those have to be NIB at least.
I just need 1 last piece of info Smile

How much is Zeus. Same specification.
(Aug. 29, 2014  2:26 PM)Aqua Roxas Wrote: I just need 1 last piece of info Smile

How much is Zeus. Same specification.

60 bucks. Wink
You might be able to find one bit they are not (BK) nearly as cheap as your implying- on average of course.
Hah. Well to be honest, I kinda already have em. I was just wondering how much they would sell for if I wanted to sell them.
(Aug. 29, 2014  2:58 PM)Poseidon Wrote: You might be able to find one bit they are not (BK) nearly as cheap as your implying- on average of course.

If you include the hopelessly overpriced in your calculation, then yes, the average is higher. BUT it´s not very hard to find them for the prices I mentioned. You can get NIB Zeus easily for 80 dollars, so 60 for a used one isn´t farfetched. Also the others, you simply have to check Oki´s shop to get them for those prices. Or YJ.

Edit: If you want to sell them, there´s no point in pricing them like the average, because people will buy the cheaper ones.
I planned on it.
(Aug. 29, 2014  3:19 PM)Aqua Roxas Wrote: Hah. Well to be honest, I kinda already have em. I was just wondering how much they would sell for if I wanted to sell them.

(Aug. 29, 2014  3:19 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2014  2:58 PM)Poseidon Wrote: You might be able to find one bit they are not (BK) nearly as cheap as your implying- on average of course.

If you include the hopelessly overpriced in your calculation, then yes, the average is higher. BUT it´s not very hard to find them for the prices I mentioned. You can get NIB Zeus easily for 80 dollars, so 60 for a used one isn´t farfetched. Also the others, you simply have to check Oki´s shop to get them for those prices. Or YJ.

Edit: If you want to sell them, there´s no point in pricing them like the average, because people will buy the cheaper ones.
Honestly, not many people outside the WBO and a fair amount in the WBO don't know about Hos shop, not to mention that people are willing to pay a lot more got them on other websites. Not drastically higher of course but around 30. If you're wanting to sell them, that's the best price I say you could sell them at.
(Aug. 29, 2014  3:23 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Honestly, not many people outside the WBO and a fair amount in the WBO don't know about Hos shop, not to mention that people are willing to pay a lot more got them on other websites. Not drastically higher of course but around 30. If you're wanting to sell them, that's the best price I say you could sell them at.

Well, I think using people´s unknowing to sell one´s own stuff for unneccesarily high prices is very close to pulling people over the barrel. Not illegal, but indecent. My opinion.
You are entitled to it and it is; but that won't stop a) everyone else from selling t at that piece and b) stop people from buying it. The price is based off supply and demand and just because Oki is selling them way below average price doesn't mean that's what it values at. Furthermore, supply also has to be considered and the bulk of BK are I eBay and thus are mostly sold at an eBay price. It is not by any means a scam more just looking out for the best deal. It's the world we live in.
So uhh, I might sound like a noob for this, but how exactly do you even invert Seaborg's tip?
(Aug. 29, 2014  3:38 PM)Poseidon Wrote: You are entitled to it and it is; but that won't stop a) everyone else from selling t at that piece and b) stop people from buying it. The price is based off supply and demand and just because Oki is selling them way below average price doesn't mean that's what it values at. Furthermore, supply also has to be considered and the bulk of BK are I eBay and thus are mostly sold at an eBay price. It is not by any means a scam more just looking out for the best deal. It's the world we live in.

Please read my replies to your posts properly. I never ever said it was scam or that you´re not entitled to do it. I only call it indecent to make use of children´s unknowing and also emphasized that it´s not illegal.

The value of a beyblade is determined by the cheapest amount of money you can get it for without much trouble or waiting, because people always buy the cheapest they can find.
Of course, you´re free to become one more seller, who sells his stuff for more than neccessary and make lots of money by doing so. You will always find one, who´s dumb enough to pay double the amount for the bey. But if you sell your stuff for reasonable prices, you will be the one selling and the others will be left with their overpriced stuff. The majority of the people will luckily tap their forehead when they see the amounts of money some sellers want to have for some single spinning tops, and also most WBO members are smart enough to ask here where they can get it as cheap as possible. Just because some dumbos raise the average price by buying completely overpriced stuff, that average can´t be considered as the true value of the beyblade.

Also, I know exactly the world we live in, thanks. And I also know what supply and demand is, thanks again. But, supply and demand also means that people will buy the cheapest they can find and since "average" means that 50% of the other prices are lower, your chance of selling stuff for average prices becomes smaller. That may work for beys that are extremely hard to find (GT´s, Shining Gods, etc), so supply is very low, because people are desperate enough to spend too much for them. But for beys like BC the demand isn´t high enough compared to the supply.

You should also keep in mind that always selling your stuff for the absolute maximum price, it´s the best way to make the prices sky-rocket more than they are already doing, because nobody wants to sell his stuff for less than he spent for it. For the seller it looks like the best he can do in that moment, but on the long run those overprice sellers will ruin the hobby of collecting beyblades for others. Sure, still NOT illegal, but egoistical, ruthless and as I said, indecent. It´s up to you, whether you want to become such a seller or not.

EDIT:
(Aug. 29, 2014  4:07 PM)Aqua Roxas Wrote: So uhh, I might sound like a noob for this, but how exactly do you even invert Seaborg's tip?

Remove the SG from the base, press in the rubber tip from the outside of the base to the inside with a pencil or something and insert it from the outside again. As simple as that. Smile
Please read mine as well. I said that of course you are entitled your opinion and yes perhaps the word scam was an exaggeration.

Regardless, the claim that a Beyblades value is the cheapest price you can find it just doesn't hold up to scratch. Yes most people try to find the cheapest possibly available, but there is enough people who just try and get it as soon as possible.

An average also has to consider the 5th and 95th percentile. You're getting rid off sky high prices and you're also getting rid off unnaturally cheap prices. The full demand can't be met with that 5% percentile anyway. Furthermore, Beyblades prices don't range nearly as other products. That 50% lower doesn't account for much when A) there is not much of a supply B) there is only a slight difference in price between your 5-50.

A seller is also trying to make money as well, why should the seller sell a Beyblade at such a low price when people are happily buying a Beyblade like BK for what is a reasonable price. The price that I was talking about is reasonable for both the buyer and seller. Someone is not going to be "egotistical" or "ruthless" by selling at such a price, as you are implying.

We should leave it here regardless, rather than argue conflicting views. I've said what I have to say.
I agree that it´s useless to continue this discussion, because you keep twisting my words.
If you had read this one little passage, you could have spared 3/4 of your post.

I´ll just quote myself to make clear what I meant:

(Aug. 29, 2014  4:29 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote: The value of a beyblade is determined by the cheapest amount of money you can get it for without much trouble or waiting, because people always buy the cheapest they can find.

For you in other words: Not the very cheapest in general. Not even close to your lowest 5%. Just the cheapest price that is still easy to find for everyone, such as (NOT only!) Oki´s store or two clicks on YJ. Which means, lower than the average, which is rather influenced by the many overpriced sellers than the few sellers who have prices in those 5% of yours. This is fair for seller and buyer, everything more would rather be an advantage for the seller.

A) there is plenty of a supply. Why would dealers have giant stocks of beys for sale, if there wasn´t? YJ is full with oldshool beys. B) The range between the very cheapest and the most expensive sellers is tremendous: Dragoon GT NIB for 460 on ebay, 300 from taxus. He also could sell his for 400 and make more money, but he´s content with the money he makes by selling it for 300, because he´s not greedy and doesn´t want to fleece people. Same for other oldshool beys.

And C) People are bidding that much, because they see other hopelessly overpriced beys and suddenly the medium overpriced bey seems cheap. That´s what I meant with "pushing the market".

That´s pretty much it from my side.
Doesn't want to fleece people - $300 beyblade. Good joke stoney Eee
(Aug. 29, 2014  10:04 PM)Ultra Wrote: Doesn't want to fleece people - $300 beyblade. Good joke stoney Eee

300 for a NIB Dragoon GT isn't really that much, compared to what some crazy people are willing to pay.
(Aug. 29, 2014  10:04 PM)Ultra Wrote: Doesn't want to fleece people - $300 beyblade. Good joke stoney Eee

Tournament Gold SGMS?
(Aug. 29, 2014  11:03 PM)DRANZER KING Wrote:

Tournament Gold SGMS?
I remember hearing that one to be extremely rare, and Gold SGMS is probably the best I could get.

Anyways this is for the HMS Q&A Thread.
Not really, he was just saying that other beys were more expensive.
(Aug. 29, 2014  11:05 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2014  11:03 PM)DRANZER KING Wrote:

Tournament Gold SGMS?
I remember hearing that one to be extremely rare, and Gold SGMS is probably the best I could get.

??????

I was replying to him saying no beyblade was worth $300.

It's arguably the rarest beyblade ever.
(Aug. 29, 2014  11:07 PM)DRANZER KING Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2014  11:05 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2014  11:03 PM)DRANZER KING Wrote: Tournament Gold SGMS?

??????

I was replying to him saying no beyblade was worth $300.

It's arguably the rarest beyblade ever.

Hah, that's funny.
Advanced GT Set Dragoon GT..
Dragoon GT in general. That's a cheap price.
SGMS, Bloody Devil.
White MSUV NIB.
Silver Dragoon V2 is immensely rare.
Desert Sphinxer! NIB.
Cyber Dragoon Battle Spec NIB!
No need to act condescending. Plus I'm pretty sure most of those aren't wort as much as tournament gold SGMS.
Maybe he was replying to Ultra?
(Aug. 29, 2014  11:14 PM)Dual Wrote: No need to act condescending. Plus I'm pretty sure most of those aren't wort as much as tournament gold SGMS.

I never said they were.
Most are $300+ though.
But let's not talk about rares; specifically HMS.

Is Hasbro's Dragoon V different?
I've been here for a while and gradually seen prices get higher and higher so i'm not very inclined to say that $300 for a chunk of plastic and metal is a good deal.