[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

guys, any idea how much a hasbro dranzer (orange) grip and hasbro (blue) dragoon grip cost
I'd say around $10-15 a piece, they are quite easy to get in old plastic lots on Ebay.
(Jul. 31, 2014  8:51 AM)Poseidon Wrote: They are quite rare, I'd say at least $20 a piece, they are quite easy to get in old plastic lots on Ebay.

Cool thanks !!!

I knew the approx range.. But still wanted to confirm and take opinions
(Jul. 31, 2014  7:12 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: ...aka the best AR/WD combo for both attack and defense

Yeah...no Uncertain

I think you're drastically underestimating weight-based defense.
Upper Dragoon
Wide Defense
Neo Left Spin Gear (BK Core)
Wolborg 2 Shaft
Defense Ring
Customize Grip Base

what is the point of weight based defense when this exists.
just fyi i have a lot of pvp plastics experience with top tier parts/combos.

rule of thumb in plastics: steal spin whenever you can.

also battles go very differently in tornado stadiums compared to BB-10.
You're exactly right; a BB-10 is NOT what plastics are dormant in. Tornado Attack is flat along the edge; making battles very different.
Hey, I have a question.

I want to start a plastics collection (I know I'm like 10 years late) but I'm looking for the must haves for competitive use. Price doesn't really matter, just list what exactly I need to start off my collection. Right now all I have is a Draciel F (I know Unhappy ) Thanks.
I might not be the beat person to answer, but... opinions always help(usually).

You could simply look at the Tier List.

Dragoon V2's base, Upper Dragoon(Master Dragoon AR), Burning Kerberous, Tiger Defenser/War Lion(From Driger S and Galeon respectively),Volctic Ape. Those are all good parts/Beyblades to own.
(Aug. 01, 2014  5:06 AM)LMAO Wrote: Hey, I have a question.

I want to start a plastics collection (I know I'm like 10 years late) but I'm looking for the must haves for competitive use. Price doesn't really matter, just list what exactly I need to start off my collection. Right now all I have is a Draciel F (I know Unhappy ) Thanks.

*=need ^=IN MY OPINION
Right now you'll need the following;

*Dragoon G (AR supreme amazing left smash.)
*^Grip Attacker (Very great base, light smash.)
^Dranzer G (One of the best smash ARs in right spin IMO. Please get it.)
*Driger G (AR IS TOP TIER SMASH.)
^Dragoon V2 (expensive; $150 nib or common in lots. His base and Tip; mostly for defense. *NEED LEFT CASTINGS*)
*Voltaic Ape ($28 NIB on eBay and Defense ring is a MUST HAVE.
^Dragoon GT (AR only really, his AR is one of the best in the game IMO. Again, rare, maybe in lots)
^Dranzer GT (You can skip, but if you have the dough his AR is top tier left upper attack.)
*Master/ Kids Dragoon (ONE OF THE BEST ARs IN THE GAME. GET. COMMON.)
Dranzer S (Very useful endurance shaft, not the best IMO but you may like it.)
*Dragoon S (Worthless; but he has the useful as hell Storm Grip Base for Upper Attack)
*Driger S [Or Jumping Base Hasbro with AR] (AR, best in the game basically. Own it or die...)
*WOLBORG 2 (Arguably one of the best shafts in the game, you need this bey blade.)
*BURNING KERBEROUS (To maximize your potential you need his base and core. Zombie shiz.)
^Dragoon V (Just Left castings.)
*METAL DRIGER (NEED HMC SO MANY GET HMC IK SERIOUS DO IT.)
^Cyber Dragoon/Battle Spec (AR has recoil issues in right; but is amazing in left...seriously.)
^Zeus (Screw Zeus SAR is one of the best. No lie.)
^Galeon (War Lion AR, SAR sucks )
^*GAIA DRAGOON V (BASE IS AMAZING*. ^AR is amazing with Screw Zeus.)
^*Gaia Dragoon G (Dragon Saucer +War Lion is one of the best attack canceling AR's in the game.)
^*SeaBorg (Base is all you need. Hyper Agg when inverted, but hard to control. I suggest the defense mode with HMC.)
^ Metal Dragoon/Bearing Stinger (Hasbro if you need endurance; what I recommend. Good shaft. Takara isn't as good; you can use WB2 Shaft instead.)
I think that's about it.
You forgot Wide Defense lol

I'm just going to organize this a bit, so it will be as economical as possible while still giving you useful stuff, so you aren't overwhelmed with all these alternatives. Also make it a little easier to read.

The bare essentials
Wide Defense. Best part in all of Plastics.

More complicated stuff

Other Options
Seriously guys that was beyond what I was asking for, thank you all so much. I'll look into buying these today if not tomorrow. Smile

Also Wombat, once I have all those parts to make the zombie, I'll PM you for help Smile

EDIT: Is there any difference between a Takara and Sono Kong Dragoon GT?
(Aug. 01, 2014  3:46 PM)LMAO Wrote: Seriously guys that was beyond what I was asking for, thank you all so much. I'll look into buying these today if not tomorrow. Smile

Also Wombat, once I have all those parts to make the zombie, I'll PM you for help Smile

EDIT: Is there any difference between a Takara and Sono Kong Dragoon GT?

Yes, Sonokong parts are a little "tighter" than Takara or Hasbro and so you can´t combine Sonokong parts with non-Sonokong parts. Also, the AR says "Dragon GT" and not "Dragoon GT". A link was posted just recently in the ebay topic.
Actually the parts were only smaller up to a certain point. I think by the V or V2 series they were the same size.
I have to correct my words (thanks, Cannon! Wink ): The G-Rev. Sonokongs fit with others, it looks like only the pre-G-Rev. beys don´t fit.
(Aug. 01, 2014  5:06 AM)LMAO Wrote: Hey, I have a question.

(Jul. 24, 2014  6:50 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Bistool, Wolborg 2, Master/Kid Dragoon, Gaia Dragoon V, Wide Defense Weight Disk, 10 Balance Weight Disk, Left Spin Gear (not Neo), Tiger Defenser AR

those are the most necessary plastics/parts imo. you have good compact, zombie, defense, and attack combos there.

Very well complemented by Dranzer S, Dragoon V2 and a Defense Ring, as well as Burning Kerberous' Spin Gear, Wide Survivor, and Driger F's shaft.
Heavy Metal Core never hurts.
Let me tell you this guys;

When buying any G-Rev Sono Kong keep THIS IN MIND.
From experience; all plastics from G-Revolution by SK have more rugged and worse plastic quality. Sometimes this helps (Eight Spiker being far more aggressive yet reliable.) but mostly this is a bad thing. As well as engine gears...hit or miss basically. I wouldn't recommend buying SK in any fashion unless it's metal Driger for his HMC.
The HMS line is fine though.
Let's just sum this up; SK G-Rev could be bad or good. Only get if you can't get Hasbro or Takara. Preferably Takara all the time.
(Jul. 31, 2014  11:04 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: Upper Dragoon
Wide Defense
Neo Left Spin Gear (BK Core)
Wolborg 2 Shaft
Defense Ring
Customize Grip Base

what is the point of weight based defense when this exists.
just fyi i have a lot of pvp plastics experience with top tier parts/combos.

rule of thumb in plastics: steal spin whenever you can.

also battles go very differently in tornado stadiums compared to BB-10.

McF, I'm well aware of your pedigree in plastics.

No idea why the mention of BB-10, I've never touched anything beyond HMS.

(Jul. 24, 2014  6:50 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Bistool, Wolborg 2, Master/Kid Dragoon, Gaia Dragoon V, Wide Defense Weight Disk, 10 Balance Weight Disk, Left Spin Gear (not Neo), Tiger Defenser AR

those are the most necessary plastics/parts imo. you have good compact, zombie, defense, and attack combos there.

Very well complemented by Dranzer S, Dragoon V2 and a Defense Ring, as well as Burning Kerberous' Spin Gear, Wide Survivor, and Driger F's shaft.
Heavy Metal Core never hurts.

I disagree with Bistool and 10 balance. GDV, assuming you want to use it for its base as opposed to the hyper-aggro AR combo with Zeus, is probably inferior to Seaborg inverted tip mode.

On the other hand, I'd consider HMC to be nearly as vital as Wide Defense as a staple part.
How much is a black Dragoon Grip Attacker worth?
That's a hard question to answer. There is one NIB on YJA for a large amount but I can't remember how much. It was at least 10000 yen I think. They're tremendously rare (however I haven't been here for a year so I don't know how many times it has turned up in that period). If you find one in a decent condition for anything less around $40 - $50 i'd say buy it.
(Aug. 04, 2014  12:05 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: How much is a black Dragoon Grip Attacker worth?

when its a NIB i would say around 70$.

im sure that people would pay more for the origial white one were i would say around 100$ NIB
I have a question, what was the purpose of the bit finder?
(Aug. 04, 2014  2:08 AM)LMAO Wrote: I have a question, what was the purpose of the bit finder?

Nothing, really..
Just fun kids gimmick.
It was shown in the anime for finding the Bit Beasts, but that's about it.
I feel like those type of bits are easier to break IMO.
Got a NIB Dranzer V2...
How does this work exactly..?
I launch it and it doesn't go into Sharp mode.
Hmm that's odd. According to the article it's supposed to go straight into sharp mode when launched.